Fines ... (parking etc.)

laureb

Then you have some morons who have the guts to tell you off that " am standing at the right on a non standing zone and want to be pick up here, when you tell pax to cross the road, its a bog NO NO."

Feel sorry for you mate, but we learn with the mistakes. I think its less frequent at night more often during day ( Council Fines)

LevelX

Crap.... thats a bit nasty!!!

Care to share the street/location of that one in Oakleigh for others?

Mightymong

Spot on. I also learnt the hard way when I stopped momentarily at a loading zone and within 8 seconds I was issued with an infringement sticker and 1 week late I had the official damn thing on mail. $152 - Port Phillip

laureb

Yep. I am definitely extra careful now but on some streets there is realy no where to stop and this affects our rating having to drop a pax in another street against their will.... ha well.
I know, but end of the day who is going to pay the Fine. If you finalise the trip at the destination then look for a safe place to drop them, am sure they will understand., Well this is what I do <<

UXDriver

what do you tell your pax when there is no place to stop?

I find myself having to tell them about the darn cameras every day. Not all of them understand. Some get stressed as the meter still running while i'm looking where to stop.
Simple

You tell them where you can stop legally you will stop

1 star them if they are shitty about it

laureb

I Agree with UXDriver. Am not scared at all to Tell of PAX what I can and what I can't. Let's put it that way, I would prefer pax rate me 1 if they are un happy rather than paying $ > 100 . if out of 40 trips you do on a particular day, 1 pax gives you 1, its nothing . You rating may be go down by
.1 but you can easily recover it with other PAX. That's just me the way I deal with it. :smiles:

UXDriver

How can they have almost whole streets (in the CBD) without a place to stop. We need Uber stations. We cant even park in taxi stands. You get fined too!
But i thought the ATO reckon we are taxi drivers.... go figure. Lol.
Uber is NOT legal

Why would they have Uber stands

UXDriver

Because the ATO thinks we are taxi drivers. That's why.

Absurd mate.... (ho and do me a favor stop posting the obvious. You have noting better to say better stay quiet).
You are whinging about parking illegally

You are too scared to tell customers that you can't stop or pickup in certain locations

You don't understand Uber is illegal

Yep makes sense to me

LevelX

ho and do me a favor mate. Stop posting the obvious. You have noting better to say better stay quiet.
You're clearly new here... So first up, welcome...... By now you seem to have found out that UXDriver is just a bot, that basically posts the same statements over and over again, some times they are valid, but most of the time they add no value to the convo. So be on the look out their posts, that can mostly be summed up as either "No surge, no ride" or "No water, no mints. ever"

laureb

My summary is learn with your mistakes . I have learnt a lot and still learning . With time , I managed to recover a rating of 4.6 to 4.9 . How. Well the secret is to learn with your mistakes and not to do the same again .

A lot of experienced drivers are on this forum . Very often I ask questions get feedback digest the feedback and seek solutions of how to implement some of the feedback to my issues . Nevertheless , no one is forced to apply the suggestions, the good thing being on here is to keep yourself up to date with the latest news

LevelX

Yep as laureb says, learn from the ones who have made mistakes before you. I don't disagree with UXDriver, best to not park in places that are illegal aka you'll get fined but he could apply a little sugar on it.

I've parked in places I shouldn't. Its a risk I take, but I'm trying to do it less and less these days and been lucky so far!

Also watch your speed, those fines hurt badly too. I got done a few weeks back at 6am in the morning. Hurt badly.... $303 worth of hurt.

Nevertheless , no one is forced to apply the suggestions
Correct, what works for some, doesn't work for others.

Everyone runs their Uber 'Cab' differently. Some only drive under surge, some don't do water mints or even clean the car.

UXDriver

You're clearly new here... So first up, welcome...... By now you seem to have found out that UXDriver is just a bot, that basically posts the same statements over and over again, some times they are valid, but most of the time they add no value to the convo. So be on the look out their posts, that can mostly be summed up as either "No surge, no ride" or "No water, no mints. ever"
Yep only fools provide water and mints and fools also don't know how to predict surge

Fools also stop in illegal zones and wonder why they get fined

You can't help some people

LevelX

For speed warnings i use a littel app called "Maps Speed Limits".
Might have to check it out. I did have a play with a couple for cameras etc post speeding fine. But find its easier just not to speed at all or run lights as they all had some issue to deal with :wink:

whatsataxi

I have seen signs around brunswick

"No Standing - Authorised Ridesharing Vehicles Excepted"

Its not legal but at least some councils are are getting it through their thick skulls that Uber isn't going away.