Fare Guarantee (this weekend)

matPORTS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Any fare guarantee is a surge killer.
Sadly all ants fall for it.
Most fail as the conditions are so strict you end up just missing out.
Good luck. Can you send a copy of the email?
Here is the detail. BTW - this is for Sydney. Not sure if other cities/states will be getting it?

Earn $700 in guaranteed fares over the weekend!

Uber is assuring $35 per hour in fares this weekend, but in order to qualify, you must opt in! Simply click the button below.

Yes, opt me in

How does it work? It's easy.

Drive between 6:00 PM and 3:00 AM on Friday and between 4:00 PM and 3:00 AM on Saturday this weekend and you'll earn at least $35 per hour in fares.

That's $700 in fares!

Conditions to qualify:

· Opt in by registering through the button above

· Complete at least 1 trip per hour

· Accept at least 80% of trip requests

· Weekend: At least 50% of completed trips begin in the incentive service area (see map)

· Only eligible for incentives beginning after you opt-in

Opt in to earn the following in fares!

$35/hr

1-2 July

· Fri 6pm-3am

· Sat 4pm-3am

The map in question can be found at: https://image.et.uber.com/lib/fe96127371650c7e75/m/4/Screen+Shot+2016-06-16+at+5.58.55+PM.png

Uber_Syd8

Allocation of jobs gets skewed to favour drivers that are just missing their guarantee earnings rate
It's a shit sandwich that we are being asked to eat whether we take part or not

Thelma & Louise (T&L)

I have seen this all before in nearly two years of driving for Uber.
Works for those that live in the area - initially.
The constraints are very onerous, and yes surge will die.

Are you really going to drive to the limited ES area from wherever to get one trip in the ES to wherever. Like the airport, are you going to race back to the ES burn fuel and expenses, etc etc. And then back, funny.
Are you going to risk being timed out because you do not accept trips in your mad dash to the the ES.
For what a a limited and restrictive promise from Uber . Ha!!

Good luck folks for those that sign up for this foolishness .

Uber trial guy

I am in no way negative towards uber, and have never posted negatively about them, but this offer seems to easily manipulated by uber.

What happens if you do not get one ping every hour so can not complete the minimum ride per hour ?

What happens if uber gives you a ping that takes you right out of the city and you can not get back in time to complete the one ping per hour within the designated area

I don't like the way this "guarantee" is structured especially when there is no transperancy from uber on the allocation of pings

matPORTS

They are really putting the 'pressure' onto drivers now to be out there in the prime hours and in the prime areas. They have announced another morning incentive for operating in the Eastern Suburbs (starting next Monday). Now fare guarantees this weekend.

My only thought is that pax are really complaining big time about surge. Or Uber are working off the correlation between lower ratings and surge.

Avenig

Can't seem to figure out why Uber would do a fare guarantee this weekend. Is there a special event on or something?

Thelma & Louise (T&L)

I am in no way negative towards uber, and have never posted negatively about them, but this offer seems to easily manipulated by uber.

What happens if you do not get one ping every hour so can not complete the minimum ride per hour ?

What happens if uber gives you a ping that takes you right out of the city and you can not get back in time to complete the one ping per hour within the designated area

I don't like the way this "guarantee" is structured especially when there is no transperancy from uber on the allocation of pings
Good questions. And yes you are correct, you are screwed which ever way you look at it.

Thelma & Louise (T&L)

So put on your ski racks, lengthen your mini cars - loads of ski gear. Oh don't forget your chains.
You are set for a high earning week/weekend.

Last edited:

matPORTS

Can't seem to figure out why Uber would do a fare guarantee this weekend. Is there a special event on or something?
The Swans game is on. First bounce is 4:30pm on Saturday. I guess we will have a crowd moving away from Moore Park at around 7:00pm in that case.

With or without fare guarantees I don't see how surge is going to be prevented, if this is indeed the intention.

Last edited:

Dissendat

July School holidays = skiing.
There is skiing in Double Bay every @@@@ing weekend night too!

The Swans game is on. First bounce is 4:30pm on Saturday. I guess we will have a crowd moving away from Moore Park at around 7:00pm in that case.

With or without fare guarantees I don't see how surge is going to be prevented, if this is indeed the intention.
There are games on every weekend of a sport. Why put guarantees on for this one? They didn't put them on when the AFL and Super 14 were on at the same time next to each other with Vivid starting too.

Avenig

Had to pick up relatives from the airport this morning but I checked the driver app. It was surging hard at 8:30am. Last day of school for public schools. Not sure if this is why there is a fare guarantee this weekend. Still haven't seen the email come through so not sure what will happen this weekend.

Avago

5:55 pm on a Friday, and Sydney is totally surge free...
Seems like they've managed to convince a lot of extra drivers onto the roads so far...

6:30, just checked again. No surge..

Last edited: