Field report

pizza guy

Took a couple of rides tonight. It pisses me off to pay $10 plus tip on rides I only get $5 for as a driver.
My first driver refused my cash tip twice before accepting it. As messed up as it seems I'm tempted to rate him 1 star just for refusing a tip and what it implies for other drivers.

Kaleb379

Took a couple of rides tonight. It pisses me off to pay $10 plus tip on rides I only get $5 for as a driver.
My first driver refused my cash tip twice before accepting it. As messed up as it seems I'm tempted to rate him 1 star just for refusing a tip and what it implies for other drivers.

Lol some think that's not allowed and will get deactivated..wow

Pusher

That's why when we do use the service as riders we have to make it a point to educate many of the newbies and weekend warriors. Many do not understand the does and don'ts of this gig.

How many times have you rolled up on a mom with the infant and refused them only to be told that the other driver drove them without the car seat. Or like this example of not even excepting a cash tip. WTF you are providing a service and it is customary to tip in this country. Uber and many in the millennial generation have screwed that up! But as drivers we have to educate these other drivers because many won't stay after the sign on promotion ends and that leaves us holding the bag when they are gone.

I admit I was a lurker on this site long before I ever decided to start Ubering. I wanted to learn the does and dont's before ever dipping my feet in the water, and I wanted to not upset the apple cart so to say of what established drivers had already done.

Forums such as this are not only a place we can vent, but are learning tools for people as well. People can learn even through our venting of things. I know I have for sure in that regard. There are forums for just about anything these days and if you are looking to get into something I have always suggested to folks to do the background research on those forums before doing so. I am a Mod on another forum for many years in the trucking industry and have suggested that for those looking to go that route as well.

For that driver that tried to refuse the tip, he/she is doing a disservice to the rest of us and just may be a newbie as suggested afraid of deactivation. I wonder how many other newbie ants are still under this mindset as well. Whenever someone that I know approaches me with questions about starting driving themselves, I give them the short pro's and con's of it, then tell them if you are really interested in doing it to come to this site and put on their reading glasses and study first. If after doing so they still want to give it a go, then to ask questions and pointers. Once I find out they are onboarding and starting I try to give the basics, but tell them to really read up here first.

We have to do our part educating these other drivers and not be so standoffish as we see them during the day while out.. if we don't they will continue to do things like what was mentioned with the tip, and continue to pick up the moms without car seats and all the other bugaboo's that make it harder for us.

Mad Medic

What a dumbass. Let me guess- he doesn't do it for the money, just likes to meet new people. Dickweed!

80sDude

I heara ya pusher. I try to educate the new ants best I can.

If trip is not worth your time or is heading way out of your way.

DECLINE IT.

Turn the app off and wait for surge I'd it returns like this morning.