figured it out again after the airport has been ruined

Changed my strategy up a bit again after the airport became legal and unprofitable. Think I found something solid. My advice is quality over quantity. Right place at the right time and a little bit of luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-30-19-05-15-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-30-19-05-15-1.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 72

AJUber

your funny, you have 25 trips in one week and a acceptance rate of 66%/. that's called cherry picking and will put you up for deactivation. good job. your doing great

All of my cancels were uber assist more than 10 miles away. I took care of that Monday and no longer receive them. I only work Fri and Sat so 25-30 is all I do. I normally put in 14 hours as well but found that effecient point and go home when it's not. I don't cancel rides very often because I put myself where I want to be when rides will be good and turn my app on then. Had bad weekends figuring it out and tinkering with it observing the map and patterns. Learned venues and think I should get much better results from here on out.

UberXking

I love competition. Sacto hit it on the head. It's a game.
Don't drink Uber punch. Go out of your way to provide excellent service and a great customer experience
Uber adjusts your rating "because they can "
I don't receive the number of 5 stars any longer. My report has me at a 30% acceptance rate ...what 145 pings?

Last edited:
I stopped giving out water after like 2 weeks of driving and went back up to a 4.9+. I don't open doors. Ive been driving 7-8 months just part time on the weekends ,I go 5.0 most weekends. I absolutely do not let the app take me for a ride and cruise with a 90%+ acceptance rate. That would be dumb and I would make way less. I make a plan and stick close to it. I keep the acceptance rate near 80 since I am normally working busy hours and am working the surges. I take timely breaks to be in the best place to maximize the short surge windows. This is a place for us don't be such a downer AJ. Btw my overall acceptance rate is far from me having to worry about that.

Deeder

This is super helpful info....last night, my 1st night, I drove all over hell and back from Rockin to South Sac...I drove 100 miles and only made $50 bucks....this doesn't even cover my expenses after I take a .58 a mile deduction... I lost $20 bucks using this calculation...No one can do Uber and make money if done by the book...thanks for the tips !

Back at it, things didn't go as planned or as busy but made adjustments on the fly. Made 40$ in tips... miss those 250$ a night in tips bartending but can't complain. With the hot days behind us I'm curious to see how business will be headed into October-November. Wander what effect the strike may have. Hope you all have a great weekend. Burbs let's snag a brew sometime.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-07-23-40-18.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-07-23-40-18.png
    36 KB · Views: 45

Deeder

Changed my strategy up a bit again after the airport became legal and unprofitable. Think I found something solid. My advice is quality over quantity. Right place at the right time and a little bit of luck.
Good job! I'm curious how do u get your fare/hour so high...I'm assuming you work surges...but do you drive back to surge area when a ride takes you out? And do you only accept rides at surge pricing? I found it hard to get surge rates...even when sitting in the middle of a surge...no pings...and then as soon as surge disappeared I'd get pinged.

UberXking

I live in Chico. Some say I surge surf. Don't think we should give away knowledge for free. My first day I made $33 in 13 hours. Since then I have had $1,000 gross in a day. 4.9 surge for hour drive and fare to Carmel at regular rate with $100 tip!

I agree UberXking that is why I give vague info. Took me a lot of hours and nights out there to figure it out. Also it's like poker if I gave my strategy out there it would no longer work for me and I would have to come up with something else again. I have given out a lot of info in this post to get you started in the right direction though Deeder. UberXking is the guy with something way more solid than me. I can only keep it 35$ + for 14-16 hours tops until i see a huge drop off. I simply work high demand time and know my spots. I have a good idea where people are headed at certain spots at what times. It doesn't always work out, like last weekend where my two big rides ended up being busts. But that's the way it goes. Uber is like everything else in life feast or famine... when it rains it pours.

Deeder

I agree UberXking that is why I give vague info. Took me a lot of hours and nights out there to figure it out. Also it's like poker if I gave my strategy out there it would no longer work for me and I would have to come up with something else again. I have given out a lot of info in this post to get you started in the right direction though Deeder. UberXking is the guy with something way more solid than me. I can only keep it 35$ + for 14-16 hours tops until i see a huge drop off. I simply work high demand time and know my spots. I have a good idea where people are headed at certain spots at what times. It doesn't always work out, like last weekend where my two big rides ended up being busts. But that's the way it goes. Uber is like everything else in life feast or famine... when it rains it pours.
I agree...I wouldn't give it for free either...but I do appreciate seeing your stats...at least I know it's possible and there is a lot of info out there if you're willing to sift through and understand it. I think it's good to just to get out there and drive and come back and read because it makes more sense after the fact...I love your tip about developing a plan and sticking to it...it's tempting to go off track and take every ping out of fear there won't be another one...it is kind of like what someone told me about poker...be prepared to lose 1,000 bucks learning how to play