Fare reduction for wrong pax?

Philthy

Had a pool the other day and picked up 2 guys during last leg of trip. They're claim to Uber is that I picked up the wrong passenger. I always confirm my passengers name and destination. starting the rebuttal process for this but I'm sure it'll go nowhere. anyone else experience this? total loss is $8. I know it's not much but that's not the point for me, especially since it was rush hour and traffic was horrendous.

mikes424

Uber should be able to match the original ride request from the pax to the actual trip. If they match the pax should be SOL and deactived.

Last edited:

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Had a pool the other day and picked up 2 guys during last leg of trip. They're claim to Uber is that I picked up the wrong passenger. I always confirm my passengers name and destination. starting the rebuttal process for this but I'm sure it'll go nowhere. anyone else experience this? total loss is $8. I know it's not much but that's not the point for me, especially since it was rush hour and traffic was horrendous.
Yes I've experienced it. It's a scam by pax to get a free ride. Be persistent with Uber. Get your money back.

Taxi2Uber

This happened to me the other day. For a minimum fare ($3.97). I messaged uber professionally, but firmly to give me MY money back. I said I confirm rider and destination 100%, and if they want to give the rider a free ride, go ahead, but do not touch MY money. Uber returned the money, actually more. They gave me 75% ($6+) of what rider paid ($8+). I checked fare details a few day later and the "rider paid" amount was still at $0. They got their free ride after all.

teh744

It happened to me a few weeks ago..... I complained and surprisingly I got it back.:smiles:

steveK2016

Tell them you have dash cam footage even if you don't. They wont ask to see it. Then buy a dash cam if you dont already have one.

404NofFound

It gets brought up over and over, but I like to say it. What a coincidence that the wrong pax had the same destination in mind!

The Gift of Fish

The solution is to just tell Rohit to check the pax' GPS records, which will confirm that they did take the ride. It is very likely that the first few Rohits that you speak to won't understand what you are saying, but just keep trying until you find one that does. Utimately, though, you need to ask yourself if you're willing to spend 1-2 hours to resolve such an issue for 8 bucks. Personally I prefer to longhaul an extra passenger or two and get the money back that way.