1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Finally hit the Jackpot.... Big tip :)

Discussion in 'Dallas' started by Bad uber pro, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Bad uber pro

Bad uber pro

Finally I hit the Jackpot,
    I accepted a ping from love field for a rider with a 5.0 rating, got to the transportation network area and called, they informed me that they were at baggage claim, I replied by we can't pick up from there and that I need them to come down downstairs and I will direct them to where I am at. I had to circle around since it was so hectic and too many cars. Long story shot I got this couple on their early 60's in the car and drove them home. The end of the trip I got out to get the bags out and wished them a good night and that's when the gentleman said " here you go " with his hand extended. I reached out and grabbed what looked like a solid item. I looked down and it was a peace of cheap candy. So the old man tells me " you really did a good job and that's how I tip people that do a good job" . My quick response and without thinking was " sooooo, if you go to a restaurant and the waitress served you, do you tip candy" he said "absolutely " my brain froze and couldn't carry a conversation anymore. I said have a good night and left. I felt bad afterward and felt it was my responsibility to educate this man and inform him that could be taken as an insult to some people . What should I have said to let him know that it wasn't ok without hurting his feelings?

Dontmakemepullauonyou likes this.
  2. Uberdummy

Uberdummy

Complete bs. Nobody tips with candy. He's a cheap pos that didn't want to tip. Being old had nothing to do with it. I would have handed it back and told him i wasn't a child you reward with candy got in my car and left not to mention the 1 star i would have given the ahole.

Cary Grant, twinwillow and Santa like this.
  3. Cquebe3

Cquebe3

What's the big deal, it's candy. I'd be like sweet free candy

ctb likes this.
  4. Bad uber pro

Bad uber pro

Nice troll sir lol, I am too old to eat candy... Not to mention it was the cheap kind, that one that comes in multi color with a clear plastic wrapping .

5. I'd just give to one of my little kids and they'd probably be happier than I would even getting a cash tip. But candy from strangers... Hmm

6. uberparadise

uberparadise

Driving:
    UberX
    We are here to serve the public as a non profit! Ambassadors of the city and concierge all wrapped up in a nice pretty package. The riders figure Uber takes care of our tips and they love the service! It's amazing is what they all say and the technology is so impressive. The truly love Uber!

financeguy13 likes this.
  7. hduncan77

hduncan77

I guess I shouldn't gripe about the 5 hour energy someone gave to me a few weeks ago...

ctb and Bad uber pro like this.
  8. Bad uber pro

Bad uber pro

LMAO ... Rub it in lucky ass

9. Should've crushed it in his driveway and maybe took a dump on it while you're at it. He basically treated you like crap so leave him one!

Uberdummy and Bad uber pro like this.
  10. Bad uber pro

Bad uber pro

The problem with all this the man wasn't sarcastic or being a smart ass, he was so nice and apologetic for not knowing where the pick up location was and thanked me twice for being patient and picking them up. I am sure u wouldn't have done that yourself lol

11. That's makes it hard since he was 100% sincere. I just don't know how he ever got the idea that candy was a form of tipping. Not to belittle him, but even one dollar in this situation would be good. It think though that you will always have the best tipping "payment" award, lol.

Bad uber pro likes this.
  12. Uberdummy

Uberdummy

Sincere my ass he was a phony con. Can you imagine trying to tip a cabbie with candy? Probably get your ass kicked. It never ceases to amaze me to watch scumbag pax tip doormen,cabbies,limo drivers,bellhops, and skycaps at the airport right in front of me after i unload the bags and think nothing of stiffing the driver who drove them for 1/3 of what a filthy cabbie charges.

Doowop, Uberisthenewpoor and Teksaz like this.
  13. Bad uber pro

Bad uber pro

Isn't a big part of it due to "No tip is required" uber slogan. If u train people to be cheap then they act that way. A few days ago I picked up a passanger who's taking a first time trip and she asked her friend if she had any cash and she said "why? They don't take tips" in a very low voice so I can't hear her. Well, didn't wanna respond since she wasn't speaking to me but made it angry to know that people turned this way. Thanks to our beautiful Uber model :)

14. Teksaz

Teksaz

Yup, I guess handshakes are now the new tip. Almost every dude I take to the airport extends his hand after I unload his Effing luggage. Biatches don't even offer up the hand. They just give me the finger. Lol

15. I had a new user today ask how to tip and I told her cash only with uber, she felt bad "supposedly" as she didn't realize and had no cash. Funny how people conveniently don't do any research in this age of technology.

16. Frank_Howard

Frank_Howard

I had a rider downtown who at the end of the trip reached into his pocket and gave me a card with bible verses and invited me to his church. Most all of the verses were of the "going to hell" variety. I might go just so that I can pull my tip out of the collection plate when it passes by.

17. twinwillow

twinwillow

Driving:
    UberX
    It's a piece of candy more than I got today.

therides and Bad uber pro like this.
  18. Bad uber pro

Bad uber pro

You're more than welcome to have it. I will give it to u if that will make your day better lol

19. z289sec

z289sec

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Should have handed it back to him, and told him to stick it up his ass.

Bad uber pro likes this.
  20. I would've picked up one of their luggage and thrown it thru their front window and said "that's just how I thank people".

Ucf, z289sec and Bad uber pro like this.