Fasten Problems

Yankee

I've been losing a LOT of fares when the navigation sends me to the wrong pick up location (sometimes in another part of town), or the wrong address input (pax repeatedly claiming they don't know where the address came from) and a intermittent breakdown in the text/call function. 50% of the time I cannot contact the pax as calls/texts don't go thru. Fasten Driver Support has proven worse than Uber's, pretending they never heard of these problems. Anyone else having this problem?

Jay Dean

I haven't had issues with pickup location or contact, I am using a Samsung s.84 tablet and it all works really well. Have you tried to reinstall the app? Are you using iPhone or android, also naturally turning wifi off seems to eliminate a lot of connection problems as you drive it always likes to reach for a different connection instead of cell etc just throwing ideas out there, it's been a few weeks since I have driven so things could of changed with an update etc hope any of that is of some help

Yankee

I haven't had issues with pickup location or contact, I am using a Samsung s.84 tablet and it all works really well. Have you tried to reinstall the app? Are you using iPhone or android, also naturally turning wifi off seems to eliminate a lot of connection problems as you drive it always likes to reach for a different connection instead of cell etc just throwing ideas out there, it's been a few weeks since I have driven so things could of changed with an update etc hope any of that is of some help
Thanks Jay. I'm using an Android, never on Wifi. Most of the more severe probs have occurred within the past 2 weeks. I hear they installed an update on the 29th of Nov. Maybe I'll reinstall. Thank you!

BobbyATX

It's probably just congestion on the server. Will clear up as they upgrade and add servers. Growing pains. Fasten has grabbed a huge amount of market share over the past few weeks through their heavy advertising campaign. Uber had the same problem off and on as they grew in Austin. Plus cel coverage is VERY spotty in the high traffic areas.

Yankee

It's probably just congestion on the server. Will clear up as they upgrade and add servers. Growing pains. Fasten has grabbed a huge amount of market share over the past few weeks through their heavy advertising campaign. Uber had the same problem off and on as they grew in Austin. Plus cel coverage is VERY spotty in the high traffic areas.
Thanks Bobby! I'm getting complaints from just about all of my pax about this problem, and see a ton of complaints on the app store about it. Hopefully they'll clear it up soon.

El Gato

hmm...maybe this is why I've seen an uptake in my Fare requests these past couple of weeks, after a dead period.

BobbyATX

Airport is out of control. How are there cars at the terminal. I thought they couldn't be on the property? No Geofence? How is this Fare to the other TNC's?

Yankee

Airport is out of control. How are there cars at the terminal. I thought they couldn't be on the property? No Geofence? How is this Fare to the other TNC's?

I dropped pax off at the airport twice today, and got ZERO coming out. I was out for 5 hours and got 5 pings all day long. My guess is Fasten pulled a classic Uber: on-board a zillion drivers for the holidays so now we climb all over each other like rats. I'm making between $7- $10/hour with this gig. At least with Uber the app worked most of the time.

Sgt_PaxHauler

I'm pretty sure that Fasten doesn't have an airport queue, so the pings are going to the folks who park at the gas station (taking up spaces that could go to their other customers) or spoofing their GPS to somewhere on Airport property. (like the Arrival terminals?)

Thankfully, Ride|Austin has a working airport queue. The base fare on Standard may be Uber-low, but (at least for now) there's no Uber-sized cut taken out of it. My first day was all airport pickups. It could've been busier, and I was hoping for a trip out to a Round Rock (or Georgetown!) hotel, but it was a bit better than 1 ping/hr.

Yankee

I'm pretty sure that Fasten doesn't have an airport queue, so the pings are going to the folks who park at the gas station (taking up spaces that could go to their other customers) or spoofing their GPS to somewhere on Airport property. (like the Arrival terminals?)

Thankfully, Ride|Austin has a working airport queue. The base fare on Standard may be Uber-low, but (at least for now) there's no Uber-sized cut taken out of it. My first day was all airport pickups. It could've been busier, and I was hoping for a trip out to a Round Rock (or Georgetown!) hotel, but it was a bit better than 1 ping/hr.

nah, I've gotten plenty of pings from within the airport while driving fasten. Just not so much lately. Fasten with their $4.00 rides and on-boarding a zillion drivers, has turned into a cheap version of uber. But thanks to their miniscule fares, they're wiping out the competition. Sad.