Fasten App Payday...

BlackScionRollin

So I'm sitting here, curious since it's after midnight what my pay statement this week was going to look like with Fasten. AMAZING, the certain but inevitable betrayal has arrived. When I signed up was told specifically that for the first month NO Per Ride Fees... guess what, that's right boys and girls... they started withdrawing the per ride fees on top of those credit card processing fees no one ever mentioned, ever, early. Because unless my grade school, high school, college, & Google Calendar are mistaken June 1st until June 26 are still in the same month. Needs to be fixed, I'm gonna go thru the paperwork when I get home from onboarding day since I'm a hoarder about that kinda stuff, I remember that being printed out. Fasten get it straight. I hate typing these things, I like to drive and make money not finding surprises at 1:30am, unless it's the strippers that live next door coming over for Game of Thrones on the DVR.

Jay Dean

I do miss the total payout option as you go so you have a clear understanding what is being made, I guess they cannot process all the fees until the end..

Last edited:

Ziggy

I do miss the total payout option as you go so you have a clear understanding what is being made, I guess they cannot process all the fees until the end..
Easy math ...
Gross Fares X 4% = Credit Card Processing*
# Rides X $0.99 = Rides Fee
*actually, it's only 3.96% ... but it's quicker to use 4% and be pleasantly surprised that you made a few extra cents :smiles:

Ziggy

So I'm sitting here, curious since it's after midnight what my pay statement this week was going to look like with Fasten. AMAZING, the certain but inevitable betrayal has arrived. When I signed up was told specifically that for the first month NO Per Ride Fees... guess what, that's right boys and girls... they started withdrawing the per ride fees on top of those credit card processing fees no one ever mentioned, ever, early. Because unless my grade school, high school, college, & Google Calendar are mistaken June 1st until June 26 are still in the same month. Needs to be fixed, I'm gonna go thru the paperwork when I get home from onboarding day since I'm a hoarder about that kinda stuff, I remember that being printed out. Fasten get it straight. I hate typing these things, I like to drive and make money not finding surprises at 1:30am, unless it's the strippers that live next door coming over for Game of Thrones on the DVR.
Granted, they should have told drivers that they'd be paying the Credit Card Processing fee ... but someone has to; and there isn't enough skin in the 99¢ to pay both the credit card fee and pay operating costs for Fasten.

Case in point, let's say you took 22 trips for gross fare of $436 ... here's the UberX vs. Fasten difference ... and this is assuming that Uber only took $1.40 booking fee (SRF) - as I've seen Austin SRF range from $1.40-$3.81.

Note, I only did this for UberX; but UberXL, Select, Lux earnings would have been a lot less. Makes Fasten a lot more palatable to drive for, now that I've seen these numbers. Albeit, I do miss the $120 Lakeway trips on UberLux :frown:

BlackScionRollin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What I was referring to actually was... Fasten stated in their onboarding that the .99 per ride fee would not be taken out during the first month, I am not talking about the CC processing. If you look at your statement in your stats for this week you will see what I am talking about but I will post this to illustrate. Point 1) it is still June, still the first month so there should not be any "per ride" deductions per their paperwork from onboarding (not talking about the cc fees, which is still bad since at zero point they didn't bring it up). Point 2) They took out .99 cents per ride. Point 3) IT IS STILL JUNE

Attachments

Ziggy

What I was referring to actually was... Fasten stated in their onboarding that the .99 per ride fee would not be taken out during the first month, I am not talking about the CC processing. If you look at your statement in your stats for this week you will see what I am talking about but I will post this to illustrate. Point 1) it is still June, still the first month so there should not be any "per ride" deductions per their paperwork from onboarding (not talking about the cc fees, which is still bad since at zero point they didn't bring it up). Point 2) They took out .99 cents per ride. Point 3) IT IS STILL JUNE
Sorry ... I misunderstood.
  1. I agree ... they should have told drivers that they would deduct cc fees.
  2. I don't think I saw the "No Fees" promotion you mentioned. I know that I missed out on the 80 rides = $1,000 promotions :frown:
Overall, I'm pleased with Fasten ... except their lack of transparency

BlackScionRollin

It is in the packet they gave us when we onboarded at the Omni, I save every piece of paper (really it is a curse and have to purge my junk drawer every week) anyways here is a shot of the page I am referring to. The guy Bob that walked me thru the onboarding made a big deal about it, so it stuck in my head.

Attachments

Ziggy

It is in the packet they gave us when we onboarded at the Omni, I save every piece of paper (really it is a curse and have to purge my junk drawer every week) anyways here is a shot of the page I am referring to. The guy Bob that walked me thru the onboarding made a big deal about it, so it stuck in my head.
Thanks for showing that to me ... I didn't onboard at the Omni ... I onboarded via the app; and went to ACC a couple of days ago to get Trade Dress. Truthfully, until this weekend, I wasn't sure I was going to drive for Fasten ... due to no tip and no destination info; but I had a far better weekend with Fasten than Fare ... so they got my attention

BlackScionRollin

Got an email from Fasten, they fixed the issue. It is not the best money BUT it is consistent, they resolve issues fast...

Fasten Austin

Some promo codes did not work properly. We will happily address them, and apologize for the mishap. As deceitful it may have seemed to you, it was not, only more embarrassing for us. Let's call them growing pains.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ziggy

Kudos Fasten Austin ... best payday process in Austin so far.

Pay period ended Sunday (I think midnight) ... got email from Bill.com on Tuesday that pay was enroute ... Wednesday found money in the bank.

Lisa G

I was wondering about the code that you give out to folks for their first ride. They get $20.00 and you get $10.00. When do you get paid for that? BTW I really like Fasten and the people in Austin have been very receptive to the app. No complaints here!