1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Financing a new Camry hybrid?

Discussion in 'Atlanta' started by Los, Aug 20, 2014.

1. SupaJ

SupaJ Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    They can't and they won't.
    Most people that are willing to drive for uber AND (or) need new car are not the best consumers, to put it lightly. :) these are the people with not so perfect credit score, unemployed or underemployed, etc. Subprime lenders is their only choice. Unfortunately.

SofterlightSD likes this.
  2. SofterlightSD

SofterlightSD New Member

Or, as someone else said, buy a used but decent car at lower cost/payments.
    Yeah, it's sad that the Uber management seem to be pretty callous & cold-hearted so early in life. Maybe all the drivers will eventually quit, the company will fail, and Travis et al will learn something valuable.

3. chi1cabby

chi1cabby Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Uber will not fail. But it has yet to learn the meaning of Good Corporate Citizenship.

4. SofterlightSD

SofterlightSD New Member

Anyone who was around for the 2000 tech meltdown would be less confident in their predictions. Anything can derail the latest tech darlings.

But more importantly, Good Corporate Citizenship comes from something the majority of people learn in grade school - the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Uber hasn't learned this basic lesson yet.

5. Tommy B

Tommy B Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have read everyone's remarks, I'll give mine. Most of you people never drove cabs before, nor Limo for a living.
    So here's the deal, for someone like me with ****ty credit and no source of income 'meaning no proof of income' as Cab driver since all my income was based on Cash I made, it's very hard to get a loan. Almost impossible. I got myself an 2015 Avalon, Hybrid with $271 weekly payment thru Uber Finincing, this is my third week with this car and the Uber, I am booking over $1300 + and - a week, after Uber takes their cut and car lease payment i am left with $800 Plus & Negative, so i am making like 700 to 800 clear a week, 12 to 14 hours 6 days a week. So for those who are crying wolf, remember this is a job u need to work ur ass off, not to sit around and chit chat about it. When i drove cab which ended by December 2014, I was paying $800 per week for a 2011 Nissan Altima Hybrid all beat up and 180,000 miles on it. Now I am paying $271 per week for a brand new car which someday will be mine and all paid for, and did not make a payment from my pocket. I know u are thinking who's this stupid man, but hey, like i said u guys never drove Taxi/Cabs before, i am only comparing this car to my old cab, but the job is the same, so as clients. I know if my credit was good and was able to show paychecks, i could have got the same car for $600 per month, but it's the price u pay when u are in cash biz, the money u saved on not paying Tax, lol now u pay it back another way. lol

Melanchroes and chi1cabby like this.

6. UrbanFisherman

UrbanFisherman Active Member

Uber is not a trust worthy company. Buying a car through them is like signing up to be a slave. Your payment will be harder and harder to make every time they hire more drivers and every time they drop the fares. Do they still take 20% and the safe rider fee? I can't imagine it. Why put yourself in that situation? You don't take loans from the mob and you don't buy cars through uber. Rules to live by.

7. Tommy B

Tommy B Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Fish I disagree with u, I can always walk away, as far as I know and checked, ur loan doesn't show in your report, another word in 2 or 1 year from now I can drop the car and say **** this, what they gonna do to me? People with good credit should go to their banks and get the loan.

8. ElectroFuzz

ElectroFuzz Well-Known Member

742 reviews of Santander, read a little, you will have a better picture of these loan sharks:
    http://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/santander.html
    They are experts, this is what they do, they have an army of lawyers and they do play dirty.
    Their goal is to get the "max money" out of you and all means are legit in their eyes.

o_O

9. Kamran

Kamran Member

From my understanding Uber financing is not good option. find low price car or finance through toyota and get on o%. I financed Avalon hybird through Toyota for 60 months 0% interest rate. so its better than Uber paying every week around $300.00

10. good4life

good4life Active Member

Just be aware... while they may not report you to the credit agencies, they most certainly will want a lease cancellation fee + any excess mileage charge. Once you commit to any lease, you will always have to pay to get out of it. Just beware...

Tommy B likes this.
  11. Kamran

Kamran Member

yup I know, but I financed not leased. I got commercial insurance and Ol plates , work for some limousine companies over the weekend. so no problem at all .

12. Tommy B

Tommy B Member

Driving:
    UberX
    $1000 down weekly $280. I drive and make payments till the car or job gives up. Then they have the remaining of what's left of the car from. You see people like me, have nothing to lose! This is why I only care what weekly payment is... Of course for those who care, go to legit financing Co,,

Chip Dawg likes this.
  13. Chip Dawg

Chip Dawg Well-Known Member

How did you get a limo tag?

14. Kamran

Kamran Member

in NJ we do not have tag we have OL plates

15. Realityshark

Realityshark Well-Known Member

Don't do it under any circumstances.

16. Chip Dawg

Chip Dawg Well-Known Member

I disagree. If its between jail or Santander. Picking Santander is a no brainer.