Fellow uber driver from L.A. No tip :(

Freebyrdie

Picked up an uber partner from LA. Took him and his girlfriend from the Linq to Circus Circus. Had time to talk about the good bad and the ugly. It got even uglier when he got out. WTF?!?
Amazing isn't it....how few drivers tip vs how many complain about no tips. Have you been cleared to drive Lyft yet? At least the tip function is built in Lyft app.

ChinatownJake

Picked up an uber partner from LA. Took him and his girlfriend from the Linq to Circus Circus. Had time to talk about the good bad and the ugly. It got even uglier when he got out. WTF?!?
I guess on and around The Strip people probably have cash on hand a bit more. But here in L.A., and this is why App-tip function is crucial, it's amazing how many times I have had Pax say they would tip on App if they could, and don't have any "real" money on them to do so otherwise.

Do I believe them? Yes, because in my own personal life now, nine times out of ten when a homeless guy at the grocery store or wherever hits me up for cash, I have not a strand on me - bills or coins.

Freebyrdie

I guess on and around The Strip people probably have cash on hand a bit more. But here in L.A., and this is why App-tip function is crucial, it's amazing how many times I have had Pax say they would tip on App if they could, and don't have any "real" money on them to do so otherwise.

Do I believe them? Yes, because in my own personal life now, nine times out of ten when a homeless guy at the grocery store or wherever hits me up for cash, I have not a strand on me - bills or coins.
Me too...I don't carry cash and spend my cash tips quickly

Freebyrdie

I've had lots of people tell me they'd leave a tip if they had cash. Doesn't make me feel any better.
If your driving über......be thankful but don't expect a tip. It was uber who advertised tips were included....you can't completely fault to PAX for their ignorance. Unless they drive too.

eberglar

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No I don't fault the PAX. I truly believe that most would tip but there's a lot of confusion out there.

Adieu

Why...does everyone drive for Lyft, too?
IF/WHEN lyft has sufficient demand in your area, Lyft is better.

When it doesn't, people double dip

Some get stuck in habit, though, and continue double dipping actively even when in their area Lyft demand and pay both exceed Uber....at that point, smart ones keep Uber as something to fall back on if there are issues with Lyft/Lyft account, or only use Uber to cherry pick huge surge

Adieu

Or only ONE overlarge bill that came your way by chance... Yeah, true

At night I tell the panhandlers "sorry, man I'm a car for hire and we bill electronically... Don't carry cash, we'd get robbed all the frikkin time if we did" and offer em a cigarette

Adieu

No they don't mind.... Lyft used to send us special sticker-pockets for trade dress to be swappable

Uber regularly offered local drivers a bribe of $10 or so to submit a copy of a weekly pay stub from any other app-based driving gig, whether stuff or people, and specifically listed rivals Lyft, Postmates, etc.

Some people feared a trap from bog brother, but that was just market research

In fact both base their incentives for fulltimers on quotas designed to keep you too busy or demand too much attention to log into the rival app....and rolling-over incentives (Lyft average hourly guarantees, Uber Metals) that require serious participation in previous 1-2 weeks to get the better deal for the next week.

The idea is that they EXPECT a fulltimer to pick and choose a side for the week, each and every week. They don't judge that, they hold a bidding war to win your weekly loyalty instead