Favorite 20 Minutes of the Night

chinook101

Picked up a girl in Georgetown for a drop near Nationals Park and got stuck in end of game traffic. I decided to pull over and let things clear out a bit and I got the first ping, 1 minute away. I drove there and parked. No show, cancelled. Then before I could get a break in traffic, another request. Same location, different name...waited, no show, cancel. Did this one more time, different name, before I got a request up the road and went on my way.

Made me laugh out loud. There were so many people on the street, I bet my riders probably walked past me twice.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Fast Times @ UBER

Picked up a girl in Georgetown for a drop near Nationals Park and got stuck in end of game traffic. I decided to pull over and let things clear out a bit and I got the first ping, 1 minute away. I drove there and parked. No show, cancelled. Then before I could get a break in traffic, another request. Same location, different name...waited, no show, cancel. Did this one more time, different name, before I got a request up the road and went on my way.

Made me laugh out loud. There were so many people on the street, I bet my riders probably walked past me twice.

View attachment 158956
This almost brought a tear to my eye.

yankdog

I love this strategy. Park a couple blocks off u street and wait. Apply your strategy. $25/hr. No gas used.

Upside

How high were the surges? How much did you lose by taking the $3.75 and not putting in a little effort for maybe a $50 or more trip? What was the destination for these trips

Jo3030

a "maybe" $50 trip means people walk out to you in time and not make you wait.