• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Fired From Uber Over Rider Disagreement To Cleaning Fee

Boca Ratman

Sounds good. Details please.
I got accused of touching a fake rider pax and sexually propositioning her. I was suspended pending an investigation. I asked for a time frame because I have DC footage. I was contacted by support, text then a call. I sent the footage and was cleared. I'm considering civil action so I do not want to get too into it. My dashcam wasn't the best but was good enough to clearly show the pax sat in the back seat and that I never left my car. she claimed she was upfront and I got out at her destination. I was reactive shory after

240BIGWINO

I got accused of touching a fake rider pax and sexually propositioning her. I was suspended pending an investigation. I asked for a time frame because I have DC footage. I was contacted by support, text then a call. I sent the footage and was cleared. I'm considering civil action so I do not want to get too into it. My dashcam wasn't the best but was good enough to clearly show the pax sat in the back seat and that I never left my car. she claimed she was upfront and I got out at her destination. I was reactive shory after
So support accepted and watched your dashcam footage? Did you have to go to a Hub?

This is excellent information. Please consider creating a thread w your story in Advice forum.

Boca Ratman

So support accepted and watched your dashcam footage? Did you have to go to a Hub?

This is excellent information. Please consider creating a thread w your story in Advice forum.
Google drive. The file was too big to send via text, I asked for an email address and she suggested Google drive. That is what I did.

I was lucky, my dash cam was several years old and unreliable. It would go weeks without turning on then work for a few weeks or work one day but not the next. No rhyme or reason to it. I had never needed footage and the one time it could have helped support didn't want it (impaired driving claim)

I upgraded my dashcam that night. I suggest every driver invest in one and an extra hi quality sd card.

It's not a big leap to go from scamming a free ride with this kind of claim to thinking they can sue Uber for millions with a false sexual assault claim destroying the drivers life in the process.

25rides7daysaweek

At 8:30pm I received a very generic response saying

We have reviewed your cleaning free requests. After further investigation, it looks like there may be some disagreement from the rider about the events that occurred during this trip so we have suspended your account.

We take incident reports very seriously. Please understand that this was not a swift decision. We understand that this news can be upsetting but please know that we have to treat this kind of incident very seriously. Thank you for your understanding regarding this matter. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

No matter what questions are asked I get the same generic message worded slightly different, they will not answer any questions. No matter what I say or what proof I show of any mess they believe the rider based on word of mouth so any rider can lie and not pay a cleaning fee. These cleaning fees are approved by a uber representative. I have no control over the price or approval. I received one email and was suspended/fired immediately with no warning. How are we considered self employed if we can get fired?

After many emails, they finally confirmed there was 3 disagreements. I was only notified of two and reported 20 plus for the year. Not just puke but for other messes also.

This may be unrelated but Uber deactivated my account when I was working about 6 months ago and threatened to fire me if there was more reports of this nature. The report was that I had a passenger in my car, The person that reported this never saw me or my car because I did not pick them up because they were walking around but I could not find them. And no I never had a friend/passenger in my car it was completely made up like these disagreements that all have clear evidence of the mess.

Are there any lawyers in the Detroit area that will take this case?
I have 19000 rides over 2.5 years and never filed one. Unfortunately for you it seems you have given us all a heads up about the downfalls of driving at night...

CDP

one time I picked up two college kids who are complete jerks. It was immediately after that girl got in the car that was not an Uber and got killed. Everybody wanted to crucify an Uber driver and make us tell them our blood type to allow them in our vehicle. So at any rate I explained to them that the proper way to safely use the platform is to look at our license plate and then come to the window and I will tell them my name and they will tell me their name. She refused but then accepted my advice. When I got done with their call I stopped for 5 minutes to get gas and pizza because they have pizza. So what I did was I took my pizza crust, throw it in the back of the car and then take a picture of it and sent it over and got $20. They gave me one star in a bad report I took 20 bucks. The only time I've ever done anything like that and I still laugh about it.

Bubsie

How much time passed between your ride and rider allegation? Looks like it would be best to have two sd cards and rotate them so you can archive your footage to longer term storage.

Also its prob worth it to get a high endurance memory card, as the regular ones can ones can wear out after being in continuous use.

IR12

We have reviewed your cleaning free requests. After further investigation, it looks like there may be some disagreement from the rider about the events that occurred during this trip so we have suspended your account.

