Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Finally, we can thank our riders!

6K views 118 replies 66 participants last post by  TPAMB 
#1 ·
This is sooo nice....
Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

See less See more
#6 ·
Product Map World Font Line

Well, this is new. Via app you can now send 'thanks' to a pax for a tip. As luck would have it 2 out of 3 trips today tipped. Used the function twice, no idea what the pax actually sees; you are not able to add comments.
As a side note this was a pool pax rated at 4.82! High grade poo? :biggrin:

#7 ·
View attachment 374036

Well, this is new. Via app you can now send 'thanks' to a pax for a tip. As luck would have it 2 out of 3 trips today tipped. Used the function twice, no idea what the pax actually sees; you are not able to add comments.
As a side note this was a pool pax rated at 4.82! High grade poo? :biggrin:
holy shite. You schluber....RIGHT NEXT TO ME! OY!

#17 ·
.....I'd like to add my pax NEVER talk about tip or tipping and I sure don't bring it up. BUT I will use this feature, did so already twice today. Just wish Uber would actually TELL us when there are new app features. How hard is that??????

#20 ·
Too bad because one guy gave me a really nice in-app tip today.
yeah, when I started and then received tips I wanted to thank them. As a pax I always tip, but as a driver I think tips are awkward. not like i was back in food service where tips are standard. Point A to Point B in a decent and clean car. What exactly do we do that deserves tips?
I do accept them and now I'll send the thanks each time, tho curious what the pax actually sees. PLus I'd like to add my own text to the send.

#29 ·
Probably the "thanks" is never forwarded.
oh, a placebo to make drivers happy? There isn't much feedback when you click on the button. I figure I'd be able to add my own txt, nope. SENT was the only indication anything happened.

Otherwise don't agree with anything you said. :biggrin:

#54 ·
Something my grandfather said stuck with me forever:
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give"
That's a great saying!!!

"You get what you give" my parents and grand parents always instilled on me. I was working as a 10 year old though. Being curious little boy just wanting to "help out" or give an extra hand. How times have changed huh!?

Now days I would be sued or accused of being a abusive father from some random neighbor. (I don't have kids)

#56 ·
I've always been able to thank my riders!

I thank them for kicking the back of my seat, for knocking around my floor mats, for leaving behind crumbs, for their disturbingly loud ruckus, for their loud aromatic presence, for their attitudes, for their showing up late... and of course, for making me write this! :D

#58 ·

This is sooo nice....
Remember 'New Coke'?

Back in the mid '80's Coke reformulated and rebranded their 'product' as New Coke, ostensibly to counter the preferred sweeter taste of Pepsi.

I believe the latest change with drivers being able to thank riders is just the start of 'New Über' and has quite a ways to go yet.

Next, I expect drivers will be encouraged to award badges to riders. 'Polite Badge', 'Punctual Badge', 'Friendly Badge' and so forth, and these will be followed by the next amazing rider benefits program of 'New Über Rider Pro Points'.

Stay tuned....

#61 · (Edited)
and these will be followed by the next amazing rider benefits program of 'New Über Rider Pro Points'.
Actually Uber already has a rider loyalty promo system that uses the same levels as Uber Pro. I know nothing about it except that a couple of riders talked about being Platinum and getting small benefits.

Some of what you get at Diamond:

Font Screenshot Circle Parallel Number

#63 ·
Actually Uber already has a rider loyalty promo system that uses the same levels as Uber Pro. I know nothing about it except that a couple of riders talked about being Platinum and getting small benefits.

Some of what you get at Diamond:

View attachment 374306
OMG!! I can actually foretell the future! :)

#62 ·
This is good news! It's not here (Houston) yet, but we're not on the front lines for stuff like this.

Unlike some people here, I have no reluctance or negative feelings about accepting tips. My lovely car doesn't qualify for anything better than X, so I'll take all the help I can get.

I was always taught to say "Thank you" to people, so I'm looking forward to doing that in the future. My guess is that it'll be here in about 4 to 6 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.