Final Deactivation - Impaired Driving complaint numero 3

UberFalsified

Sounds bad, right. Discovered I was deactivated this am real time. Responded to the allegations and assumed same outcome as the first two deactivation, but nope...they say this is final and irreversible.

Next step: Identifying the cause. Go to the fare details for each trip till triple zero free rider glistens.
Assessment: Was I drunk or was the passenger working hard for that discount?
Discovery: Neither...I wasn't drunk and the passenger wasn't working lies to game the system.

So what is left, a quagmire of sorts? No, but there is a whole lot of fabricated lying bullshit on Uber's end that might shed some light on victims of the impairment cause gap.

Here's what a customer might say in their complaint.
-"error while driving. Messed up drop off"
-"witnessed him holding phone in hand"
-"looked tired"

But, you don't know this, all you know is you got a complainer saying you are or were drunk.
So, how is it possible the 3 complaints above equate to a 'You're deactivated for impairment, got an excuse, email us and we'll get back to ya."

What I now know after the fact is Uber never got one complaint about my impairment. They got complaints and it was the interpretation of the additional details provided by the customer that allowed for a wonderful and accurate, straight from India, au courrant impression from the customer. Otherwords, the uber rep didn't know jack squat, felt the complaint was escalation quality requiring action, and then adheres to Uber's terms and conditions by deactivating your ass on a complete fabrication from what the passenger really said.

So how could, with Uber, this happen 2 times and then gone????
It's simple...customer rates driver as a 4 because they think a 4 is a "B" or ok rating.
Uber flags rating, sicks Mr. Patel from India on your worthless Uber proletariat ass to find a pattern of this behavior so they can welcome you with their discoveries of patterns and violations.

Oh, but Mr. Patel aint going back into the detail and notes provided by the customer...he's about to determine your fate on the summaries generated by the prior geniuses that decided impairment as a sufficient cause for action.

Anyone that wants to challenge my comments above, just be open to sharing your successful experience subpoenaing Uber for any and all specific detail related to "X" & "Y" complaints during "Z" period. And, no one has, which is why this thread should help a lot of people understand exactly the bs that's been going on.

pizza guy

Keep in mind they also have access to the your speed all your accelerations, and all your braking. Not sure if you could ask them for that data.

UberFalsified

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Precisely, which adds to the confusion if you're actually out there doing your best and you know you're driving was timely, precise, and safe. And, as far as all the suggestions to get your dash cams as proof and evidence to submit...guess what...I've got that, offered that, ignored at that. But, my favorite of all is with this latest activity...knew the passenger. But the ride was initiated by passengers daughter, and low and behold, we find that daughter has always rated with a 4 because it's her baseline and 5 is reserved for the uber perfect ride. This is how sick it can get. Uber was my backup. Didn't know I needed a backup for my backup because I might get terminated by a freaking bot or on the end result of a circular incorrect rating classification.

mkxr

I've had several pax tell me about them rating 4 stars as a baseline, so this kind of thing goes around.
In your place, I would fight it, you may not be an employee officially, but this still should be considered wrongful termination, as they clearly stated 'impairment' for the reason to be deactivated.
Word of this kind of thing needs to spread, and needs to be a cautionary tale to anyone considering doing this full time, and worse, getting a nice car and payments along with it, just for doing this.

UberFalsified

Yep, im still sizzling from it all. But, youre right bout them using that specifi verbiage. So frustrating to be lied to from every angle about everything.

NoPooPool

I've had several pax tell me about them rating 4 stars as a baseline, so this kind of thing goes around.
In your place, I would fight it, you may not be an employee officially, but this still should be considered wrongful termination, as they clearly stated 'impairment' for the reason to be deactivated.
Word of this kind of thing needs to spread, and needs to be a cautionary tale to anyone considering doing this full time, and worse, getting a nice car and payments along with it, just for doing this.
Then there are pax like the one I have had the pleasure to drive his inebriated ass two or three times from a bar in my hometown to his home in my hometown. He gets out of the car and says you get 5 stars. I only rate 1 star or 5 stars, but you definitely get 5 stars.

Gee thanks! I feel privileged.

I might add, of course I should get 5 stars. After all I put up with your drunk belligerent ass for the 12 minutes you were in my car.

leroy jenkins

Keep in mind they also have access to the your speed all your accelerations, and all your braking. Not sure if you could ask them for that data.
you probably could demand that in arbitration. dunno. just a guess.

i haven't read the TOS in a long time.