We take incident reports very seriously. Please understand that this was not a swift decision. We understand that this news can be upsetting but please know that we have to treat this kind of incident very seriously. Thank you for your understanding regarding this matter. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

No matter what questions are asked I get the same generic message worded slightly different, they will not answer any questions. No matter what I say or what proof I show of any mess they believe the rider based on word of mouth so any rider can lie and not pay a cleaning fee. These cleaning fees are approved by a uber representative. I have no control over the price or approval. I received one email and was suspended/fired immediately with no warning. How are we considered self employed if we can get fired?

After many emails, they finally confirmed there was 3 disagreements. I was only notified of two and reported 20 plus for the year. Not just puke but for other messes also.

This may be unrelated but Uber deactivated my account when I was working about 6 months ago and threatened to fire me if there was more reports of this nature. The report was that I had a passenger in my car, The person that reported this never saw me or my car because I did not pick them up because they were walking around but I could not find them. And no I never had a friend/passenger in my car it was completely made up like these disagreements that all have clear evidence of the mess.

20, really? Perhaps you should have been more selective about your pax.

I think if I spoke to 4-5 drivers, added up their cleaning reports + mines, it wouldn't come anywhere near 20.

Ian Richard Markham

You people lie about sending your dashcam footage to Uber. There is no way to prove that the footage was taken at the time of the incident. And the cameras that embed lat-long and time data can be altered to say anything. Give me a break! It is purely psychological how some people will post lies and give such intricate detail.

PaxiCab

That’s f***ing insane, I hate that a pax would do that to a driver. I’m also interested in the whole story
Post automatically merged:

You people lie about sending your dashcam footage to Uber. There is no way to prove that the footage was taken at the time of the incident. And the cameras that embed lat-long and time data can be altered to say anything. Give me a break! It is purely psychological how some people will post lies and give such intricate detail.
What would TRULY be the incentive for boca ratman to lie and be so detailed for this particular post? There’s so many ways to prove that the footage was taken at the time of the incident, so clearly you either DONT have a dashcam, or have never seen a screenshot of footage. Some even tell you your speed and direction. The time stamp is clear as day for archiving. Get TF outta here, that’s all I’m gonna say

Last edited:

Boca Ratman

That’s f***ing insane, I hate that a pax would do that to a driver. I’m also interested in the whole story
Really not a whole lot more to it. Around 1130 am on a Monday I got a request, 8 thought the name was a Male name. Get to the house and a person came out, wasn't sure at first if Male or female but figured probably a chick. She got in the back, I said "hey how you doing?" Confirmed the address, a restuarant. She answered both but I couldn't hear what she said,. Not another word was said for the 20 minute 13 mile drive. I pulled up, asked if here was okay, she said yeah, unsaid have a nice day.

That was it.

20-30 minutes later I got a notice that my account needed attention. I called, they told me it was re: concerns from a report from a recent trip. Then nothing until Sunday night. Radio silence.

I got a text from someone with support, telling me they would call soon and asking that I send footage from the date and time frame. I talked to the investigator and was floored by the accusations. I should have been prepared w/the footage but I wasn't. I honestly thought it had to do with a car I had just added recently.

I was actually reactive before I sent the footage, the footage got it taken off my account/record and the got their account terminated, I think.

Here's the crazy part, my dash cam, is 3 plus years old, cooks in the sun all day and isn't very reliable. It doesn't always turn on, no rhyme or reason., works for a few days then doesn't for a week. Works for 2 hours then won't turn on for 2 days. Just randomly works sometimes. The audio is sub par and the field of vision is kinda limited. Its a falcon 360 dual. It just so happened to work that day. The footage was enough to show I never really talked to her, did not get out of the car, and that she was not in the front seat. 3 things she claimed.

I ordered a new, much better cam that day. I've never needed footage in almost 4 years and had become complicit with the record.

It was a real wake up call. As I said elsewhere maybe this thread. It's not too far th5yyry a leap to go from making up lies for a free ride to making up lies for a lawsuit. Without video, the accusations alone could and would negatively affect someone'sife forever.

300 buck for the new cam, not much really considering. An attorney would p

PaxiCab

Really not a whole lot more to it. Around 1130 am on a Monday I got a request, 8 thought the name was a Male name. Get to the house and a person came out, wasn't sure at first if Male or female but figured probably a chick. She got in the back, I said "hey how you doing?" Confirmed the address, a restuarant. She answered both but I couldn't hear what she said,. Not another word was said for the 20 minute 13 mile drive. I pulled up, asked if here was okay, she said yeah, unsaid have a nice day.

That was it.

