• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Female Drivers

spraytanbabe

Hi Ladies! I am looking to connect with other female rideshare drivers to exchange tips and tricks, since I do it part time. My other job is for a mobile spray tan company (who actually is looking for one more rideshare driver, good pay) Is there a place where we can support each other and share information and maybe even share horror stories (so that we can learn from them!) xo - Aimee

Mvlab

Hi Ladies! I am looking to connect with other female rideshare drivers to exchange tips and tricks, since I do it part time. My other job is for a mobile spray tan company (who actually is looking for one more rideshare driver, good pay) Is there a place where we can support each other and share information and maybe even share horror stories (so that we can learn from them!) xo - Aimee
Try "Bumble" or " OkCupid", I guess, that's what you really need.

cdm813

Why does a spray tan company need rideshare drivers pray tell?

spraytanbabe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's a strictly mobile salon. And it services a lot of MA, basically within the 95 belt. It's a perfect job for drivers because we are used to driving already, already set our own hours, and are already independent contractors. So when I accept a spray job, I can schedule my driving around that appointment.

Goodellsux

So do you do this in your own vehicle, or something specialized?
When you accept a spray job, is it for one person to get sprayed?

Tell me more, explain how tge gig works.

LadyKnightRides

I have a few horror stories but I've enjoyed driving (met lots of nice people). I've been doing rideshare for 2 years...past year in Boston and full time in Boston the past 8 months. The number 1 question I always get asked is, "do I feel safe?"...I have never felt like my life was in danger but definitely uncomfortable (people making out and a couple of advances, etc.) I carry pepper spray on my keys and keep it in my coin area just in case.

Would love to trade stories ladies...Feel free to message me

Mvlab

I have a few horror stories but I've enjoyed driving (met lots of nice people). I've been doing rideshare for 2 years...past year in Boston and full time in Boston the past 8 months. The number 1 question I always get asked is, "do I feel safe?"...I have never felt like my life was in danger but definitely uncomfortable (people making out and a couple of advances, etc.) I carry pepper spray on my keys and keep it in my coin area just in case.

Have you ever thought, that those made "advances" were just very sensitive and caring people, who detected your uncomfortableness and tried to soothe your tension. But thank you for insight- from now on if I see a female driver I will always have pepper spray in my hand getting in the car. 😜

LadyKnightRides

I'm looking for a lady I can share my tip with too!
😑🤢🤮
Post automatically merged:

Have you ever thought, that those made "advances" were just very sensitive and caring people, who detected your uncomfortableness and tried to soothe your tension. But thank you for insight- from now on if I see a female driver I will always have pepper spray in my hand getting in the car. 😜
I guess thousands of female drivers are just oblivious to sensitive caring people...give me a break😒 https://www.cosmopolitan.com/career/a13100946/female-uber-and-lyft-drivers-harassed-by-passengers/

You absolutely should carry pepper spray... everyone needs protection. You never know who you're sharing a ride with.

Mvlab

😑🤢🤮

I guess thousands of female drivers are just oblivious to sensitive caring people...give me a break😒https://www.cosmopolitan.com/career/a13100946/female-uber-and-lyft-drivers-harassed-by-passengers/

You absolutely should carry pepper spray... everyone needs protection. You never know who you're sharing a ride with.
Give me a break! It's an old joke, but anyhow... Do you know why Indian women have red dot on forehead? No? It's simple- it's like a traffic signal, red- she is not ready. I think "female drivers", and not just them, should adopt this practice, because nowadays harassment is viewed more and more broadly and on the other hand nobody remember an old meaning of the word "soliciting". No offense, I am talking in general, not about your particular case. And thanks again for "democratic" pepper spray idea- I used to carry halberd, it looked more manly to me.

Last edited:

spraytanbabe

Give me a break! It's an old joke, but anyhow... Do you know why Indian women have red dot on forehead? No? It's simple- it's like a traffic signal, red- she is not ready. I think "female drivers", and not just them, should adopt this practice, because nowadays harassment is viewed more and more broadly and on the other hand nobody remember an old meaning of the word "soliciting". No offense, I am talking in general, not about your particular case. And thanks again for "democratic" pepper spray idea- I used to carry halberd, it looked more manly to me.
woah dude, pipe down over there. in your mind, why do women have to display on their freaking heads whether or not men should harass them??! how about something way more radical : men, don't be creepy towards women! you can be nice and polite, and treat us the way you would treat a male driver!!!! why is that so hard for men to understand? Okay, so you are interested in what you see? Then there can totally be a polite way to go about it. I've had men be quiet the whole ride, or engage in polite conversation, then at the end, they thank me for the ride and conversation, and say "if you ever want to talk more, here's my card" as they pass me their business card. That isn't creepy, it's literally saying "I like you, its up to you to contact me if you like me back" . I found no problem with that, and it's not creepy.

So do you do this in your own vehicle, or something specialized?
When you accept a spray job, is it for one person to get sprayed?

Tell me more, explain how tge gig works.
Don't worry about it! haha. I'm just also a spray tan technician as a side job. So I show up at peoples homes, who book appointments. I go inside, pop up a tent and give them a spray tan. They dont have to leave the house, and I get to go back to driving if I want. I own my car, but the company owns the spray tan equipment that I use. I just keep it in my car for appointments.

Mvlab

woah dude, pipe down over there. in your mind, why do women have to display on their freaking heads whether or not men should harass them??! how about something way more radical : men, don't be creepy towards women! you can be nice and polite, and treat us the way you would treat a male driver!!!! why is that so hard for men to understand? Okay, so you are interested in what you see? Then there can totally be a polite way to go about it. I've had men be quiet the whole ride, or engage in polite conversation, then at the end, they thank me for the ride and conversation, and say "if you ever want to talk more, here's my card" as they pass me their business card. That isn't creepy, it's literally saying "I like you, its up to you to contact me if you like me back" . I found no problem with that, and it's not creepy.

Don't worry about it! haha. I'm just also a spray tan technician as a side job. So I show up at peoples homes, who book appointments. I go inside, pop up a tent and give them a spray tan. They dont have to leave the house, and I get to go back to driving if I want. I own my car, but the company owns the spray tan equipment that I use. I just keep it in my car for appointments.
You misunderstood me, my dear spray technician/driver, as expected thought. The point is what determines standards of appropriate behavior. Law? Moral? Or you, personally? As once was said: " One man's vulgarity is another man's lyric".

Ernesto0817

If u use pepper spray inside your cabin is going on u also and really hard to get out of your car

spraytanbabe

You misunderstood me, my dear spray technician/driver, as expected thought. The point is what determines standards of appropriate behavior. Law? Moral? Or you, personally? As once was said: " One man's vulgarity is another man's lyric".
I don't misunderstand. You're not making some deep philosophical point. You're just missing the point. We all know what creepy is, and isn't. We all know what behavior is lecherous, because we all understand that, both men and women. Women more so of course. But how many villains in movies have acted that way? Hundreds? Look, subjective ethics don't work, I agree. But your quote suggests that you actually do agree with ethical relativism. Which is BS. Obvs. So then what, are you trying to engage in a deep dive of ethics??? Because all she was pointing out was her experience, which I've shared. The experience is, men can be inappropriate towards female drivers on occasion. How can we best avoid that? Isn't this a worthy discussion? You can troll us, but this is a real issue! Your issue is: we can't know what's truly appropriate because who is the arbiter over what is and isnt appropro? and to that I say, uhhhhh use your common sense. Common decency, and like I pointed out previously: why not treat us the way you would treat a MALE DRIVER. That would be a good guideline, dontcha think??? So we don't need law, or a deep discussion of competing ethical ideologies to determine appropriate behavior.

LadyKnightRides

If u use pepper spray inside your cabin is going on u also and really hard to get out of your car
Excellent point... thankfully I have not had to use it. Ill take the damage to the car ( I will submit a damage report for lol). The stories you hear about both male and female drivers being assaulted, robbed, or even killed saddens me but I would rather not be another victim.

Mvlab

I don't misunderstand. You're not making some deep philosophical point. You're just missing the point. We all know what creepy is, and isn't. We all know what behavior is lecherous, because we all understand that, both men and women. Women more so of course. But how many villains in movies have acted that way? Hundreds? Look, subjective ethics don't work, I agree. But your quote suggests that you actually do agree with ethical relativism. Which is BS. Obvs. So then what, are you trying to engage in a deep dive of ethics??? Because all she was pointing out was her experience, which I've shared. The experience is, men can be inappropriate towards female drivers on occasion. How can we best avoid that? Isn't this a worthy discussion? You can troll us, but this is a real issue! Your issue is: we can't know what's truly appropriate because who is the arbiter over what is and isnt appropro? and to that I say, uhhhhh use your common sense. Common decency, and like I pointed out previously: why not treat us the way you would treat a MALE DRIVER. That would be a good guideline, dontcha think??? So we don't need law, or a deep discussion of competing ethical ideologies to determine appropriate behavior.
Too many words. You could simply say: " Appropriate for everybody is what I say is appropriate because I am a supreme judge of that". And that's a deep philosophical point. So, so far I counted two more of your avatars ( RoseK and SomethingOliveira)- please, forgive me for misspelling. Darling, you don't really have to create an illusion of public support here if you are not planning to involve us in some sort of "democratic" process, of course. Or are your multiple personalities just a sign of insecurity?