Uber Drivers Forum banner

fines for picking up pax in taxi zone and no stopping area

6K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  everythingsuber 
#1 ·
hi guys,

I have got two parking fine infringements by two different councils while picking-up pax. What the hell: P Now I have to pay parking fine that what i have earned.

How do you guys tackle this sort of issue? Pax want us to pick them from the location they in. Now I have got two infringements because of cheaper fares dammmmmmmmmmmmm

Do you reckon Taxi zone fine apply to UBer too? I mean we are providing taxi service, right?

#2 ·
My opinion, unfortunately, NO. We are operating under a private drivers licence. These are some of the things that need to be addressed in the Vic Government changes to the legislation and regulations.

The best we can do, legally, is park in the closest legal parking spot and then call the pax. I have done this many times and I have not had a complaint from the pax. Just say, 'sorry I couldn't get you from where you requested, this is the closest spot I could stop legally'. Most pax understand.

Contact Uber and see if they will pay. Good Luck

#7 ·
damm uber sucks they do not help with these. :( They pay cheap and not on driver side sucks .

UBer reply was

Friday, February 10, 2017 at 9:59:10 PM · uberX

Sorry to hear about the

Partners must follow the rules of the road as well as applicable traffic laws. You are responsible for resolving any incident that results from these violations, as we cannot assist with the payment of fees associated with moving or parking violations for your vehicle. All partners are independent contractors, meaning any fine or infringements received whilst you're online in the Uber app do not differ from when you are offline and using your own vehicle.

Whenever you found out or see that the pick up location is a no stopping zone, I suggest you to notify your rider before picking him up to move a little bit further from that area to avoid getting a ticket/citation. We are also educating riders about taxizones/bad pickup points. Good news is suggested pickup points is rolled out so riders can choose the good suggested pick up spots using this feature.

With nostopping/standing zones & seatbelts, partners must ensure their riders comply with the law - they need to be firm about this as it is their responsibility if they are fined. As a independent partner you are free to end the trip if you are feeling uncomfortable with rider presence and explain the reason.
Whilst we're unable to help financially, you may wish to check out this link which may assist you further as we are unfortunately unable to provide any legal or insurance advice.

Apologies for any disappointment and if you have further questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

#12 ·
Well, it IS fully illegal in Adelaide.

In
hi guys,

I have got two parking fine infringements by two different councils while picking-up pax. What the hell: P Now I have to pay parking fine that what i have earned.

How do you guys tackle this sort of issue? Pax want us to pick them from the location they in. Now I have got two infringements because of cheaper fares dammmmmmmmmmmmm

Do you reckon Taxi zone fine apply to UBer too? I mean we are providing taxi service, right?
In a few weeks , you won't get fines, but $7.50 top ups...

No, deva don't be threatened, slowly muppets realising we r independent contractors, hence we have every right to call and cancel, when uncomfortable on profit as well
Cancellation rate...pfffft!!

If more drivers cancelled more,
The lower the 'city average'...

Ultimately, if we all did it ... Its deemed acceptable, by the algorithm king.

Simple maths

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.