Fastest Pick Up Time

Driving and Driven

I accepted a ping and looked at the map to see that I just happened to be passing them on the street. I looked over and there they were. I made a quick U-turn and had them in the car in less than a minute.

(This may not be unusual to some but I have less than sixty trips so far and thought it was pretty humorous...anyway...)

What is the fastest or most bizarre or humorous quick pickup story you've experienced or heard?

wk1102

I accepted a ping and looked at the map to see that I just happened to be passing them on the street. I looked over and there they were. I made a quick U-turn and had them in the car in less than a minute.

(This may not be unusual to some but I have less than sixty trips so far and thought it was pretty humorous...anyway...)

What is the fastest or most bizarre or humorous quick pickup story you've experienced or heard?

I made a drop and pulled into a parking lot after the drop to wait for a ping. Someone tapped on my window and asked if I was and Uber driver, I said yep. They pinged and got in.

tohunt4me

Often I get pick ups at a drop off location.
Bars,popular restaurants,music venues,some hotels at certain times,conventions,bus and rail station.

After a while you learn where to park and turn engine off at a drop off.

Strangest one was a stacked pings after a $4.00 trip dropping a woman from one bar to another at 5 a.M. .1/2 a block around the corner my pickup was an airport run it was a 12 MILE $105.00 surge trip that took me 18 minutes.

Never even knew it was surge until I ended the trip.

sporadic

Twice I was just around the corner. Ping comes in saying 1 min ETA. Both times I got the cancel fee too... :biggrin: Request when ready!!!

tamalama

I dropped off at Union Station...she was awesome..got a ping....the passenger I let out heard the new riders say my name and directed them to exactly where I was. Both riders were awesome and I laughed my butt off all the way to Manhattan Beach..best 2 hours of my uber life. I wish this paid more because I genuinly enjoy these experiences.

bingybingyfoo

Lol, that became my standard response for awhile, when pax would ask how I liked the job- if it paid twice as much, I might not do anything else!

Mex123

5 seconds. Dropped a couple off at Disneyland, while driving there i accepted a ping request. They were they waiting for the first couple to get off then they got it right away.

steveK2016

Uber updated their algorithm sometime recently so that it matches pickups with drivers doing a drop off. I receive several pings from people requesting Uber right where I had just dropped someone off. I love those.

PTUber

Numerous times I get a stacked ping picking someone up where I am dropping off the PAX. The best "closest " I had was 2 houses up from mine. Since I start from my living room I didn't have to go far!

Dutch-Ub

My first day I had a pick-up and drop off at the same club. I did not understand what was going on, so i started trip, drove of without the pax thinking i'm heading towards their pick-up location.

rhodytarheel

Happens to me pretty often doing the late night shift...drop someone at a popular bar, and not all that uncommon to have a ping at same location (often comes in before first ride is even done)

less than 10 seconds...

Was sitting at a red light...right lane....got a ping...
accepted the ride, person was at a deli right behind a gas station on the corner.
turned right, then 100 feet turned left, and I was there.

The couple just stood there looking at my car and
didn't realize I was their Uber ride. at this point only about 6-7 seconds had passed..

I rolled down my window and asked them if they were waiting on Uber.
and they said " Stan ? " me: " Yeah "

They get in the car.. " How did you get here so fast ? we literally just
requested !! "

Me: " I am stalking you two "

They lose their minds laughing...

Driving and Driven

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was driving down the street, got a ping, accepted it and saw the pin on the map. Looked up to see the pax looking at me as I passed them on the side of the street. Made a quick u-turn and picked them up.

rideshareMN

once in awhile i'll get pings at a drop off location (like a bar, or a hotel); the wildest one I had was once when I pulled over to take a break, sat there for a couple minutes, got a ping--literally rotated my tires once and it said I had reached my destination...looked around and sitting on her deck next to my car was a woman with a suitcase!

Wardell Curry

I was parked in front of the hotel I just dropped off at. As I was about to leave, ping comes. Same hotel and the person is waiting right outside with luggage. Whole thing took about 10 seconds. Airport trip with 5 dollar tip.