Field Report: Lyft

isosconfig

Yes, I am a Lyft Express Driver. Drove for Uber way back. Either they asked me too many times for the same damn insurance form or I could not pencil whip the inspection form....I don't remember which, could have been both. I'll lick chit off the walls to make myself a great day. But will only take so much crap from Travis&Company.

2004 black caddilac in need of numerous and extentive repairs. No air. Heat whenever I could trick the sensor into working. When the hillbilly from Idaho was grilling his food in the pit last year, I was parked along the fence nursing a problematic leaky tire and jamming both oil and transmission fluid in my POS ride. I had to do ORD runs. Car drank gas. I needed the down time between rides just to doctor my ride for the next ride. It's like a jungle sometimes...makes wonder how I keep from going under.

A wonderful elitist Eastern European guy with a bomb ass hawt bmw, had mercy on me. You know the type...sideways cross eyed superior type all looking down on me for my raggedy ride. Let alone the extra melanin. Told me, "you drive Lyft? Get your ass over to their office and get one of their rentals fool!" I responded, I would but I can't imagine getting 40 rides a week. Those were the days my friend.......

He said, "that's because your car doesn't work, They will provide you a damn new car and you can go downtown and pick up a bazillion short rides..." He's never spoken to me since. Been about a year. I tried to thank him once in the czechoslovakia pit corner, awash with graditiute. But I miscalculated he would not could not acknowledge me with his homeland brethren at hand. That really hurt. Hell, I wanted to hug and kiss him on the cheeks. Three times like they do in his motherland. That really drove home a point for me. The world is complex. There is no black and white. Good and bad. We are all many things, often all at the same time. Complete racist jerk. Godsend. Really decent guy who helped me out quite a bit.

But being the dodo bird I am. I didn't do it. Not then anyway. In fact, was not until my transmission spurred and stalled on the I90 extention when I had a whole ten dollars to my net worth.

THEN I called. You can't just "go in the office and get a car. But you can get one. More on that later. Look for my 100th edit.

Its about $900 a month. True cost. $10,800.00 a year. For that kinda money I should be sporting a range rover and run over my czec acquaintance:smiles:

And I'm happper than chit about it. Grateful as all get out. Thank you, Jesus. Like Madmax said, I wanna keep this post short.....

I have driven 7 different kindz of cars. 4 of them still make me hard. When a little light goes on....i.motor to the Pep boys and pout. Drive away with some thing different. Yeah, its driver to driver exchange (with maintenance on the in between) and they do release some filthy ass cars. Gotta factor in cleaning time with each swap. And Hertz treats us like crap. Minor. This little light of mine.....

Oh? What field report? Just paragraphs of nauseating self absorbed transparent duplicitous yarn? Yes, Map, I was getting to the point. The point of no return.

See, dey invited bout a 100 of us 5 star slaves to "graditude lunch" They making money my friend like digital underground. (Shot out to the pit thread--bout da hottie) Pronounced with an umpty (for mon--ey) And I mean 5 flipping Lyft stars. None of this 4.32 crap. 100 perfect rides. Decently, recently.

I wasn't gonna go. Then I remember Laker chastising others when Uber had an invite like last year. Laker say: Go, hear what the man says.

Well, for what its worth. The man says, he loves making the additional bucks on the plantation and by no means are we down sizing or discontinuing like uber. In fact we need mo of ya'll picking cotton.

And at the meet, I saw 60 guys (15 women) helping each other. Comparing notes. Nice like Herself. Was nice.

See, i dont see my fellow drivers as "ants" with a Trumponian zero sum game. I see yall as collegues. Extended Partnership. Keeping up demand so I can get drunk, watch the dead, and rest up and carry the baton when you need to do the same.

Last edited:

isosconfig

I do not drive impaired. I always drive. Wtf, you know I'm in the pit waiting for Godot. And thank you. Kind of you to share. I'm glad you are here, too.

Mad Medic

Ha. Saw what you did there isoconfig.

Nice little insert just to see if I'm paying attention. Awwww yaahh

LoveTheBlues

Lol this might sound like I'm hating but do you get high and post? I enjoy reading em but god damn they're long
Yeah; the dude can wax on a bit (well more than a bit) but if you take the time to read and think he does have something to say. Ranting without thought can be popular (it elected a President) but taking a risk and lowering your shield of bravado to get your message out takes real cahones. And at least for me, it's worth the investment to read. Respect isosconfig (but your screen name is a PITA to type). Good luck managing the rental program. I hope you can put together enough soon to buy a more profitable ride.

FYI: Bigbadb91, my negative comment on thoughtless rants was NOT directed at you. You just happened to make the comment about the long posts that fueled my reply.

isosconfig

...isos...greek for equal. So, Equal configuration, is my purport. If I can change my SN, it will be "ad nauseam" I feared changing as to avoid accusations of catfishin. But when the Godfather politely suggests.....smart men who don't wish to snooze in the Hudson....take immediate action.

LoveTheBlues

...isos...greek for equal. So, Equal configuration, is my purport. If I can change my SN, it will be "ad nauseam" I feared changing as to avoid accusations of catfishin. But when the Godfather politely suggests.....smart men who don't wish to snooze in the Hudson....take immediate action.
Dude; I hope your new screen name wasn't just because I can't type. In any case, be it isoscofig or ad nauseum, keep on contributing!