Uber Drivers Forum banner

Filtering for XL and Plus

984 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Dallas007 
#1 ·
I've been getting more selective / disciplined to pass on basic rides and wait for XL / Plus rides; of course that results in more Uber timeouts and messages from Lyft e.g.
"Passengers rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and it's important you're there for them. We noticed you've been missing more ride requests than the typical driver. That can create delays for passengers, and leave people with a bad impression of our community.

Our engineers are working hard on improvements to the app to make sure you're getting matched with the most convenient rides for you. It's no problem if you need a break -- remember, you can always log out of driver mode if you're done giving rides. "​

Of course their engineers could simply set up plus only options :)

Aside from the timeouts, these types notices and limitations to bonus programs... are there any potential repercussions? Thoughts?

#2 ·
I couldn't agree with you more. Riders are looking to get a ride and that includes XL. Last night is a perfect example. After driving for several hours, I came back to Fort Worth for a couple more trips at 1 AM. I was the only XL on the map for that time. At 1:55 I get an XL ping at the Stockyards. Their party of 7 needed to get back to their hotel. If I had excepted an X ride, then that party would have been stranded for an extended period of time. They could have ordered to X cars, but that's an inconvenience and also an additional wait.

Why offer XL to customers if their availability is limited at certain times of the day? I see X as only filling in the gaps when XL rides are not available. I've had several trips where the passenger told me they had a hard time getting an XL. This can also be true early in the morning around 4 AM or so when they need XL to go to the airport. I would rather wait for the XL then take an X at those times.

Sure my acceptance rate suffers from being selective, but I see it as a smart business decision on my part and better for Uber customers who need XL. Most of the time there's plenty of X drivers available, so they aren't getting completely stranded. They just might wait 6 minutes instead of 5 for their X ride.

#3 ·
I take all my Lyft pings for obvious reasons. I have not driven for Uber lately, but for sure, skip those regular X requests. I actually got some uber hate mail today about how I am not accepting enough requests. Which is funny, as I have not driven an Uber at all in the last two weeks.

#5 ·
I've been getting more disciplined at passing on non XL / Plus rides; especially before midnight. Lyft is getting a bit more aggressive in their language...is there anything they can / have been doing for low acceptance rates?

Missed requests aren't good for the community.

It looks like you're continuing to skip ride requests by letting the timer count down to zero. This causes a bad experience for the passenger, so we're reaching out with a third reminder.

Remember: Missed requests create delays for passengers and leave them with a bad impression of our community. People rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and we'd love your help being there for them.

Thanks,
The Lyft Team

#7 ·
Every time they write, I write back with my business rationale as to why I can not take all non-plus rides. I just want something in the system so they can't later claim I ignored them. The CSR response was very thoughtful and suggestive (Lyft Premier, etc... but that is not avail in Dallas) , thanking me for the ideas, etc...e.g. no hints of further action. Will let you know if they get more aggressive action is threatened or taken.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.