Finally showing $ for my Unemployment

JaredJ

Perfection, looks like we filed the same day
We're now part of the broke, but not as broke as other people club! Hollah.
Mine shows an amount now but it says regular unemployment? I’m not sure how I got regular unemployment being an Uber driver. Does anyone know about this. I did have a regular job before starting Uber last sept. Also do I get the $600 on top of the regular benefits. I’ve still been doing delivery and my file date is Tuesday. I know I have to claim that income which is double what my benefit is but reporting that I’m wondering too. It says self employed to report earning minus expenses can I write my miles off or What can I deduct from my earnings?
So they gave you UI based on your 2019 W-2 earnings from your previous employer. You should report any income properly during your payment request certification. The federal government doesn't forget. The $600 from the FPUC should be added to every UI claim. You'll see it in your payments but not in your overall weekly+benefits listing, atleast as of yet.

Laf118

Ok My unemployment is showing a dollar amount now but it shows regular unemployment when I filed as self employed Uber driver. I did have a full time job before starting Uber last sept. My filing day is Tuesday and I’ve been doing deliveries which is double the amount of my unemployment benefit. I know I have to report earnings but it says self employed report earnings minus expenses. What expenses can I report? Also do I get the $600 on top of the regular unemployment? I’m not sure what to do.

Attachments

Joey486

I got a message on twc $2,364.00 will be deposited. the schedule filing it show wendesday. is that when it will be in my account? this 2,364 payment is only for 1 month or how long do I get the payment.

Thank you for the help.

Uberbrent

I think Wednesday is the day that you request payment. It usually takes two days to get to your account.

mbd

Ok My unemployment is showing a dollar amount now but it shows regular unemployment when I filed as self employed Uber driver. I did have a full time job before starting Uber last sept. My filing day is Tuesday and I’ve been doing deliveries which is double the amount of my unemployment benefit. I know I have to report earnings but it says self employed report earnings minus expenses. What expenses can I report? Also do I get the $600 on top of the regular unemployment? I’m not sure what to do.
If you work part time, you can earn up to 25 percent of your weekly benefit amount (WBA) before TWC reduces your benefit payment. For example, if your WBA is $160, you may earn $40 without a reduction. If you earn $50, we reduce your WBA for the week to $150. In both cases your benefits plus your earnings equal $200.
————————————————————
if 600 is included, then 600+207=807*25=201.75$( since Fed is paying the states both UI and the 600$ unemployment checks)
If 600 not included , then 207*.25=51.75
Expenses - If you earn $460 a week *.575 mileage ( 460 miles, estimated miles expense=264$
460-264=196$
So you could do 465$ worth of runs without impacting your UI
If 600 is not included, then you can do about 100$ ( .57c a mile * 100 miles)of runs without impacting your UI.
Some state’s are giving 600$ extra when you apply for UI, but TX is not part of those states .

This is a just a wild arse guess 😄
Since this is a God’s event, they might just let people work as you please:thumbup:Gig Workers. Who knows.

TWC has no way of finding out if you are doing Uber( yet)... Uber does not pay into the UI to the state or to the govt for the Gig workers. They send a 1099 next January.
When you are doing taxes , they don’t check if you earned 500$ in April or December, it is the total gross of the year minus the expenses.

Last edited:

RobLinn

just checked my bank Acct & got my backdated Unemployment money

Got the extra $600 PUA with the $207 regular

I can live with $807 per week till the PUA runs out in 7/31

3 month VACATION!!!!

