1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Fast/Easy way to send Route to Google Maps?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Schmanthony, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Schmanthony

Schmanthony New Member

I prefer to use Uber as my primary navigation, but I also choose to run Google Maps in parallel with the same destination whenever it's a longer trip or whenever I have doubts about the route that Uber is using.

I have to do this manually by looking at the destination address in Uber, memorizing it, opening Google Maps, and entering the address by hand. This is tedious and sometimes hard to do in traffic. Does anyone know a better way to accomplish this?

2. dctcmn

dctcmn Well-Known Member

Uber App>Account>Settings>Navigation>Google Maps

Hit the "Navigate" button when the trip loads.

lx9 and reg barclay like this.
  3. MHR

MHR Well-Known Member

Use Google as your map of choice in the Uber app. Then when it loads just go back to to the driver app. The driver app will always show the directions and Google will run in the background

reg barclay likes this.
  4. Schmanthony

Schmanthony New Member

I don't want Google Maps to open right away when I start a trip. I want the choice on a trip-by-trip basis to open Google maps with the destination (or not). I'd love a button on the Uber app's map that would do this. It would be a nice replacement for the utterly useless "play music" button.

5. dctcmn

dctcmn Well-Known Member

It won't open until you hit the "Navigate" button.

MHR and reg barclay like this.
  6. Schmanthony

Schmanthony New Member

I don't want Google maps to open when I hit "navigate". I want Uber to do the navigation when I hit that button.

I know I can set Google maps as my primary navigation, and I know how that works, but I don't like it.

7. dctcmn

dctcmn Well-Known Member

Uber still does the navigation parallel with Gmaps in a separate window after you hit 'navigate'

I don't know what more you want, except to be annoying.

lx9, -JR-, Xeverrer and 5 others like this.
  8. Stationary Breeze

Stationary Breeze New Member

Go on your phone. Hold your Uber app shortcut and drag it down to the bottom. A little can will show up. Drop the icon on can. A small window will pop up, just hit yes. This will enable you to open new options. There you can choose your map.

dctcmn likes this.
  9. reg barclay

reg barclay Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Once you start a ride, the app will display Ubers navigation, even if you don't hit 'navigate' (at least that's how it works on my phone). Hitting the navigate button will then open Google Maps on a separate screen, if you have it set as your default navigation app.

MHR likes this.
  10. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I don't want the channel on my TV to change when I hit channel up.

Any ideas?

lx9, -JR-, gabesdaddee and 7 others like this.
  11. kc ub'ing!

kc ub'ing! Well-Known Member

I want to run Waze along with Ubernav and Googlemaps. I like to have 3 navs going for each trip. I know this sounds irrational and stupid but the heart wants what it wants!

Surgeio, unPat, dctcmn and 2 others like this.
  12. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Well-Known Member

You also said in your OP that you have to manually enter the address with GoogleMaps. You don't have to do that if you hit navigate as it will autoload the destination and you can switch back and forth between the two whenever you want. The only issue I have is the address is not displayed and sometimes it shows the destination as actual coordinates instead of an address, but like I said you can switch back and forth, although you may have both apps talking to you if you go back to Uber without exiting the navigation with Google.

MHR likes this.
  13. dctcmn

dctcmn Well-Known Member

You could take the batteries out of your remote.

-JR-, Coachman, MHR and 1 other person like this.
  14. Cableguynoe

Obviously I want the channel down to work, smarty pants. Just not the channel up.

But I still want to push the button.
    So it needs to be disabled somehow.

MHR and kc ub'ing! like this.
  15. dctcmn

dctcmn Well-Known Member

You could get a programmable remote and just not program the up button.

Cableguynoe likes this.
  16. Cableguynoe

Finally! Looks like I might be getting somewhere!

MHR and dctcmn like this.
  17. dctcmn

dctcmn Well-Known Member

Your problems are light years easier to solve than SchmanthonySchmanthony 's. He would have told me that he didn't want to pay for a new remote and he wanted to do it with his current remote.

Cableguynoe and MHR like this.
  18. Cableguynoe

I'm a reasonable man

19. kc ub'ing!

kc ub'ing! Well-Known Member

There goes dctcmn extolling technology. It’s the bidet debate all over again! Sounds funny, bidet debate bidet debate bidet debate!

Cableguynoe likes this.
  20. Friendly Jack

Friendly Jack Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Just hold your finger over the infrared bulb when you push the up button. This method deactivates the channel up button on my remote. ;)

Cableguynoe likes this.