20-30 minutes later I got a notice that my account needed attention. I called, they told me it was re: concerns from a report from a recent trip. Then nothing until Sunday night. Radio silence.

I got a text from someone with support, telling me they would call soon and asking that I send footage from the date and time frame. I talked to the investigator and was floored by the accusations. I should have been prepared w/the footage but I wasn't. I honestly thought it had to do with a car I had just added recently.

I was actually reactive before I sent the footage, the footage got it taken off my account/record and the got their account terminated, I think.

Here's the crazy part, my dash cam, is 3 plus years old, cooks in the sun all day and isn't very reliable. It doesn't always turn on, no rhyme or reason., works for a few days then doesn't for a week. Works for 2 hours then won't turn on for 2 days. Just randomly works sometimes. The audio is sub par and the field of vision is kinda limited. Its a falcon 360 dual. It just so happened to work that day. The footage was enough to show I never really talked to her, did not get out of the car, and that she was not in the front seat. 3 things she claimed.

I ordered a new, much better cam that day. I've never needed footage in almost 4 years and had become complicit with the record.

It was a real wake up call. As I said elsewhere maybe this thread. It's not too far th5yyry a leap to go from making up lies for a free ride to making up lies for a lawsuit. Without video, the accusations alone could and would negatively affect someone'sife forever.

300 buck for the new cam, not much really considering. An attorney would p
Stories like this truly make me sick. I can’t tell enough people to get a dashcam for however long you do this gig. Mine was $110 and is also 360. Hope you never run into that again, and if you do - at least you have backup. Can’t say that a repeat offender wouldn’t make Uber’s alleged “algorithms” permenantly deactivate you with no way to defend the situation, as stories I’ve read here. I hate people sometimes

Boca Ratman

Can’t say that a repeat offender wouldn’t make Uber’s alleged “algorithms” permenantly deactivate you with no way to defend the situation, as stories I’ve read here. I hate people sometimes
Yeah, I was told that I was 100% cleared and it was gone from my record.

That ride was so ordinary and uneventful that I had ruled it out first as the possible issue/complainer. In fact, I had ruled out all the rides that day with the exception of one that was highly doubtful, in my mind. I went through every ride for the prior week and nothing stood out. I was positive it had to do with the car I had added, took a week to get approved so I drove with anyway. (Surprisingly no one noticed or said anything, 60 trips)

It was a 25 dollar ride, young kid 18-20. I have her place of work, I've been tempted to go in but have so far restrained myself. I guess she really needed that 25 bucks.

PaxiCab

Yeah, I was told that I was 100% cleared and it was gone from my record.

That ride was so ordinary and uneventful that I had ruled it out first as the possible issue/complainer. In fact, I had ruled out all the rides that day with the exception of one that was highly doubtful, in my mind. I went through every ride for the prior week and nothing stood out. I was positive it had to do with the car I had added, took a week to get approved so I drove with anyway. (Surprisingly no one noticed or said anything, 60 trips)

It was a 25 dollar ride, young kid 18-20. I have her place of work, I've been tempted to go in but have so far restrained myself. I guess she really needed that 25 bucks.
Nobody needs 25 bucks as bad as to put someone out of work with that huge of an accusation. Imagine not on Uber, but in a corporate job in an office, and someone makes an accusation like that? And I’d say the worst people on earth are the people who you initially rule out who end up doing the crime

I can’t say years and years ago I would of been able to restrain myself going where I know they are, but karma is a b****, shell get hers

peteyvavs

Just reply, great I’ll just have this get some media exposure.

Boca Ratman

Lol. Okay, you caught me, I feel like such a fool now

I've been accused of impaired driving, they did not and would not veiw footage.

For this incident they did.

I have the cam for possible legal issues more than uber. It just so happened to protect me with uber on this. I dont give a shit whether you believe me or not. I would not drive without a dashcam.

Leoncio

Are you serious? 20 plus claims? I have more than 23000 rides between Uber and Lyft and also work til 2 am. I only have about 3 maybe 4 cleaning requests EVER!
Sorry but its people like you that scammed the system so much that now legit responsible drivers get only 50 to 100 bucks for vomit related issues. Absolutely no sympathy for you my friend.

Michael1230nj

I think it’s bold of you to file so many reports. Sorry Uber doesn’t see it that way. 20 seems really high. But I like that you are trying to push the envelope. Good Luck.

travis83

I felt bad for you, until you mentioned that you reported 20. Yikes. Keep some puke bags in your car when you drive for Lyft!

U/L guy

Sounds like Uber got smart and got rid of a scammer, no sympathy here.