Fired

san diego sam

Hi guys Im really frustrated that I got fired for customers calling in to say I seemed impaired and this was the third time. I loved driving for uber and all I can thing is my passengers mistaked my joyful chattyness for being on something. I have totaly been up front with Uber and changed my ettique while Im driving for Lyft. I have sent a few feedback and plea requests to be reinstated...is this a lost cause Ive been driving a total of 11months and about 12000 rides. Lyfn t doesnt have the amount of fares that can pay my wifes and I bills.

Ubering

Did you go to a Uber office to talk to a live person? Maybe that can help.. they have an office in Miramsr and by the airport (1398 Hancock st).. in the Xchange office.

Pesty

Sorry to hear that bro, sucks. Green lights can't do much in these cases as it's corporate who handles this.

If you go all in with lyft you can be part of their clique and get more rides.

Best of luck

san diego sam

Did you go to a Uber office to talk to a live person? Maybe that can help.. they have an office in Miramsr and by the airport (1398 Hancock st).. in the Xchange office.
I did walk in there personally to say humbly Im not a partier our have wanted to be tempted to have a cocktail ...I been sober almost two years.

san diego sam

Sorry to hear that bro, sucks. Green lights can't do much in these cases as it's corporate who handles this.

If you go all in with lyft you can be part of their clique and get more rides.

Best of luck
Yea ultimately thats what Im
I did walk in there personally to say humbly Im not a partier our have wanted to be tempted to have a cocktail ...I been sober almost two years.
ill try he one on Hanncock which is closer to my house

Uber_Yota_916

Call the support number. Have them escalate the call to a manager who can help you. If the person you are speaking with is a manager ask to speak with their manager if you find yourself hitting a wall.

San Diego Steve

Hi guys Im really frustrated that I got fired for customers calling in to say I seemed impaired and this was the third time. I loved driving for uber and all I can thing is my passengers mistaked my joyful chattyness for being on something. I have totaly been up front with Uber and changed my ettique while Im driving for Lyft. I have sent a few feedback and plea requests to be reinstated...is this a lost cause Ive been driving a total of 11months and about 12000 rides. Lyfn t doesnt have the amount of fares that can pay my wifes and I bills.
File for unemployment!

Can I play devil's advocate and say that if multiple people think you "seem impaired" while you are driving, then it doesn't really matter if you're actually drunk or anything else. Driving (or behaving) in a way that makes several different people think you're not sober, would seem to be reasonable grounds for firing you from a driving gig.

goneubering

12000 rides???? Over 1000 rides per month in how many days and hours?

qaz

Can I play devil's advocate and say that if multiple people think you "seem impaired" while you are driving, then it doesn't really matter if you're actually drunk or anything else. Driving (or behaving) in a way that makes several different people think you're not sober, would seem to be reasonable grounds for firing you from a driving gig.
But it's three in 12000 trips. One in 4000. That's about 250 trips per week. 100 hrs a week, every single week...maybe it's the coffee.

JasonB

12000 rides in 11 months... LOL.

I hereby crown you 'King Ant'.

As far as your 'joyful chattiness' this has been discussed at length, but I will bring
up my thoughts here once again for your benefit.

Pax are NOT your friends. Don't pretend they are. Don't try to make them your friends.

If you value your gig with Uber, always keep in mind that all it takes is one report
(false or otherwise) from pax to permanently end your 'employment'.

Don't talk too much, don't say too much. Nothing good can come of it. This goes double
if you are anting (which you obviously are) and driving drunk hours of 11pm to 3 am.

Best of luck.

Last edited: