Finally! A tip!!!

mbd

Saturday, 27 rides, only one pax tipped.

Today, 11 rides and I FINALLY got a tip. Argh!!!
I drove on Wed, and 3 pax gave 10$ tips 😁
One was a 9$ ride for a 10$ tip. All 3, Milfs.
Tue went 0-8, but no MILF pax’s. It was all cheap techie type pax’s.

ANT 7

It's January and everyone is even broker than before. I'm in the same boat as you. Averaging like 1 tip every 10 trips at this point.

Chungyi

Lots of passengers told me their companies paid for the trips. Are they reimbursed for tips? So many of these guys talking on the phone about big money but still no tips grrr

Mtbsrfun

Lots of passengers told me their companies paid for the trips. Are they reimbursed for tips? So many of these guys talking on the phone about big money but still no tips grrr
Yes everything on the expense report. Some people might have a daily expense limit but tip is definitely paid for along with the ride.

Mista T

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes everything on the expense report. Some people might have a daily expense limit but tip is definitely paid for along with the ride.
Depends on the company.

Out here there are two major corporate accounts that I know of, and avoid, because of the no tip guarantee (unless a worker gives me cash).

Also, the title of corporate rides also includes car dealerships and doctors offices ordering rides for others, which another no tip guarantee.

Mtbsrfun

Depends on the company.

Out here there are two major corporate accounts that I know of, and avoid, because of the no tip guarantee (unless a worker gives me cash).

Also, the title of corporate rides also includes car dealerships and doctors offices ordering rides for others, which another no tip guarantee.
Every company I’ve ever worked for while traveling had a daily budget for transportation and a budget for food/hotel. I’m not taking about a corporate account like that, I’m talking about out of state travelers.

Last edited:

Mista T

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Every company I’ve ever worked for while traveling had a daily budget for transportation and a budget for food/hotel. I’m not taking about a corporate account like that, I’m talked about out of state travelers.
Agreed.

When someone says that the boss is paying for it on an expense account, that's a good sign.

But when I pick up someone on their daily commute to or from Adidas, I know there is zero tip coming because Adidas won't allow it on their corporate card. Yes, I have watched people try to tip me on these accounts.