• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Few Denver Promotions - especially "do-able" ones

nomogmos

It doesn't seem like there are any/many (realistic) promotions in the Denver market. This last one, SuperBowl Sunday, requiring 15 rides in 6 hours, seemed unobtainable/impossible for me, especially after it took 2.5 hours to get my first ride. I have NO interest in Boulder rides, for thrifty intoxicated students, from 12am-3am!

arrrghhh

Yea, welcome to the new normal.

I think the market in Denver has become so saturated they don't need to offer any more incentives... It hardly surges anymore, except for random events (although this morning I guess was one of those - didn't get a ride but drove through some crazy surge on the way to work).

Rooster06

Seems there's always random surges in Lone Tree and Southlands, and sometimes Littleton near the melting pot. Or, just don't chase the surge. It's a losing battle.

Unless, of course, if it snows. It seems like a vast number of the vast number of drivers aren't from here, so they don't know how to drive in Denver snowstorms. If you're surge hunting, that's your best bet this time of year.

arrrghhh

Seems there's always random surges in Lone Tree and Southlands, and sometimes Littleton near the melting pot. Or, just don't chase the surge. It's a losing battle.

Unless, of course, if it snows. It seems like a vast number of the vast number of drivers aren't from here, so they don't know how to drive in Denver snowstorms. If you're surge hunting, that's your best bet this time of year.
Oh yea I didn't mean to make it sound like you should ever chase surge... I definitely learned that the hard way when I started. Drove thru a 5.5x from one end to the other (before they did the honeycomb thing and it was just large zones) and didn't get a single ping until nearly the end, I think it was 1.4x hah.

So I never chase surge now... Unless I'm minutes from it and going in that direction... I don't bother even re-positioning anymore. Read this after I made the mistake as well, and it makes sense - reduction of dead miles is the name of the game. Chasing surge does not help with dead mileage, and rarely pays out like you hope it will.

I was just on the way to work, didn't have any meetings... so might as well flip it on, especially if there's giant red splotches on your commute :smiles:

Daisey77

I was going to say the reason. They are because you can't make that in town most days
Right? I don't think any of us get in the car and say hey let's put an extra 30 miles on it just for the hell of it. LOL unfortunately, as slow as it is, bills still need paid. So we all do what we gotta do. 2 hours is still a little over exaggerated and $20 is a little under exaggerated. I think the longest, I waited for Lyft was 90 minutes and my payouts are usually 25 to 40 plus tip. typically a $5 tip but not always.

Archie Nelson

Right? I don't think any of us get in the car and say hey let's put an extra 30 miles on it just for the hell of it. LOL unfortunately, as slow as it is, bills still need paid. So we all do what we gotta do. 2 hours is still a little over exaggerated and $20 is a little under exaggerated. I think the longest, I waited for Lyft was 90 minutes and my payouts are usually 25 to 40 plus tip. typically a $5 tip but not always.

Oh I totally agree. I typically wait like you said around 90 mins. And I have seen more longer runs then shorter runs so $25-30 avg is very fair I would say

nomogmos

Seems there's always random surges in Lone Tree and Southlands, and sometimes Littleton near the melting pot.
Where/what is "the melting pot"?
I see surges around DU/Wash Park fairly often, but I'm rarely in them! And, whats up with the surges around Superior/36?