Finally an answer about pool surges

hulksmash

I called them out on this issue under suggestions to partner App, received no response. Received no reply. I think that they fixed it due to enough drivers calling them out on it, plus enough pool & XL refusals. I want to believe it was a glitch, but the fact that they did not acknowledge the mistake or apologized for it leads me to believe they were seeing what they could get away with

Note: when this happened yesterday, surge on all platforms in the IE were in sync, but the icon and multiplier was not visible until you clicked to order a ride

Last edited:

mandreyka

I think it was a glitch, ended up at LAX today and was looking at the app and saw XL surge was back !

Got on queue (non pig pen) and got a 1.9 on XL right back to Anahiem

That was after an IHOP ping that I made cancel. I take outside calls and see where to, sometimes they are good but this was 3 blocks lol.

Told her "I'm only allowed to do airport requests , better cancel fast before you get charged , then I hung up.

Back in queue and PING!

FUberX

Honestly idk what will happen once the incentives are gone...

I can't picture most drivers going back to driving at base rate....

mandreyka

Honestly idk what will happen once the incentives are gone...

I can't picture most drivers going back to driving at base rate....
No they won't , either they will be forced to raise rates or deal with angry surge customers.

Cost my pax today $160 to get to anahiem from LAX. Pretty sure they had no clue because the tipped cash and were very happy.

We will see wednsday when they call me for a ride back