Favorite lunch spots???

Aharm

i lunch before i drive in east bay and dinner at like 2am. usually just eggs, ham, bacon, sausage.

MrA

Pica Pica on Valencia and 15th or there abouts. Venezuelan street food is what they claim it is. Tried the arepas and they are delicious. Then coffee at Four barrel a few doors down. I also like House of Slice. It's next door, around the corner, to Tony's pizza on Stockton, same owner. There is also a House Of Slice on 2nd in ATT park area. I haven't made it to that one yet. I don't know my way around SF. I set my car navigation to one of these places, and most of the time while trying to get there, I never make it staying busy with pings. That's my driving strategy.

Last edited:

TheWanderer

Pica Pica on Mission and 15th or there abouts. Venezuelan street food is what they claim it is. Tried the arepas and they are delicious. Then coffee at Four barrel a few doors down. I also like House of Slice. It's next door, around the corner, to Tony's pizza on Stockton, same owner. There is also a House Of Slice on 2nd in ATT park area. I haven't made it to that one yet. I don't know my way around SF. I set my car navigation to one of these places, and most of the time while trying to get there, I never make it staying busy with pings. That's my driving strategy.
I live a block from tonys. That place is great.

Last edited:

SirSurge

Pica Pica on Mission and 15th or there abouts. Venezuelan street food is what they claim it is. Tried the arepas and they are delicious. Then coffee at Four barrel a few doors down. I also like House of Slice. It's next door, around the corner, to Tony's pizza on Stockton, same owner. There is also a House Of Slice on 2nd in ATT park area. I haven't made it to that one yet. I don't know my way around SF. I set my car navigation to one of these places, and most of the time while trying to get there, I never make it staying busy with pings. That's my driving strategy.

There's a grouoon for pica pica, check that out it might still be available. It was indeed delicious

Strange Fruit

Top Dog in Berkeley. Sandwich during daytime at Safeway--daytime since self-serve check-out. It's all about good, quick food.
Safeway is good. The Marina one is good for surreptitiously stuffing a sushi package in your bag while you wait for sandwich to be made. When you're white in a "nice" neighborhood, shoplifting is fun & useful. I like the aged English white cheddar wrapped in cellophane. Fits in pockets easily and is a compact source of protein/fat calories to fit in center console for on the go energy. And it's delicious.

6%;3htî

Pica Pica on Valencia and 15th or there abouts. Venezuelan street food is what they claim it is. Tried the arepas and they are delicious. Then coffee at Four barrel a few doors down. I also like House of Slice. It's next door, around the corner, to Tony's pizza on Stockton, same owner. There is also a House Of Slice on 2nd in ATT park area. I haven't made it to that one yet. I don't know my way around SF. I set my car navigation to one of these places, and most of the time while trying to get there, I never make it staying busy with pings. That's my driving strategy.
where do you park for tonys? theres none

6%;3htî

I live a block from tonys. That place is great.
i went there twice. 1st time i was turned off by the hideous and loud rap music (i like that music but not when im going to eat and want service. it depicted the workers hate their job) and staff with big ear lobe rings and tatts (same depiction as above + low iq). service too slow and when got slice it had so much garlic i couldnt eat it. i had never asked for garlic. they should ask customer if they want garlic or not.
i liked the crust and want to go back but can never find parking.
2nd time i was in line FOREVER and it didn't move. i left. ridiculous. I hate all the sf hype long lines for places. the places then offer bad service/food. not worth it.

6%;3htî

Safeway is good. The Marina one is good for surreptitiously stuffing a sushi package in your bag while you wait for sandwich to be made. When you're white in a "nice" neighborhood, shoplifting is fun & useful. I like the aged English white cheddar wrapped in cellophane. Fits in pockets easily and is a compact source of protein/fat calories to fit in center console for on the go energy. And it's delicious.
OH MY GOD TOO FUNNY!!!! had me laughing out loud for sure. im still smiling. see you at marina safeway!

nash801

I do this too. Esp fun at whole foods when there's security.
Have you done this at wf? W/ security?
Report back

TheWanderer

i went there twice. 1st time i was turned off by the hideous and loud rap music (i like that music but not when im going to eat and want service. it depicted the workers hate their job) and staff with big ear lobe rings and tatts (same depiction as above + low iq). service too slow and when got slice it had so much garlic i couldnt eat it. i had never asked for garlic. they should ask customer if they want garlic or not.
i liked the crust and want to go back but can never find parking.
2nd time i was in line FOREVER and it didn't move. i left. ridiculous. I hate all the sf hype long lines for places. the places then offer bad service/food. not worth it.
Yeah if there is a line more than 3 people i dont even bother. That is strange about the garlic though, did they put it on before goving it to you? Also what pizza did you get?