😁

Just checked my Claim & payment status online & it’s showing my claims for the weeks have been processed (4/24) so I should have my Direct Deposit on Tuesday

I originally applied on 4/6
Called in & spoke with a rep & fixed my claim on 4/15
Was showing approved on 4/16
Made my bi weekly claims on 4/16

shows what I expected($207 + $600 = $807 per week)

should hit my bank on Tuesday) 2 Business days after processing date)

Also got my Chump check today from the IRS (mailed to me)

so I’m gonna enjoy my 3 month vacation

R

RobLinn

big deal

So I’ll throw my application in for Jobs I’d have absolutely no chance of getting

it’s not that hard to milk Unemployment with “Job searches”

R

I think the issue everyone will run into with thinking this will be a three month vacation Is that eventually TWC will restart the requirement to be actively looking for a job

Jcedwards3232

So you're committing fraud if you are collecting unemployment and still delivering?

Joey486

I filed my tax return in march I just got the UI deposited the other day, in my case it will processed on the 4/27 and it was deposited into my account the next day. the same question JCE is asking, If I do food delivery with uber eat, am I breaking any kind of law? even with the UI I am still behind in bills and I am trying to make ends meet.

DonRon

So you're committing fraud if you are collecting unemployment and still delivering?
Not just regular fraud. Since this is federally funded it's a federal offense.
Post automatically merged:

I filed my tax return in march I just got the UI deposited the other day, in my case it will processed on the 4/27 and it was deposited into my account the next day. the same question JCE is asking, If I do food delivery with uber eat, am I breaking any kind of law? even with the UI I am still behind in bills and I am trying to make ends meet.
You're not doing anything wrong if you report your earnings and hours worked. I think your earnings are after you deduct mileage but I'm not sure.

dfw_driver

Finally received deposit from TWC. A little over 1K per week which is not bad at all. But my leisurely days will be over soon as I am getting ready to start a job next week.

Laf118

I’m not committing fraud. Twc asks each week if you worked during the claim week your allowed to work and earn 25% more before they subtract dollar per dollar from your earnings. I’m not earning what I normally earn.

I’m not committing fraud. Twc asks each week if you worked during the claim week your allowed to work and earn 25% more before they subtract dollar per dollar from your earnings. I’m not earning what I normally earn.
My only income now is only from delivery because Uber temporarily suspended me because my license expired on the 19th and the DMV is closed down. I cannot renew online so I have lost access to Uber temporarily.

Not just regular fraud. Since this is federally funded it's a federal offense.

You're not doing anything wrong if you report your earnings and hours worked. I think your earnings are after you deduct mileage but I'm not sure.
They give examples on how to report earnings but it’s examples of a hair dresser and deducting supplies well no examples of rideshare or delivery I filed today and I subtracted my miles. That is a tremendous expense in what we are doing and I would like to speak to someone there but that’s impossible. It’s only fraud when you intentionally do it and I’m not intentionally doing anything It also says I won’t receive my first payment until May 14 so I haven’t been paid nothing. I have mileage record reports that can be sent to them if they want proof but I think that should be considered and expense it is with the IRS.

Last edited:

RobLinn

This is an interesting question,
In the “Reporting Income” section of the TWC DUA it explains how “Self Employed” are to report income

“Profits or earnings after subtracting expenses”

Would the Mileage deduction we use for IRS purposes be considered an “Expense”?

And If Yes then we would likely still be able to claim the $207 per week DUA for the full 39 weeks even returning to full time driving 🤔

In theory I could drive full time & make my usual & show no profit & collect the $207 as extra per week until my benefits are exhausted

I think it’s likely as they use our “Profits” on our 1040’s to determine our benefit amount (which per Disaster Unemployment for Self employed is 50% of the average weekly benefit amount)

Need to think on this one

They give examples on how to report earnings but it’s examples of a hair dresser and deducting supplies well no examples of rideshare or delivery I filed today and I subtracted my miles. That is a tremendous expense in what we are doing and I would like to speak to someone there but that’s impossible. It’s only fraud when you intentionally do it and I’m not intentionally doing anything It also says I won’t receive my first payment until May 14 so I haven’t been paid nothing. I have mileage record reports that can be sent to them if they want proof but I think that should be considered and expense it is with the IRS.
6E051038-91B9-47C5-B010-1AC687F25529.jpeg