Fighting "reported app" ticket

Inshur

NYCDriver

So I got hit with someone taking a pic of my plate and reporting it to TLC and they sent me a settlement for $25. The violation says I failed to stop behind the stop line.

However, the location and time on the letter doesn't match up with my trip. This is for a trip back in Feb. The letter says I was at 1st ave and E 10th street at 2:35pm. But according to my trip record, I picked up my pax at 2:27pm from E 12 street, then (I have the detailed map) I made a left onto Ave B, then a left onto 14th st and right onto 3rd Ave.

So no way could I be at E10 and 1st Ave at 2:35pm.

My question is how easy is it to fight these tickets in court? I have the documentation and proof saying I wasn't there. I don't want to get an attorney or representation and I don't mind wasting time at the court since business has been painfully slow. I refuse to give in to this TLC corruption

RédaKH

So I got hit with someone taking a pic of my plate and reporting it to TLC and they sent me a settlement for $25. The violation says I failed to stop behind the stop line.

However, the location and time on the letter doesn't match up with my trip. This is for a trip back in Feb. The letter says I was at 1st ave and E 10th street at 2:35pm. But according to my trip record, I picked up my pax at 2:27pm from E 12 street, then (I have the detailed map) I made a left onto Ave B, then a left onto 14th st and right onto 3rd Ave.

So no way could I be at E10 and 1st Ave at 2:35pm.

My question is how easy is it to fight these tickets in court? I have the documentation and proof saying I wasn't there. I don't want to get an attorney or representation and I don't mind wasting time at the court since business has been painfully slow. I refuse to give in to this TLC corruption
I know you are mad b.c you feel its not fair Or right, but If it's just 25$ and no points just pay it and move on, except if a waste of a half day and the hassle to look for a parking and maybe pay for it worth it, it's up to you, and yes you can dismiss it if you have a proof, that you weren't there at the time of the ticket said.

LiveNLearn

Fight it!! Id fight it on principal. And settling is admitting guilt (lets call it what it is). Dont let the euphemisms in that letter fool you.

How is a picture of your license plate proof you violated any laws. And if a COP! sometimes has a hard time proving that your guilty in court in front of a judge. Now some idiot with a smartphone ez pz gets you an automatic guilty charge??? FOH!!!

That "report app" is so shady.

Last edited:

NYCDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fight it!! Id fight it on principal. And settling is admitting guilt (lets call it what it is). Dont let the euphemisms in that letter fool you.

How is a picture of your license plate proof you violated any laws. And if a COP! sometimes has a hard time proving that your guilty in court in front of a judge. Now some idiot with a smartphone ez pz gets you an automatic guilty charge??? FOH!!!

That "report app" is so shady.
Exactly. I don’t know how well this picture was shot, if it shows any signs and streets. If it did, can they change location, when I go to fight it?

I’m so tired of this corrupt city

WokeUP

I know you are mad b.c you feel its not fair Or right, but If it's just 25$ and no points just pay it and move on, except if a waste of a half day and the hassle to look for a parking and maybe pay for it worth it, it's up to you, and yes you can dismiss it if you have a proof, that you weren't there at the time of the ticket said.
This guy is a follower. Don’t follow his advice. Be a leader fight every single ticket!

FuberNYC

Fight it, we need to stop taking it up there, where the sun don't shine, without any hesitation. Prove to the city that we are NOT okay with w/e the HECK they think they can do to us and get away with.
I say screw TLC, they can't convict us and plea us guilty automatically for some heartless morons uploading pictures to their site/app without proving us guilty, there's definitely a lot of liability involved and this system to milk us more than they already have needs to come to a halt immediately.

WokeUP

Fight it, we need to stop taking it up there, where the sun don't shine, without any hesitation. Prove to the city that we are NOT okay with w/e the HECK they think they can do to us and get away with.
I say screw TLC, they can't convict us and plea us guilty automatically for some heartless morons uploading pictures to their site/app without proving us guilty, there's definitely a lot of liability involved and this system to milk us more than they already have needs to come to a halt immediately.
You have to sue for the personal info of whoever sent in the photo

FuberNYC

You have to sue for the personal info of whoever sent in the photo
Waste a day of work to fight for a $25 ticket, is that what you are saying?
You clearly don't see what the OP is talking about, he's frustrated with TLC and not the jackass who sent the picture.

WokeUP

Waste a day of work to fight for a $25 ticket, is that what you are saying?
You clearly don't see what the OP is talking about, he's frustrated with TLC and not the jackass who sent the picture.
I fight all of my tickets either online or via usps
Post automatically merged:

Works amazingly well

WokeUP

Would throw me $1 per day for 1 year for reduced aggravation? (I don’t think so), Same principle. At the end of the year, it all adds up and turns into a heavy loss. Look at the big picture.

NYCDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It’s obv not about the $25. It’s a very small amount and thats exactly what’s TLC wants, for us to give in. Maybe I did stop past the line, maybe I didn’t. I’ll never know.

This was probably one of them hipsters who moved from mid west who clearly doesn’t know which streets are which and wants to act like he/she has power. How do you mix up a major street like 14th st and 10th st (if that’s what they meant)

RédaKH

This guy is a follower. Don’t follow his advice. Be a leader fight every single ticket!
Well I didn't give him an advice it was just an opinion, and I don't see how a person who value his time is follower, its just common sense if I'm going to waste half of a day which I could make more than100$ plus the aggregation to fight a 25$ ticket well I don't see where is the leadership in that!

michael7227

Well I didn't give him an advice it was just an opinion, and I don't see how a person who value his time is follower, its just common sense if I'm going to waste half of a day which I could make more than100$ plus the aggregation to fight a 25$ ticket well I don't see where is the leadership in that!
I mean I just got bigger fish to fry.

Inshur New York