• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Finally Some Press On This Issue

Risab1981

https://komonews.com/news/local/kids-get-rides-from-uber-and-lyft-despite-company-rules-prohibiting-it-drivers-say

Had one just a couple of weeks ago. XL Request and up come 6 what had to be 11-13 yearolds. I locked the doors and rolled down my window and asked who here's 18. They said nobody. I told them you had to have someone who is 18 to ride in an Uber. They all began the horrible acting of being surprised and they've never heard of that before. Well now you have.

My only issue was I cancelled (after waiting on their asses to come out for 5 minutes) the trip as "Unaccompanied Minor" and got ZIP. The Req. didn't even show up as "Driver Cancelled" it's like it never happened.

Peter Vann

This has happened to me a few times. Are used to just cancel myself but I think it’s better to request that they cancel so that we get the cancellation fee and if they refuse then just wait for someone who’s 18 to show up and if they don’t cancel once it gives you the cancellation fee. In lieu of uber handling this the properly I see no other way.

DexNex

There are some parents that were using the approved Uber service for teens, that are still sending their kids around on Select. I take them.

And often times I am asked to continue the ride to take the babysitter home... again, no problem.

Brunch

I wonder why the system didn't give you the $?? You're sure it was past the 5 minute mark? Others have said the no car seat cancellation option will pay the fee only after waiting 5 minutes, so I figured it would be the same for an unaccompanied minor.

Uber would probably give you the cancellation fee if called them, but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort.

Risab1981

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There are some parents that were using the approved Uber service for teens, that are still sending their kids around on Select. I take them.

And often times I am asked to continue the ride to take the babysitter home... again, no problem.
I'm pretty sure I've taken "kids" before as well. I'm talking about a 16 or 17 year old going to Community College or High School...they may be younger looking, but they could very well be 18 to 20( I was 19 when I graduated). In these cases, I think it's ok and I really don't question them if they are 1 or 2...

It's the larger groups of really young kids I have a problem with and refuse to take.

Peter Vann

I encounter youngish looking people sometimes - if they say they’re 18 and look it, I don’t ask for ID. it’s the obviously young ones that I cancel on. And for sure large groups of kids. Ain’t worth it

Lissetti

Hufflepuff Honey Badger
Author
As a female driver I'm not overly concerned. If I was a male driver I would be more hesitant, especially if the minor is female. One thing that is certain regardless of gender is no unaccompanied minor is sitting up front with me. Had a young looking 16ish looking male try it with me. Nope.....get in back. My name is not Mary K Letourneau!