Finally real airport surge

Optimus Uber

The difference is it only last a few minutes were platinum last for hours with no wait time outside of LAX. Just saying.
Thanks for the info.

There's certain times to be at lax when its busy. I agree if it's a quick surge, but this is the first time Uber has let it goto 1.9x. Hopefully its a sign of things to cme. There are 4 times during the week that there aren't enough cars to go around. It's easy pickings even for a select to get a ride.

Either Uber is becoming more popular at lax which is causing the surge or Uber is going to start letting it surge like it's suppose too. Any working incentives, keep in mind the end of the year, the week before thanksgiving all the way up to the day before Christmas Eve, you'll want to be platinum as LAX is crazy busy. There aren't even enough taxi cabs to go around. So hopefully we'll have some good holiday cheer and some 3x-4x surge rides coming out of there. If Uber has decided to apply the current surge formula to LAX that is used though out the rest of the city.

I'm a taker at 2.2x, I know I'll lose my 4.95 rating, but I really don't care.

Jbeck

Thanks for the info.

There's certain times to be at lax when its busy. I agree if it's a quick surge, but this is the first time Uber has let it goto 1.9x. Hopefully its a sign of things to cme. There are 4 times during the week that there aren't enough cars to go around. It's easy pickings even for a select to get a ride.

Either Uber is becoming more popular at lax which is causing the surge or Uber is going to start letting it surge like it's suppose too. Any working incentives, keep in mind the end of the year, the week before thanksgiving all the way up to the day before Christmas Eve, you'll want to be platinum as LAX is crazy busy. There aren't even enough taxi cabs to go around. So hopefully we'll have some good holiday cheer and some 3x-4x surge rides coming out of there. If Uber has decided to apply the current surge formula to LAX that is used though out the rest of the city.

I'm a taker at 2.2x, I know I'll lose my 4.95 rating, but I really don't care.
I hope it does surge. I know as soon as boost is over. I shut it off at lax

Optimus Uber

Idk if surge is worth it. If it takes like 10-15 minutes to reach a pax, won't they just cancel a surge ride and wait for it stop especially if they're going far...
Probably will happen, but that gives the same affect as ACRO as they put themselves back in the que and still has an affect on demand. I think the one variable to consider at lax that is different than the city is the people are tired from traveling. They just got off a plane that they may have been on 1-5 hours or more and just want to get home. I think the fatigue factor will play a role to encouraging them to take a surge ride. I'm not sure many of them want to wait around another 15 minutes waiting out the surge when the difference in price may only be $20.

I think we all can relate to being tired from a long trip and just want to get home and get our heads on our own pillow.

Could play a factor into them just taking the surge. Also there are limited cars. The que only accepts 40. If the que is full many cars aren't sticking around.

I still have high hopes for lax and UberX at 2x at lax is still cheaper than a taxi.

Odiezilla

It's 1:33am and it's still 1.5x at the airport. I don't think it's a glitch, more like Uber trying stuff out to see how much Surge the airport pax will accept before they start complaining publicly.

saucy05

LAX was super busy last night for some reason. I would have wasted at least 40 min getting a ping and getting out of that traffic 1.9x was not worth it.

Why doesn't uber have some incentive specifically for the airport? I kinda understand why they wouldn't let the surge run amok because it would go through the roof. Cap the surge to like 1.5 and have an additional surge boost of like .4

That way they will have enough drivers to cover the demand, have satisfied customers, kill the main income for taxi drivers and maybe make a couple of pennies while they are at it.

second2noone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This was going to happen sooner or later. Even ants or some of them won't pickup lax for penny rates. No surge then pax stranded. High enough surge then maybe there will be rides.

The old cap of 1.3x is a joke. Lax is at at all time worst with holiday weekend and summer. Probably faster walking home.

DudeCity

anyways pax have a choice if the Fuber rates R

too high for them just take a stinky CAB......:p

nothing to complain its true Capitalism.