Feeling nostalgic

CrimzonFiasco

FB_IMG_1516044366771.jpg

rtaatl

Yeah, that's when I started. I think I still have that sheet somewhere just to show people this is why people are angry now with Uber..lol

Dinoberra

There was no money in Uber at the time. Outside of airport runs there was no money. The demand was absent.

rtaatl

There was no money in Uber at the time. Outside of airport runs there was no money. The demand was absent.
Huh?!?! There was enough demand at that time because driver saturation was just becoming a problem. In fact you never saw anyone in Henry county.....now they're all the way down past Lovejoy. What do you mean by making a killing at the airport. You couldn't do pickups at one point because of the geofence, then when uber got rid of it people were getting busted for illegal pickups. Now the 35/45/55 dollar dropoffs were great, yet Monday, Tuesday and Friday morning were the best times if you were lucky enough to land them. Friday through Sunday had enough demand, just stay off Peachtree because too many rookies were cruising up and down it. Those old green surge squares were lying to us then too.

Dinoberra

Huh?!?! There was enough demand at that time because driver saturation was just becoming a problem. In fact you never saw anyone in Henry county.....now they're all the way down past Lovejoy. What do you mean by making a killing at the airport. You couldn't do pickups at one point because of the geofence, then when uber got rid of it people were getting busted for illegal pickups. Now the 35/45/55 dollar dropoffs were great, yet Monday, Tuesday and Friday morning were the best times if you were lucky enough to land them. Friday through Sunday had enough demand, just stay off Peachtree because too many rookies were cruising up and down it. Those old green surge squares were lying to us then too.
I've been making airport pickup for 4 years, we only ever made airport pickups until they killed the flat rate.

rex jones

Up front pricing says differently.

I am talking about across the board. You aren't wrong but, check out the fare details on every ride you do for a month and then get back to me. You will see negative numbers, .75 cents, 2.45 etc. They are playing a long game, just like most newer businesses, with coupons etc. They take bigger cuts on longer rides, especially airport rides, because they can.