1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Feels like Uber expects us to ignore the law

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Joshua J, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Joshua J

Joshua J Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Look at one of the reasons for rating a passenger less than 5 stars - "Number of passengers".

Why would we be taking more passengers than our seat belt limit? Not only is this against state laws but Uber ToS here in FL.

Of course, add on top of that, pissed off passengers can rate you **** after the trip and Uber will do NOTHING to protect you from this. Just got a "professionalism - conversation" report from them for not taking their buddy as a 5th. Again, a single idiot 3-4* rating negates nearly 20-30 serious 5* ratings throughout a whole week. We can't change our ratings of passengers either so the best I can do is do the "passenger is rude" option and be nitpicky at this point.

tohunt4me and KellyC like this.
  2. Wh4tev3r!!!!

Wh4tev3r!!!! Well-Known Member

Could be because the passenger ordered an X car and needed a XL car. The XL car has more seat so instead of fighting with the passengers, he takes them, then rates them lower and fights with Uber to get the XL rate.

3. Veal66

Veal66 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You wouldn't take more. That's the point. You get to down-rate the dummy pax that tried to game you into taking 5+ pax on X rates instead of properly ordering an XL.

tohunt4me likes this.
  4. Joshua J

Joshua J Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Ok, that's what I misinterpreted. I thought if they're cool with less(4 passengers) and taking a second UberX, I wouldn't downrate them but apparently I should downrate them for the bad decision in the first place?

5. Veal66

Veal66 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I downrate pax in this situation if I read them as trying to deliberately cheap out by order an X for 5-6 when I can only take 4. In this situation I often hear "It's only a short distance" or "other uber drivers do it" or "Come on!" I've done the same with pool when the max is 2, and sometimes pax try to bring 3 on a pool ride.

Julescase likes this.
  6. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Well-Known Member

In most cases, I never take them even if someone stays behind because in most cases, they're already arguing why I should be able to take them and the ride is not going to end well for me. I tell *them* to cancel and order an XL. If for whatever reason they refuse to cancel, I will cancel after the timer expires and collect the cancel fee that way. It is explained in the rider app exactly what each service offers and the limitations.

Santa likes this.
  7. Joshua J

Joshua J Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Interesting. I've been kinda playing to the crowd lately - if they seem to be "cool" with it - I go with it. 9 times out of 10, it works out fine with 5*/potential tips but that 1 time... hurts. I'll consider this more tomorrow as we're in full Spring Break season here with concerts/drunk groups trying to get in Ubers constantly w/4-5x surge.

8. Pawtism

Pawtism Moderator Moderator

Don't forget to get your cancel fee if they choose not to take the ride (with only 4). They ordered the wrong size vehicle, not you. You showed up and if they weren't properly prepared, that's their fault not yours.

KellyC and transporter007 like this.
  9. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Well-Known Member

In my case it's the opposite. I'll hear different excuses as to why I should let them cram into my car, the most popular being "other Ubers do it." Great. Cancel and maybe you'll get one of those other Ubers. The rare one's are cool about it and it's usually because someone else joined them and asked if they can pile in, and the rider thanks me for saying no to them after we leave because he didn't want them anyway but didn't want to be "the bad guy."

10. Saltyoldman

Saltyoldman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Agreed. A 5$ cancellation fee for too many riders would stop this from happening

11. Bpr2

Bpr2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Xl drivers can e-mail uber and explain this. 99% of the time the pax gets upcharged and driver gets xl pay. Then again, pax could retaliate unless they’ve already rated.

12. KellyC

KellyC Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Based on my experience around here there are plenty of ppl who drive XL vehicles but gladly take 4-plus pax who have just ordered X.

13. Joshua J

Joshua J Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Feels like another game pax get to play with ratings held hostage

KellyC likes this.
  14. DocT

DocT Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Uber leads by example.
    They circumvent the law, and expect you to follow. Will deactivate you if caught, to keep their hands clean.

KellyC, Pawtism and mrpjfresh like this.
  15. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Uber was FOUNDED ON LAWBREAKING !

See anyone ELSE getting away with recruiting Soccer Moms van for taxi by calling it " RIDESHARE"?

Then BRAG ABOUT ELIMINATING HUMAN DRIVERS WHILE PROMOTING " JOB GROWTH" TO GOVERNMENT ALL WHILE CLAIMING TO NOT BEING AN EMPLOYER ?

Forget " DOUBLE SPEAK".
    This is a New Level.
    " TECHNOLOGY COMPANY"!

KellyC, Pawtism and DocT like this.
  16. Saltyoldman

Saltyoldman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Now they are eliminating possible passengers by running them over.

Too Soon?

SuzeCB and Bro Olomide like this.