• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Feel sorry for Addison lee

Amb

Been getting paid more for acc work then cash which is stupid
Yeap..doing more acc work midweek to cover the shortfall on weekends. I had to cxl a £22 job from G.A.Y to SE10 and I was not in a mood to do it. I was in Euston when I got the job. :eek: £13 after comm for a 9 miles job.

Dubs666

Yeap..doing more acc work midweek to cover the shortfall on weekends. I had to cxl a £22 job from G.A.Y to SE10 and I was not in a mood to do it. I was in Euston when I got the job. :eek: £13 after comm for a 9 miles job.
I done a Chelmsford to t3 acc ,it paid £112 , I checked cash quote and it showed £103 !.

Last edited:

driver84

this week they going to announce about this. they have lowered the prices but not their commission. if not changes i am sorry to say but it loooks like back to uber.

Drive4fun

Add Lee was last good to work till Christmas 2014. Since that time company went into slow death. The entire industry is affected by the syndrome called: Uber.

D Driver

It was not good to work Add Lee since 2008 with moments here and there. Drivers earnings now down 30% since 2014

Alan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Addison Lee drops off-peak and weekend prices by a third
2016-02-19

Premium quality service and great off -peak prices are a winning combination, say Addison Lee customers.

Off Peak Fares with Addison Lee
February 19, 2016, London, UK. Press Dispensary.Addison Lee now offers one of the most competitively priced minicab services in London. It has reduced its off-peak and weekend fares by a third, as it further expands its share of London's £3 billion minicab market.

The new prices are the latest salvo in Addison Lee's expansion plans and follows its 40% growth in app bookings in 2015, and its busiest ever Christmas with app journeys up by 44%.

Andy Boland, Addison Lee's chief executive officer, says, "Reducing our off peak and weekend fares by a third will make a big difference to our passengers. It will not only save them money but significantly increase bookings during the day. This is fantastic news for Londoners because we now offer one of the most competitively priced minicab services along with the best drivers, the best cars and the best customer service in town."

During December, Addison Lee carried out detailed research with its customers, which highlighted the demand for reduced off-peak and weekend fares. Passengers said this service would considerably increase their use of Addison Lee because it combined great fares with the safest and highest quality service in the capital. They also said they were sick of paying vastly inflated surge prices from entrants during the weekend.

The research also showed that a 33% reduction in fares would make it one of the most attractively priced minicab services in London. Regardless of when they travel, Addison Lee passengers will always be given an upfront fixed price, so they know what they will be charged before they get into the vehicles.

Passengers will get an average of a third off in weekend and off-peak fares under the offer, which began on Wednesday. It will apply to all journeys made during weekdays between midnight-5am, 9am-5pm, and 7pm-9pm; and all weekend. Bookings can be made through the Addison Lee app or by phone. This offer excludes account bookings.

Andy Boland, Addison Lee's chief executive officer, adds, "A lot of people want to use Addison Lee at weekends so we are cutting our fares by a third to help them. Londoners are sick of being charged vastly inflated surge prices at weekends by new entrants. What Addison Lee is doing is reversing the surge and then some. We now have a truly unbeatable offer. We are offering great prices combined with the industry's most highly trained drivers and a premium service."

The off-peak and weekend reduction follows Addison Lee's highly successful Christmas ad campaign, 'Have a surge free Christmas' which resulted in a 44% increase in app bookings. Addison Lee has gone from strength to strength in all parts of its operations during 2015: there was a 40% rise in international business and a 17% increase in its courier service.

- ends -

Notes for editors

About Addison Lee:

• Founded in Battersea in 1975, Addison Lee is Europe's largest minicab company.

• Addison Lee offers a full range of Premier VIP chauffeur services, international delivery services, couriers and executive coaches.

• With a luxury fleet of 4,800 premium minicabs, Addison Lee uses bespoke auto allocator software, offering an average pick up time of four minutes in Central London with a fulfilment rate that stands at 99%.

• The new and improved Addison Lee app has been designed to make getting around easier - the revolutionary 'take me home' function means you can book a cab home in just two simple taps.

• Addison Lee has won 11 business awards and numerous environmental awards including the 2015 Green Fleet Award for Private Hire/Taxi Company of the Year.

For further information, please contact:

Addison Lee
Sareen Gosal (Media Zoo) 020 7384 6980 / 0752 249 0587
Feisal Ali (Media Zoo) 020 7384 6980 / 078 5595 8885
Email: press@addisonlee.com
Site: http://www.addisonlee.com

Alan

They have done a good job , that's the only way to compete with uber by reducing the price black cabbie should also the same

Alan

If I were Addison lee owner I would reduce the minimum fare to £4 .

Caxap

To be honest, since AL dropped prices work load did increase. But pay is shait. Many drivers aren't happy so reckon there will be more 'new Uber' drivers. There won't be that much of a difference in 'take home' between AL and U, apart that with U you get more freedom to pull off cowboy moves.

But yeah, race to the bottom has started.

Dubs666

To be honest, since AL dropped prices work load did increase. But pay is shait. Many drivers aren't happy so reckon there will be more 'new Uber' drivers. There won't be that much of a difference in 'take home' between AL and U, apart that with U you get more freedom to pull off cowboy moves.

But yeah, race to the bottom has started.
Yes there has been more jobs and luckily for me I have been getting jobs from my area(Suffolk) to Heathrow nearly everyday since the price drop so have been working less and doing less jobs but making more. Not sure if that's to do with the price drop or not, will find out over the next few weeks

Amb

I used to do longer hours on weekends but not any more. You can recoup some of that roubles lost on w/n doing acc works especially peak periods.