Pythonphile

Next step: Identifying the cause. Go to the fare details for each trip till triple zero free rider glistens.
That really doesn't work anymore. Uber realized that we were finding out who was complaining about us this way. Those were the good ol' days, we still got paid, and Uber waived all their fees.

Nowadays, they apologize with credit towards a FUTURE ride. I've had many days with no complaints where I saw the pax getting an odd amount of "rider credit" deducted from their fair. (In Uber fees, of course).

This is why I don't like going out on weekend mornings. Those folks going back to bars to pick-up their cars, they complain a lot! (Took one girl from Libertyville all the way to the BRAT STOP).

UberFalsified

That really doesn't work anymore. Uber realized that we were finding out who was complaining about us this way. Those were the good ol' days, we still got paid, and Uber waived all their fees.

Nowadays, they apologize with credit towards a FUTURE ride. I've had many days with no complaints where I saw the pax getting an odd amount of "rider credit" deducted from their fair. (In Uber fees, of course).

This is why I don't like going out on weekend mornings. Those folks going back to bars to pick-up their cars, they complain a lot! (Took one girl from Libertyville all the way to the BRAT STOP).
Yes, like you, I closely scrutinized all the trip costs. But, in this last instance I confirmed with the customer the 4 star rating and the did confirm they were not charged for the ride hence the triple zero rider payment. And, when you get that deactivation message directly after you complete that next trip, it's pretty cut and dry about the source. However, it really makes no sense. I can add this detail...in the prior week, I watched my ratings drop from a 4.92 to a 4.88 due to an abnormal increase in 4 star rates (4 in total) and I got one 2 banger...which I guess they didn't care for my voluble nature. I average 35 rides a week for about $1500 in tips and trips. 17% of total revenue derived from tips exclusively. Last week, however, maybe I was sending out negative vibes cuz the tip average fell to 10% along with those 4 shit rates and the two banger. It's driving me crazy. Why would Uber credit a customer for a 4 star rate that wasn't even a complaint. Then lie to me there was a complaint and adding insult to injury falling back on the Impairment protection clause to cover their ass? Why would Uber want to screw with motivated drivers with high tip averages over a non-event. My original supposition posted at the top of thread seems like it's closer to getting to the real truth than anything else!!

UberFalsified

Seems the Green Lite hub lately is a useless and chest on a bull. They don't do squat lately.
Yep, I was there yesterday lost an hour waiting and another 45 minutes worth of oxygen. The rep was cool though...she flat out acknowledged she nor any of them can do anything to counter what happens across the world. We live in a world now where some guy with broken English that just found out his wife is pregnant by his best friend can go apesheet crazy and exact scorn and revenge on some poor lowly Uber driver in America.

Tom Harding

A friend was deactivated over the weekend because of too many complaints, but he has a 4.71 star rating. He told me when he went to the Uber Green Lite office on North ave.,, it was jam-packed with drivers with similar problems. Why is Uber deactivating so many drivers at once? And apparently there is no way to get reinstated now. What gives?

Yep, I was there yesterday lost an hour waiting and another 45 minutes worth of oxygen. The rep was cool though...she flat out acknowledged she nor any of them can do anything to counter what happens across the world. We live in a world now where some guy with broken English that just found out his wife is pregnant by his best friend can go apesheet crazy and exact scorn and revenge on some poor lowly Uber driver in America.
from what I understand that in New York a driver cannot be deactivated without cause or a hearing. Is that correct? We need this here NOW!!!! Join us ar the "Meet and Greet" meeting at Dennys near I55 and IL--53 in Bolingbrook on October 1st at 8PM

Last edited by a moderator:

UberFalsified

How am I to know anything about anything in NYC when I can't even figure out what the hell is going on in my own city.

Tom Harding

How am I to know anything about anything in NYC when I can't even figure out what the hell is going on in my own city.
As a Chicago Driver's Guild or something lile that, we could attain the same rights as those New York drivers. Whether a chapter of the IDG or a independent association, drivers need to be represented and heard. The status quo with Uber calling all the shots has to go and go real soon or there will be a time when Uber will deactivate any driver that has over 10,000 trips and 4 years driving (or something like that). I see now that Uber is weeding out drivers that have had bad reports (proven or not, mostly not) to make room for new, underpaid drivers.