Farmers insurance email

ShadyBrady

I got that too. Let's see if I understand this ... this insurance will cover me 1) when I go online and am sitting in a parking lot waiting for my first ride, and 2) when I drop off a pax and drive to the nearest place to await my next ride.

I hope it doesn't cost more than about $10 a month.

IsleDrive

Didn't get the email but read where Farmers offers us special Florida folks this plan, through their Foremost brand. My insurance agent hadn't heard of it and I don't like the feeling of being in a select group for "testing" purposes (yes I see the irony in being an Uber driver). Since many dealerships now offer rideshare leases and deals, I'm sure it may become popular. If anyone has signed up, please share your experience?

Peterson

I went further and tried to get a quote online. No success- I got a message that my zip code is not eligible. Then I made a call to this 800 number. The representative was nice and told me that online quote doesnt work and she doesn't now when it will be available, and offered to make a quote over the phone. I told her that I don't want to provide my SSN or name. She said its fine for SSN but I need to provide my name and address. I provided my friend's details and got a quote. It was about $340 per month or $1800 for half year. For part time job that gives me $250 a week it is damn too much.

BurgerTiime

I went further and tried to get a quote online. No success- I got a message that my zip code is not eligible. Then I made a call to this 800 number. The representative was nice and told me that online quote doesnt work and she doesn't now when it will be available, and offered to make a quote over the phone. I told her that I don't want to provide my SSN or name. She said its fine for SSN but I need to provide my name and address. I provided my friend's details and got a quote. It was about $340 per month or $1800 for half year. For part time job that gives me $250 a week it is damn too much.
Exactly! If you live on a high traffic area where limos and taxis pay $5k a year you're looking at $300-$500 a month! Driving Uber and Lyft is costing all of us! It's driving our insurance premiums up for all the false claims. If you have no rideshare insurance you are comminting insurance fraud. If your load says you are not to use your vehicle for payment, it's loan fraud. So that accident may never pay off that note (if car gets totaled) you're left holding the bag. That's why everyone that knows this can't afford the extra coverage and doenst drive with trade dress on. Sounds like a great "gig" right? This crap could ruin your life! Wake up people! Find a real job, seriously these passengers doesn even tip or care about you! Stupidest thing I EVER did! #neveragain

ShadyBrady

Guys, the Farmers thing only covers you while you are ONLINE and are waiting for a PING. Once you accept a ride then Uber's insurance takes over.

I don't do much driving when I'm waiting for a PING - I sure don't need another insurance policy to cover me while I'm sitting in a parking lot, or making the short trip from my last ride to the closest place to park.

BurgerTiime

Guys, the Farmers thing only covers you while you are ONLINE and are waiting for a PING. Once you accept a ride then Uber's insurance takes over.

I don't do much driving when I'm waiting for a PING - I sure don't need another insurance policy to cover me while I'm sitting in a parking lot, or making the short trip from my last ride to the closest place to park.
Driving back on all those dead miles not just parking you are uninsured. That's why Farmers sent the email out to let everyone know clearly. It's all fun and good until you hit someone then your sorry, oh wait, no that's when you file a false claim and commit insurance fraud right?

REDcarpete

This is the insurance that is needed to drive in compliance with Florida's insurance laws. TNC "partners" using personal car insurance are not in compliance. If the insurance company finds out and places a note in the operator's A PLUS or CLUE file, they are effectively blacklisted. It will affect the operator's ability to insure and finance the vehicle.

uberboy48

A friend of mine did uber lease program bama, they told him he needs a insurance policy for drivers in order to lease, so he signed up and the policy was a little bit more expensive, months later he got a letter from the insurance company saying they found out he is a uber driver and the policy does not cover uber drivers so they dropped him, basically I'm telling you guys he got scammed and this happend in a legit toyota dealership

tcmitch1

Wait a minute! Uber has the policy that takes effect during dropout of pax and waiting for next pax. This is in Florida..

http://t.uber.com/COIFL

Why get additional? I called for a quote and my premium would be $300 for 6 MO extra above what i pay now for personal insurance. I would have to make $50 more than I would make in a month just to cover the premium. I only do this part time.

luberslur

Question?. When are you guys going to come to the realization that anything Luber is involve with is pure garbage?

KiaScott

Also be aware that Uber's insurance does not cover you or your vehicle -- only the passenger and the other vehicle you damage in an at-fault accident.

Hugo

Also be aware that Uber's insurance does not cover you or your vehicle -- only the passenger and the other vehicle you damage in an at-fault accident.
UBER'S INSURANCE POLICY
From the time you log into the Uber partner app until you accept a trip in Florida we maintain a policy that provides 3rd party liability coverage in the amounts of $50k/$100k/$25k. This policy is contingent to your personal policy, meaning it will apply only if your personal auto insurance does not apply. In the state of Florida, we also maintain Personal Injury Protection coverage in amounts of $10k for medical expenses and $5k for death benefits per incident.

