1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Febreze is Bad for Your Health : (

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UberLaLa, May 30, 2018.

1. UberLaLa

UberLaLa

Sorry to mention this, but spraying chemicals in your car, then sitting there and breathing them in, is not good. Actually, very bad for us...

https://healthandlovepage.com/17-surprising-reasons-you-should-stop-using-febreze-immediately/

Ingredients Found in Febreze

The following is a list of only some of the chemicals that were identified with the EWG test conducted on Febreze Air Effects air freshener. All of them are toxic to humans .

• BHT – BHT is an endocrine disruptor, neurotoxin and causes toxicity in non-reproductive organs, immune system and irritates both lungs and eyes.
    • Fragrance – This ingredient is listed, but this still doesn’t change the fact that it is an immunotoxin, neurotoxin and allergen.
    • Acetaldehyde – Acetaldehyde has been linked to cancer and it is known as a strong toxin that affects immunity, reproduction and development. In addition it irritates the eyes, lungs and skin.
    • 1.3-Dichloro-2-propanol – This substance can lead to cancer
    • Propylene Glycol – It causes allergies, cancer, builds-up in the body, toxic to immune system and non-reproductive organ system. It is also a skin, lung and eye irritant.
    • Limonene – It irritates the eyes, skin and lungs. It is an allergen and immunotoxin.
    • Alcohol denatured – This is another ingredient that is officially listed in Febreze. It was related to cancer and can lead to reproductive and developmental toxicity.
    • Methyl pyrrolidone – Immunotoxin and allergen, toxic to development and reproduction and acts as a lung, eye and skin irritation.
    • Ethyl acetate – This ingredient was linked to neurotoxicity, reproductive and developmental toxicity, lung, skin and eye irritation and organic system toxicity.
    • Butylphenyl methylpropional – immunotoxin, allergen and lung, eyes and skin irritation.
    • Linalool – Causes irritation in eyes, lungs and skin, a well-known immunotoxin and allergen.
    • Geraniol – Can contribute to the development of allergies. Geraniol is also linked to organic system toxicity, immunotoxicity and eyes, lung and skin irritation.
    • Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether – toxic for the non-reproductive organ system
    • Benzaldehyde – neurotoxin that can irritate the lungs, eyes and skin.
    • Hexyl cinnamal – immunotoxin, allergen, irritator of the skin, lung and eyes.
    • Ethylhexanol – reproductive and developmental toxin that can cause irritation in the eyes, lungs and skin.
    • And few dozen more. You can check the list at the Environmental Working Group website.
    https://cvskinlabs.com/7-reasons-why-you-shouldnt-use-febreze-or-other-chemical-air-fresheners/

https://healthyliving.azcentral.com/the-hazardous-effects-of-febreze-12535599.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...p-smelly-compounds-making-invisible-nose.html

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Ziggy, samsax, Sydney Uber and 18 others like this.
  2. somedriverguy

somedriverguy

Driving:
    UberXL
    Now you tell me. Sheesh.

3. UberLaLa

UberLaLa

Annoyed at myself for finding this : /

Not sure which is worse, stink of stinky passengers or dying from all the above. :confused:

4. U phoria

U phoria

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Sitting under landing planes is 10x worse

5. UberLaLa

UberLaLa

I sit quite a bit East of the lot, never been there. But yeah, this driving stuff looking not good for one's health. o_O

U phoria and KekeLo like this.

6. "your dad died so young"

-"he was a rideshare driver"

"Oh sorry, didn't know"

7. UberLaLa

UberLaLa

'R-DEDS'

Rideshare Driver Early Death Syndrome

:eek::rolleyes:

8. Dice Man

Dice Man

Driving:
    UberX
    Febrese or not you will die any way.

9. uber-xxx

uber-xxx

10. Had a exterminator tell me that the chemicals used in Ozium are the same ones he uses. I found a decent alternative. Still won't sit in the car right after spraying.

download.jpeg

UberLaLa, RUSSREED2.0 and KekeLo like this.
  11. Showa50

Showa50

Driving:
    UberX
    Just mix up what you eat. The difference in fart smells will balance out

Ziggy, Uberyouber, Shynrix and 13 others like this.
  12. jazzapt

jazzapt

UberLaLa likes this.
  13. What about the little tree air fresheners we put around the rear view mirrors?...r those deadly too?

samsax and UberLaLa like this.
  14. LoveBC

LoveBC

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Every thing is deadly.

The air we breathe
    The beverages we drink
    The food we eat
    The sun

Can’t fear the reaper.

15. sadboy

sadboy

I hate all of you for ruining this for me..... I spray Ozium like crazy with the AC full blast. Now I find this out!!!

People smell so bad, it's like picking the lesser of two evils

16. jazzapt

jazzapt

When I am told I can't even eat romaine lettuce, it's time to stop worrying about what foods will kill me.

17. U phoria

U phoria

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Change out your cabin filter with a baking soda lined one, and change it often

Wombat7, Dice Man, Blingin and 2 others like this.
  18. delornick94

delornick94

Driving:
    UberX
    I guess it's not good to huff febreeze as well?

UberLaLa likes this.
  19. Baking soda kills also.

UberLaLa likes this.
  20. sadboy

sadboy

We all gonna die one day, no sense of worrying about the little things that can kill you

DocT and UberLaLa like this.