• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Feelings about back to back trips?

BigOrange

How do you guys feel about those new pings during the current trip?
My last one was a mess... pax on the car wants to continue his trip, while the next pax wants me to hurry up...
Anybody here have the same or other issues about this function? Or y'all think it's good enough to cover those shitty 'coincidences'?

Pax Collector

I never had an issue with back to back trips. It's usually near the end of the current trip and the pick up for the next rider isn't too far away. You always have the option of going offline after you start a trip if it bothers you.

KK2929

My last one was a mess... pax on the car wants to continue his trip, while the next pax wants me to hurry up...
Anybody here have the same or other issues about this function? Or y'all think it's good enough to cover those shitty 'coincidences'?
---------------------------
I have had no problems. If the pax wants to make a change that causes problems, I just tell them that the App will not allow changes. I might be on a regular ride and the stacked trip is a shared.
Incidentally, with Lyft, the stacked trip notice tells the driver the miles and direction of the new trip - just like the normal notice. You also have the option to cancel. I keep reading by other posters that there is no notice- the trip is added without their permission and they do not have the option to cancel. Not so.

Cdub2k

Are referring to stack Pings i.e. you get a trip while you are currently on a trip? If this is what you are referring to I don't like them if they aren't surged rides. Fundamentally speaking if it is so busy that Uber needs to send a driver who is currently on a ride a new ride before they have dropped off their current passenger fundamentally speaking that must mean that it is surging. If there isn't anybody in the area to pick them up that must mean that the DEMAND is outpacing the SUPPLY. If this isn't the definition of a SURGE WHAT THE F%% IS???

It's for this reason that I have grown suspect of accepting stacked Pings. I think they are charging the customers a surge price while robbing the driver of the ability to even see that it is surging on the map. Think about it... While you are on the current trip you are unable to see the Map because all you see is the current GPS directions so you aren't in a position to determine if it is surging or not. This seems suspect and for that reason I'd suggest that you just decline all non surge stacked Pings. Heck, even the surge Pings might be a bit sketchy. It might be surging at a 3X pricing but they might offer you a 1.5X (for those of you still with the multiplier surge) to low ball you and since you are currently on a ride you cannot verify anything.

Anyways I hope this helps. The bottomline is that I don't trust this scamming company at all. Cover your 6 or they'll stick something in there while you're not lookin

BigOrange

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are referring to stack Pings i.e. you get a trip while you are currently on a trip? If this is what you are referring to I don't like them if they aren't surged rides. Fundamentally speaking if it is so busy that Uber needs to send a driver who is currently on a ride a new ride before they have dropped off their current passenger fundamentally speaking that must mean that it is surging. If there isn't anybody in the area to pick them up that must mean that the DEMAND is outpacing the SUPPLY. If this isn't the definition of a SURGE WHAT THE F%% IS???

It's for this reason that I have grown suspect of accepting stacked Pings. I think they are charging the customers a surge price while robbing the driver of the ability to even see that it is surging on the map. Think about it... While you are on the current trip you are unable to see the Map because all you see is the current GPS directions so you aren't in a position to determine if it is surging or not. This seems suspect and for that reason I'd suggest that you just decline all non surge stacked Pings. Heck, even the surge Pings might be a bit sketchy. It might be surging at a 3X pricing but they might offer you a 1.5X (for those of you still with the multiplier surge) to low ball you and since you are currently on a ride you cannot verify anything.

Anyways I hope this helps. The bottomline is that I don't trust this scamming company at all. Cover your 6 or they'll stick something in there while you're not lookin
Yes, exactly that one, the stacked ping.
Haven't quite think about surges before, but I agree with your opinion.
Maybe next time I should ask the pax if he has been charged with surges.

Thanks for your reply and it does help!

Überall

I don't mind them at all. If the trip I'm on takes too long, the 2nd passenger cancels anyways, and that's all on Uber. If not, I can increase my pay per unit of time by having little downtime. If I don't want them, I can easily set the app to not allow new requests.

M62

If current pax wants to continue the ride, just change the destination to the new one, or have them do it, and the stacked ride will be sent to another driver.

June132017

They are a bad deal in the big city. Sometimes you can score a bonus if you're not in back to back mode with Lyft.

Otherwise if you're in a small town it's a very good deal as long as the rider isn't going to be a problem in you're car.

uberparadise

Always hit the red button saying you are not accepting new requests if #1 rider wants a stop or different destination. #2 there is surge area nearby and you can make more building the surge or driving into the surge area. Otherwise accepting them is makes sense.

MiamiKid

Back to back pays, the best, for me. Particularly downtown areas.

However, they do not come without issues.

DriverMark

Haven't quite think about surges before, but I agree with your opinion.
Maybe next time I should ask the pax if he has been charged with surges.
Talking money and price with PAX generally a bad idea. Unless they bring it up or you slyly work it into a conversation somehow.

Antvirus

Lyft? Never. They will add a shared ride to your queue and turn your car into a bus.

Uber? If it's surging or I am predicting a surge I will stop new requests after I start every trip. You want to have a full view of the surge map in order to make the right decisions. + by accepting a stack while a surge is rolling you are basically helping to kill the active surge.
If it's slow or I am using a DF for any reason then yes, I'll accept the stacked ping.

Classified

New feature I thought it’s been around since Uber’s been around, I’ve had that option for 4years,

When what you say happens, slide bottom bar up, and cancel the next trip, or you can say to current rider, I don’t mind carrying on but need to let next rider know, and send them a text, saying if they can’t wait then cancel,

You can also not accept the incoming trip, unless you have activated auto accept,

Also yes the deceptive surge, you can mis out on potential extra earnings, if map is surging nearby, but you chose to accept a trip away from the surge,

I personally like stacked pings, but you need to be selective on which ones you take, it decreases dead miles. If your wise, I love it when I drop a rider off; and in 1min next rider is getting in my car,