From the time you accept a trip until its completion and the rider(s) exits the vehicle, in Florida we maintain the following coverage:

• $1M of 3rd party liability;
• $1M of uninsured/underinsured motorist injury; and
• contingent comprehensive and collision insurance - so, if you maintain comprehensive and collision insurance on your own personal policy, our policy will cover physical damage to that vehicle up to the actual cash value of the vehicle, for any reason, with a $1,000 deductible

https://help.uber.com/h/65f4c64b-8985-4067-97a6-bf19ac6148ad

Last edited:

Peterson

I don't looked for it in fine prints, but as I remember it said that Uber's insurance is secondary to your private insurance. It means that it covers whatever your personal insurance doesn't. In case of accident you have to provide uber your personal insurance respond to that accident FIRST. And as we know our peronal insurance doesn't allow and cover us in case of business use of the car. Once our personal insurance find out that our car was used for uber/lyft they will discontinue/drop us. So you wouldn't let them know. And Uber WILL NOT COVER us with their insurance. So its enough to get into accident once to have a huge problems in the future.
In opposite to this that offered insurance for Farmers KNOWS and agreed that you are driving for uber and will provide necessary papers in case of accident. That is the difference.
Now doing uber part job and have low income from it will prevent you to have a more expensive insurance that really covers you. So there will be people who will stop driving due lack of insurance, who will switch to a new insurance and will lose part of already low income, and those who will keep it as is now praying not to have an accident.
As usually Uber takes out its responsibility either for right insurance for drivers or responsibility for fair income for driver. F&%#k you Uber.

ajdavis

Actually I had the guy at the Motor Vehicle Inspection office (Where you go to get your driving permit) tell me yesterday that Uber will not allow Florida to look at it's million dollar insurance policy so that the state of Florida can see what it covers and what it don't. So the state of Florida per the state employee does not recognize the policy. Meaning you are not cover by Uber as far as the state of Florida is concerned. And if you get into a wreck not only will your personal insurance company drop you (Because you are suppose to have commercial insurance to be a driver 4 hire) but you will be sued for any personal assets you may have. Home, car, money, etc. by anyone involved in the accident. WTF

ajdavis

UBER'S INSURANCE POLICY
From the time you log into the Uber partner app until you accept a trip in Florida we maintain a policy that provides 3rd party liability coverage in the amounts of $50k/$100k/$25k. This policy is contingent to your personal policy, meaning it will apply only if your personal auto insurance does not apply. In the state of Florida, we also maintain Personal Injury Protection coverage in amounts of $10k for medical expenses and $5k for death benefits per incident.

From the time you accept a trip until its completion and the rider(s) exits the vehicle, in Florida we maintain the following coverage:

• $1M of 3rd party liability;
• $1M of uninsured/underinsured motorist injury; and
• contingent comprehensive and collision insurance - so, if you maintain comprehensive and collision insurance on your own personal policy, our policy will cover physical damage to that vehicle up to the actual cash value of the vehicle, for any reason, with a $1,000 deductible

https://help.uber.com/h/65f4c64b-8985-4067-97a6-bf19ac6148ad
Per the Motor Vehicle Inspection office, Courthouse and the Clerk of Courts of Duval County the state of Florida does not recognize the insurance uber claims to have on each of it's driver when they are logged in. Simply because Uber has failed to allow the big wigs in the State of Florida to take a long hard look at what their policy covers and what it's policy does not cover. Get educated people. Until things change in the State of Florida we are all driving at our own risk. Trust me when I tell you this. I have spoken with police officers, clerks at the Courthouse, employees at the motor vehicle office and the Clerk of Courts office. They are not going for Uber's shit. they want their cut and with the taxi companies behind them egging them on the days ahead are going to be bumpy...

ShadyBrady

A lot of you are missing the main point - the Farmer's Insurance does NOTHING for you during a ride. Uber made it very clear in the email - this insurance would be in force from the time you go online until the time you accept a ride. Regardless of what you think of Uber's insurance, this does not affect your coverage during a ride AT ALL!

ajdavis

Correct. And if you live in the State of Florida you are not covered by the million dollar policy because Florida flat out refuses to recognize the policy because Uber has not made it available for our state to review. Please don't take my word for it, go down to the Motor Vehicle Inspection Office where you go to get your permit and speak with Gus Smith. He was really helps yesterday when I went by on a fact finding mission. And he's the one who told me the Uber's million dollar policy wasn't worth the paper it was written on. So until Uber complies with Florida's request to go over their policy with a fine tooth comb we ride on our own policies. Is no one in the State of Florida understanding what I'm saying... I have done my homework and now know what I'm suppose to do in order to be legal in the city of Jacksonville Fla... And it all comes down to money. I've done the math and the bottom line is this-

• Occupational Lic. $150
  • Commercial Insurance $1500 to $1800/6mths ($3600/1yr)
  • Application fee $50
  • Medallion/permit $100
  • Background check $25
  • Vehicle inspection $7.75

Total amount if the numbers are correct = $3932.75 (based on the yearly fee for insurance)
And then they do not have to approve your application, it can be deny even after you spend all that money...

Primeonly27

I got quotes for commercial insurance one sounded kind of shady and don't know if they would pay if a claim is submitted but their quote was about $300 a month and Farmers was about $600 a month. A third agent this was his reply

You are driving a taxi and what Uber does not tell you is that insurance companies will charge you for that. That’s the cost in Florida, about $5,000 a year…
Uber wants you to risk all your assets and just take 20% off the top and leave you in the ditch…They play fast and loose with facts. Sorry if the reality is bumming you out.