FHV/MEDALLION

Inshur

skrrtskrrt

I took my WAV class last week and unfortunatly i had applied for FHV ONLY. The instructor told us that starting about two weeks ago anyone applying for a FHV will now get a FHV/MEDALLION license in the mail. So we are able to drive yellow, green etc.

Im getting ready to take my 24/hr class and the instructor told me i have to take the FHV class and i cant take the FHV/MEDALLION class because thats not what i applied for. If all FHV drivers will get a FHV/MEDALLION license, it doesnt make sense that we dont have a choice on the type of test we want to take. I eventually want to do yellow or blackcar service. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

censoredbytheFCC

I took my WAV class last week and unfortunatly i had applied for FHV ONLY. The instructor told us that starting about two weeks ago anyone applying for a FHV will now get a FHV/MEDALLION license in the mail. So we are able to drive yellow, green etc.

Im getting ready to take my 24/hr class and the instructor told me i have to take the FHV class and i cant take the FHV/MEDALLION class because thats not what i applied for. If all FHV drivers will get a FHV/MEDALLION license, it doesnt make sense that we dont have a choice on the type of test we want to take. I eventually want to do yellow or blackcar service. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
I called a fellow TLC rep I know and he confirmed that yes they are giving out Medallion/FHVs even if you take FHV class now. The 24 hour class was always there for yellow cab drivers. FHV didn't have to take it before March 2015. Since they are the same class and same material, TLC is allowing FHV to drive Medallion also.

Inshur New York