Feeling depressed reading about the burning of a police station and the looting of a Target store in Minneapolis, MN, USA

doyousensehumor

btw, I noticed that no one has pointed out that one reason blacks may be disproportionately represented in the statistics could be that it is blacks perpetrating more crime. Not because blacks are any different than whites. That's a silly
If I were to attribute the trend to anything, it would be to poverty. Still, In real life, I judge people by their character, not what group they belong to.

Some of the most common denominators, are those raised in a fatherless home, are much more likely to become criminals. Becoming married before children, having that family structure, leads to more success and better morals.

_Tron_

We still need to find a way to change the "system". To change the culture. To be fair, a lot of effort has gone in to doing just that over the decades. We haven't figured out yet. We are in such desperate need for wise leadership.
Apologies for quoting myself. But it just occurred to me that one answer to the question of why we have not found a solution ties in to something I noticed driving for Uber. Transporting all those hundreds/thousands of strangers from point A to point B, I noticed an overwhelming number have one thing in common. So many people go through their daily lives in fear. Fear is always there in the background, and easily brought forward.

Not to wax philosophically, but fear is a function of the ego. Another function of the ego is pattern recognition. It's key to survival. As we evolved, humans had to be able to tell the good plants from the poisonous ones. The animals we could eat vs the animals that would eat us. In today's world it is perfectly natural that if someone sees the same race of human on the news night after night, year after year, committing a crime, that the person will fear people of that race. That's pattern recognition 101.

The way we pull out of that reflex of the mind is through rational thinking. Through reasoning. Through education that tells the truth about how the mind works (instead of being taught to be ashamed of such feelings) and provides tools to intellectually override such tendencies.

But we must embrace reason and logic. Emotionalism is not the way. Groups that want to control people know this, and use emotionalism to control them.

_Tron_

OMG they do look similar. Soros is the reincarnation of Palpatine!

I'm running down the street shouting the message to all the world with the fervor of Charlton Heston:
Soros is Palpatine!
Soros is Palpatine!
Soros is Palpatine!
Soros is Palpatine!

Wolfgang Faust

Apologies for quoting myself. But it just occurred to me that one answer to the question of why we have not found a solution ties in to something I noticed driving for Uber. Transporting all those hundreds/thousands of strangers from point A to point B, I noticed an overwhelming number have one thing in common. So many people go through their daily lives in fear. Fear is always there in the background, and easily brought forward.

Not to wax philosophically, but fear is a function of the ego. Another function of the ego is pattern recognition. It's key to survival. As we evolved, humans had to be able to tell the good plants from the poisonous ones. The animals we could eat vs the animals that would eat us. In today's world it is perfectly natural that if someone sees the same race of human on the news night after night, year after year, committing a crime, that the person will fear people of that race. That's pattern recognition 101.

The way we pull out of that reflex of the mind is through rational thinking. Through reasoning. Through education that tells the truth about how the mind works (instead of being taught to be ashamed of such feelings) and provides tools to intellectually override such tendencies.

But we must embrace reason and logic. Emotionalism is not the way. Groups that want to control people know this, and use emotionalism to control them.
Buddhism.

Go beyond, be the observer of the thought.

"The middle way"

Transcend duality.

DSC03930_2-1.JPG

Post automatically merged:

Say my name.

Patrick Underwood

My life mattered

FS_SLAIN_FEDERAL_OFFICER_PAT_UNDERWOOD.jpg

Last edited:

Valar Dohaeris

The last six or so nights have taken a toll on me. The CV-19 isolation hasn't helped. I'm not sure I have much faith in America going forward. How can we call ourselves united? We hate each other. We can't even agree as a society that looting - the act of taking things, at times with force, that don't belong to you - is wrong. I don't know how you rebound from that.

I guess the best thing we can do is try to seek out our own little corner somewhere in this vast country, live as comfortably and productively as we can, and stay out of the crosshairs of the bad guys.

sellkatsell44

The last six or so nights have taken a toll on me. The CV-19 isolation hasn't helped. I'm not sure I have much faith in America going forward. How can we call ourselves united? We hate each other. We can't even agree as a society that looting - the act of taking things, at times with force, that don't belong to you - is wrong. I don't know how you rebound from that.

I guess the best thing we can do is try to seek out our own little corner somewhere in this vast country, live as comfortably and productively as we can, and stay out of the crosshairs of the bad guys.
I think that looting in general is wrong.

I don’t think the looters should be grouped with the protestors.

I think that most of the protestors don’t care about the looters because they think the system is fked up anyway and the emotions behind their movement has made it so that they can’t think logically as @_Tron_ pointed out—

however, I will say that we, at this point, need to do something different.

protests get the attention but that’s the easy part. You know what the hard part is? Digging deep and coming to the table (both sides) and having open honest communication and then the work after. The day after day of work towards rebuilding what past grievances have caused.

sellkatsell44

Local resident helped police officer, was wondering why they shot at a teenager with rubber bullet and gets hit by rubber bullet himself.

I will never say all cops are bad but let’s be Real, they’re human as well with little live action training (as how can one simulate this?)

AC72A766-D56C-44C5-B235-1BD1FB7B7743.jpeg

tohunt4me

Local resident helped police officer, was wondering why they shot at a teenager with rubber bullet and gets hit by rubber bullet himself.

I will never say all cops are bad but let’s be Real, they’re human as well with little live action training (as how can one simulate this?)

View attachment 469741
Its the Son of Mr. Doom !
Screenshot_2020-03-30-01-55-49.png

Post automatically merged:

ANTIFA is toast.
NSA has sig intel on them.

FOLLOW THE MONEY

View attachment 469611

More bricks!
Yaay!

It IS STAGED !

Attachments

NicFit

Coronavirus and all the scolds are taking a break, out of reverence for the riots.

However, that doesn't mean YOU can go outside for a walk. Please remain indoors and consider the sins of your skin color.
This is utter racist crap that keeps these riots going, and by the way I typed this after going out on my 1am walk, in the Bay Area, no one is going to tell me to remain indoors.

ColdRider

So much destruction. These are the sirens that kept me up last night.

Watch the vid and see that one guy hiding in the store was carrying a firearm. Probably doesn't have a concealed carry permit. What's worse is that he'll probably get probation and a foot massage from Cook County state attorney, Kim Foxx. 🤦‍♂️

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
One of the hardest hit communities in Seattle, the International District (formerly known as Chinatown) since the pandemic hit, had taken even a further beating.

They lost a lot of money from fear of the Coronavirus when it hit. Then they became the targets of hate crime attacks. Now they were again targeted during the riots. It looks like ignorance is trying to run out our local Asian community.

Coronavirus fears impacting businesses in Seattle's Chinatown-International District

SEATTLE — Some Seattle businesses said fear about the 2019 novel coronavirus is driving customers away and hurting their bottom line.
The business community in the Chinatown-International District is calling this a frustrating time and hope for more understanding than fear from the general public.

Active, ongoing investigation of bias crimes targeting Asian Americans

SEATTLE — Investigators are looking for a suspect they say is targeting Asian Americans.
According to Seattle police, the suspect began attacking several Asian restaurants Saturday before targeting people at Golden Gardens Park.

Asian-Americans in Seattle face racist stigma, vandalism

SEATTLE -- Seattle’s International District is reeling from the damage left behind by mobs bent on destruction.

Police recorded dozens of businesses hit with vandalism and damage during this weekend’s unrest.

All of this while Asian-Americans in our city are reporting an increase in hate crimes – some worry it's connected to misplaced anger over coronavirus.