• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Finally! Rating's back up to 4.93

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What conversion rate does your landlord use when you try to pay your rent with *"s? My landlord and grocery stores do not accept *'s as payment. I use $$$ as my "rating" system. The more $$$, the better I did.
I don't have a landlord because I own my house. And the mortgage is paid off. Cash me ousside. How bout dah?

peteyvavs

Why are so many here concerned about the ratings, if a pax wants to give you a poor rating so be it. If you let Uber use their rating system to intimidate you the only thing you're accomplishing is making yourself into a willing slave.
If Uber wants to de-activate you for a petty complaint let them, your self respect is worth more then kissing Uber's ass.
When Uber tries to intimidate me with a pax complaint I defend myself then I tell Uber I'll just work for a competitor if they wish to de-activate me and generate income for them. They usually don't respond after that and I'm still driving.

Cableguynoe

Why are so many here concerned about the ratings, if a pax wants to give you a poor rating so be it. If you let Uber use their rating system to intimidate you the only thing you're accomplishing is making yourself into a willing slave.
If Uber wants to de-activate you for a petty complaint let them, your self respect is worth more then kissing Uber's ass.
When Uber tries to intimidate me with a pax complaint I defend myself then I tell Uber I'll just work for a competitor if they wish to de-activate me and generate income for them. They usually don't respond after that and I'm still driving.

It’s not concern or intimidation.
Once you've given enough rides you realize that random bad ratings for no reason still come.
You have to learn to not let it bother you.

But you also learn that the majority of your ratings will be good ratings, if you're good driver.
So I expect to have a good rating.
Simple as that. If I'm going to be rated why wouldn't I want a good rating.

I honestly don't care if a pax doesn't rate me.
But if they do take the time to rate me, I expect 5 stars.

Steelersnut

I have gotten a disproportionate number of 1*'s from a particular demographic. It would be borderline wrong for me to mention the demographic, so I'll just say that they tend to be on the lower end of the socioeconomic spectrum and may tend hold a belief that the world owes them something for what happened in the past.

I've tried to phrase the above so that it could apply to any ethnicity or gender in the same circumstance. Interpret as you wish.
I drive suv that qualifies for premium. I know I get low ratings from degenerates. So I've started screening and lo and behold went from 4.86 to 4.92 and climbing.

upyouruber

...and as soon as my lifetime rated trips hits about 730, all those bad ratings from the high-surge Chainsmokers concert back in April should start dropping off my average, pushing me even higher.

Who says you need a new car? Getting solid 5* weeks with a 2006.

View attachment 185873
Seriously Madtown, 'till you are a steady 4.94, I don't know you!

I was stuck at 4.88 and 4.89 for a long time because of some whack bad ratings I got a while back. Still havent hit 500 rated trips.
But I did make it up to 4.9 recently.

This is almost as good as money!!!!

View attachment 207581
Really 'Noe? Please explain, if you can, the 1% - 1 star ratings:eek:

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seriously Madtown, 'till you are a steady 4.94, I don't know you!

Really 'Noe? Please explain, if you can, the 1% - 1 star ratings:eek:
Read my updates, homes. I'm at 4.96. The irony is crazy: When it moved from 4.95 to 4.96, my non 5* count also increased by 2. That means both of those non 5* ratings must have been 4*'s, and one or both booted worse ratings off the back end (or front end, depending on how you look at it) of my 500 most recent rated trips.

1.5xorbust

Read my updates, homes. I'm at 4.96. The irony is crazy: When it moved from 4.95 to 4.96, my non 5* count also increased by 2. That means both of those non 5* ratings must have been 4*'s, and one or both booted worse ratings off the back end (or front end, depending on how you look at it) of my 500 most recent rated trips.
I hope you don’t contract the paralysis of analysis.

Steelersnut

I'm an engineer. I'm technical, I analyze things, and I design things.
MadTown, I get where you're coming from. I was a truss design engineer for years. My rating IS important to me. I consistently check earnings, ratings after drop which I'm sure you do too. Don't bother responding to the idiots. They're short-timers with low level intelligence who shouldn't be driving anyone anywhere let alone themselves. Uber On!