• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Feeling the burn as UBER/LYFT get ready for IPOs

Lessthanminimum

WOW... LA is at .60 a mile and rates being slashed across the country as UBER/LYFT try to slow the bleeding. They have to look good for their upcoming IPOs!

So at what point do drivers say enough is enough? .40 .20 .10 .05 a mile?

What UBER/LYFT could do is just pay a flat 2.25 an hour and drivers live off tips? Maybe we can wear an apron and offer PAX free snacks and drink? Oh, I forgot many drivers already do that!

But whatever you do always smile, engage in pleasant conversation, and go for those 5 stars. We must earn those great badges! Maybe UBER could turn those badges into goverment cheese tokens we can use to get free cheese at Wal-Mart?

Anyway, I'm just here to offer my encouragement! Drive on soldiers!

DiceyDan

I already quit driving people a year ago, as delivering food has become a better pay. When the new surges made way, there was no angle that made ride-sharing profitable. I had to stop lying to myself that there was anyway to profit. It has hit rockbottom for sometime, and if you are still driving it is nothing but loss.

Lessthanminimum

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I keep receiving IMs from UBER asking me to get back on the road. I'm so tempted to get back in my rolling free ride machine to be part of the gang again. But I just don't have the money to pay for the privilege right now.

Nats121

WOW... LA is at .60 a mile and rates being slashed across the country as UBER/LYFT try to slow the bleeding. They have to look good for their upcoming IPOs!

What UBER/LYFT could do is just pay a flat 2.25 an hour and drivers live off tips? Maybe we can wear an apron and offer PAX free snacks and drink? Oh, I forgot many drivers already do that!

But whatever you do always smile, engage in pleasant conversation, and go for those 5 stars. We must earn those great badges! Maybe UBER could turn those badges into goverment cheese tokens we can use to get free cheese at Wal-Mart?

https://techcrunch.com/2016/02/18/uber-ceo-travis-kalanick-says-company-is-profitable-in-u-s/

Travis admitted that uber's Asian money pit was the real culprit behind their losses.

Remember, Travis said this 3 years ago, BEFORE upfront pricing, sky-high booking fees, and 50% cuts of our rides.

Now, in addition to Asia, uber's spending a fortune on SDCs, flying cars, scooters, etc. In other words, uber's spending a fortune in their effort to get rid of their drivers.

Uber is even MORE profitable in the US now than it was three years ago.

Uber's making big bucks on our rides. We're the ones stuck with the massive overhead on our rides, not uber.

It's bad enough being paid a piece of shit 60 cents per mile, it's even worse when drivers get blamed for uber's losses.

Fozzie

Lyft IPO is Friday. Short of a mass nationwide walk out sometime this week, there's little that can happen to stop them from screwing us. (and new investors)

Lessthanminimum

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah there will be no national walk out. LA Uber drivers may cause a slight disruption this week but even that is doubtful.

The only way Uber will change their ways is if drivers quit one by one until markets are negatively effected by a lack of ants. If Uber can get away with .20 a mile they will.

touberornottouber

Believe it or not but I think most veteran drivers are already looking for an exit. I know I am. I've already cut down how much I drive radically. I think if they keep cutting the pay and exploiting us they really do run the risk of losing all their drivers as crazy as that probably sounds.

Sure people will still do it when it surges and during peek times but they are going to have problems when it becomes a $3 an hour gig because no one will bother taking the pings.

Also as the pay went down I now do all I can to avoid short rides to the point where I refuse to accept pings from residential areas between :40 - :55 after the hour because they are almost always short trips with someone due to arrive at work on the hour. $3 simply isn't enough.

Alantc

I know what do u do

Gube

https://techcrunch.com/2016/02/18/uber-ceo-travis-kalanick-says-company-is-profitable-in-u-s/

Travis admitted that uber's Asian money pit was the real culprit behind their losses.

Remember, Travis said this 3 years ago, BEFORE upfront pricing, sky-high booking fees, and 50% cuts of our rides.

Now, in addition to Asia, uber's spending a fortune on SDCs, flying cars, scooters, etc. In other words, uber's spending a fortune in their effort to get rid of their drivers.

Uber is even MORE profitable in the US now than it was three years ago.

Uber's making big bucks on our rides. We're the ones stuck with the massive overhead on our rides, not uber.

It's bad enough being paid a piece of shit 60 cents per mile, it's even worse when drivers get blamed for uber's losses.
I didn't know travis is still alive.