• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Jayden Korn

So I started I fare before picking up someone because it started the pick up timer when I was 2 blocks away and took 4min to get to the passenger. So I started the fare to prevent the rider being charged as I wasn't even there yet. Then the prick gave me low stars and dispute the fare and Uber took money off me.

My question is, if I start a fare let's say 500m from the p/u point. Does the rider have that 500m added to there fare which cost them more?

If so I understand why the rider isn't happy. But the amount of times I drop people off who have a drop point shorter then there destination, I'd like to think Uber adjust but I don't know if they do because its fixed price right?

Jayden Korn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Never start the fare early.. wait until the passenger is in the car. If you are in traffic and the wait fee starts, so be it, not your problem.

I understand. But do riders get charged more or less if the p/u is different?

And same for drop off? Like the airport in my town people put the wrong Street and it's $3 less to the other Street. But I take to the the normal drop and I don't know of Uber has been 'auto adjusting'

Nod73

Does it matter? You will get booted off if you continue doing that.. supposed to wait, identify it's the correct passenger then start the fare. Don't finish the trip early, if you have an accident and they are injured you might have probs with insurance, prob unlikely but if a lawyer picked up on this you wouldn't have much chance. Better to just do it properly mate in this day and age.

Jayden Korn

Does it matter? You will get booted off if you continue doing that.. supposed to wait, identify it's the correct passenger then start the fare. Don't finish the trip early, if you have an accident and they are injured you might have probs with insurance, prob unlikely but if a lawyer picked up on this you wouldn't have much chance. Better to just do it properly mate in this day and age.
I understand what I did wasn't right though I thought I was helping. But I still want my question answered because it's got to know how it works

Tom20

Well i can answer from my plain knowledge of when trip start. Trip start, it charge per min and per kilometre. If wait time it just charge time as can be found in uber fee schedules and no distance is being charged. So your customer is paying for 4 mins of your time when you not arrived, and per kilometre, so if 500m as you said, 500m of time to get there and distance is being charged to rider fare.

Jayden Korn

Well i can answer from my plain knowledge of when trip start. Trip start, it charge per min and per kilometre. If wait time it just charge time as can be found in uber fee schedules and no distance is being charged. So your customer is paying for 4 mins of your time when you not arrived, and per kilometre, so if 500m as you said, 500m of time to get there and distance is being charged to rider fare.
Thank you Tom. Now I know. Thanks mate

lebrasee007

Never start the fare early.. wait until the passenger is in the car. If you are in traffic and the wait fee starts, so be it, not your problem.
I pretty much start fare when I arrive I don't particularly care what Uber says when they start paying my fuel and my expenditure I might think about it and I've never supplied water or mints

Beepbeep41

I pretty much start fare when I arrive I don't particularly care what Uber says when they start paying my fuel and my expenditure I might think about it and I've never supplied water or mints
Why would you sit there for 38c when it could be 60c ?

DA08

So I started I fare before picking up someone because it started the pick up timer when I was 2 blocks away and took 4min to get to the passenger. So I started the fare to prevent the rider being charged as I wasn't even there yet. Then the prick gave me low stars and dispute the fare and Uber took money off me.

My question is, if I start a fare let's say 500m from the p/u point. Does the rider have that 500m added to there fare which cost them more?

If so I understand why the rider isn't happy. But the amount of times I drop people off who have a drop point shorter then there destination, I'd like to think Uber adjust but I don't know if they do because its fixed price right?
Serves you right . Idiots why whoud you start the trip coz the timer started counting ? Who cares pax is getting charged? Are you paying for it ?

Golfer

Serves you right . Idiots why whoud you start the trip coz the timer started counting ? Who cares pax is getting charged? Are you paying for it ?
Bit rough DA08 , were very sensitive over here ,
But I still like you :smiles::smiles:
After all when it comes down to it, a " spade is a spade " :smiles:

Golfer

Maybe just a little bit . .. Heheheh
"Little bit " you're to kind to our partner, actually I'm thinking of putting up " the real me " DA08 as my avatar , the old days of " uber spying on us" here , on the forum I feel are in the past , when we had to be incognito
For fear of being deactivated , but of course it will be a younger photo , who wants to see a 70 year old golfer ( no not a baby shot ) don't tell anyone :smiles: ,I just have to work out how to do it :rolleyes:

DA08

"Little bit " you're to kind to our partner, actually I'm thinking of putting up " the real me " DA08 as my avatar , the old days of " uber spying on us" here , on the forum I feel are in the past , when we had to be incognito
For fear of being deactivated , but of course it will be a younger photo , who wants to see a 70 year old golfer ( no not a baby shot ) don't tell anyone :smiles: ,I just have to work out how to do it :rolleyes:
Do it.. Lol
Yeh definitely a younger photo... Loooolllll

Golfer

Do it.. Lol
Yeh definitely a younger photo... Loooolllll
I'll work on it 2 morrow :smiles:
Couldn't think of a new years resolution ,that I wouldn't break ,
Melb. Mod should be able to help if I have trouble,,
And when I put shite on uber , for some of their dodgy practises , which I rarely do anyhow , Will be interesting, to find out if i get deactivated ,
I'm curious now to see if they spy on us , after all this time ,
Yes " curiousity killed the cat"
The expansion into country cities / towns still irks me ,
The morals behind getting people into this caper , and possible dept ( in those areas ) are purely , all about uber
.i hope it works for those who signed up ,
Their expansion , to those places left me breathless
It was hard enough in the cities in 2015 ,
:eek:

Last edited:

Beepbeep41

Uber spying on us, deactivating us because of what we say. What rubbish! You can use your real name and say what you want about them on spacebook, Twitter all day long & they won’t do a thing. Some of the crud on this site really gives me the shite