Fellow UberX Beware

Gees2016

Ive noticed alot of New York plates plus other states Ubering guys.....if you have a normal pattern my advice is to stick to it....Center City was already saturated with Uber X....now with out of state flocking here...what will it look like during normal business hours????....on a positive note yesterday the covention goers were actually tipping....dropped off a few in Center City.

J. Thomas

I must have gotten all the non tippers. I have had numerous DNC visitors and not one tip. I ended up in Jersey and got a pick up to take someone from a hospital to the train station less than 10 min away and he tipped me. All these visitors dropping all this cash and you cant give your driver a buck or two? Cheap asses.

UberBlueVW

I must have gotten all the non tippers. I have had numerous DNC visitors and not one tip. I ended up in Jersey and got a pick up to take someone from a hospital to the train station less than 10 min away and he tipped me. All these visitors dropping all this cash and you cant give your driver a buck or two? Cheap asses.
Hi,

Have you done the 'secure area' thing yet? I would like to hear how it went for you.

UberBlueVW

Nitedriver

ahhh sorry, all hotels in my area need all rides. cc is booked out, you pay up to $700 for one night in Philly in certain areas..

Last edited:

UberwhoIaM

Hi,

Have you done the 'secure area' thing yet? I would like to hear how it went for you.

UberBlueVW
Did the secure area this morning. Had a ride from Jersey Hotel (3 Fox Business News media types). Uber wasn't at area to get security pass. Riders were patient as we figured out how to get close enough to drop them off. So many cops, secret service and the closer you got it looked like a prison with all the temporary iron fencing and blockades. Very intimidating. look hard enough could see sharp shooters up high everywhere.

Webster614

Did the DNC thing last night... there were no security passes. Anyone could have gone in. Did they get rid of this? Also at one point the city cops, apparently due to SS, closed 10th street. There was no way down to the Uber pick up lot. Had a PAX call me 8 times to figure out where I was. She was in a sht mood and started fighting with Uber. After about 15 minutes the road opened again (I assume someone of importance used the road... IDK).

BTW, anyone notice the Uber employees in the lots were complete @ssholes?

UberwhoIaM

I picked up pax in NJ that also was pissed about the issues Uber had in that lot. He supposedly had to wait 15 whole minutes around 1:30am. said Philly Ubers aren't half as professional as New York drivers. I told him it's not UBER but the Secret Service running the deal.