Fare Display Delay

MyRedUber

Hi All.

In the past few months, the fare is not displaying at the end of the trip as it used to. It's now taking up to half and hour of "processing" before the fare is displayed. I've asked a passenger and they see the fare immediately the ride's finished.

Anyone else having this?

MyRedUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wondered if Uber do this deliberately to allow the passenger time to complain?

Sc-uber- doo

Hi All.

In the past few months, the fare is not displaying at the end of the trip as it used to. It's now taking up to half and hour of "processing" before the fare is displayed. I've asked a passenger and they see the fare immediately the ride's finished.

Anyone else having this?
Yes I had the same issue today , took about 6 hours to display fare , got a bit worried for a while , thought I did something wrong , but ok now. Horrendous traffic near Moore Park Sydney today, always bad when Swans play there on a Saturday.

Dissendat

I have always had this delay since I started in February. Sometimes I get it instantly, other times it is delayed though.

Azzure

Same issue here. I've noticed the short fares update pretty quickly like within 5mins but longer fares can take up to 30mins. Have also noticed the weekly statement can take up to half a day to update. As long as we get paid correctly each week though.

Aquarius

A couple of times I've had fares that have taken up to a day to be displayed- I'll get, say, 10 out of 11 displayed but have to wait for the last one. I put it down to demand on Uber's servers.

uberdoobie_uberdoobie

Hi All.

Anyone else having this?
Yep, same for me ... used to display after star rating given ... now nothing ... AND yes it also takes a fair while before the trip appears in 'earnings' esp. after the initial trip shows....
I'm guessing that the fare value that the rider confirmed to you matched your figure when it eventually showed?

The reason I ask is that yesterday during a price surge I just happened to say to the rider that my ping indicated he was on a 1.5X price surge but he said he had confirmed his price surge on the rider app as 1.9X ..... sure enough when I did my accounts I was paid at 1.5X
Maybe he was mistaken but he said he was certain it was 1.9X he was on .... I, for one, will be checking a few more times with riders on price surge rates just for my own satisfaction ...
I cant imagine Uber ever being caught charging riders a different surge to what they pay riders... but just curious if any other drivers bother to confirm surge rates with riders ?? we do sort of have to trust Uber as there is no other way to check what the rider finally pays is the same amount we get a share of??
The app seems to have been playing up a bit of late, esp. with lags between the rider app surging and driver map surge displays ... surely any discrepancies in payments won't be blamed on app 'glitch' ..

fields

Yes I had the same issue today , took about 6 hours to display fare , got a bit worried for a while , thought I did something wrong , but ok now. Horrendous traffic near Moore Park Sydney today, always bad when Swans play there on a Saturday.
Yes today was the worst I have experienced in updates of the fares. I was worried as well about not getting paid.

Despite all the doomsayers, once that light rail goes to Moore Park, we will actually be making more money. That traffic kills our business.

uberdoobie_uberdoobie

I realise this could be a pain but, if accepting a surge, do a screen pic first then check back later to compare the surge values.
The ping surge rate display and what I get paid match .... that's not the issue ....it's what the rider gets quoted and charged, matching my ping and what I get paid that concerns me..

UberSyd

I wondered if Uber do this deliberately to allow the passenger time to complain?
yeah i been getting the same for a while now... but im not sure if its that.. what i do is have the web browser site logged in on my other phone and i refresh the page after the passenger has gone out and it is showing there pretty much straight after... but i guess they could still change it later i guess

ubersleek

The fare hasn't displayed immediately on the front screen since a software update months ago. If you have a busy night with back-to-back fares you're likely never to see anything displayed other than 'processing', or maybe a fare from an hour ago. However, if you tap throught to the day's history the fare is almost always there within seconds of completing a trip and rating the customer.

UberSyd

The fare hasn't displayed immediately on the front screen since a software update months ago. If you have a busy night with back-to-back fares you're likely never to see anything displayed other than 'processing', or maybe a fare from an hour ago. However, if you tap throught to the day's history the fare is almost always there within seconds of completing a trip and rating the customer.
Yep this way works too. I normally use my other phone browser method so i don't accidently accept job when tapping to different screens on the app

Driving and Driven

I imagine Uber expanding into new countries and territories around the globe is putting a little stress on their trip servers and they just need to ramp it up and add a few more servers to make it smooth again.

outtodrive

This was the reply at 7.14pm

We are so sorry to hear about the trouble here.

Our team is aware of this issue and we appreciate your patience as we work to resolve it as quickly as we can.

If you have any other questions in the meantime, I’ll be more than happy to help.

Avenig

I noticed this a few weeks ago. Seems to happen in core hours but usually if I close and reopen the app after a minute I can get an update. Can't comment on what it is like today.

kitchensink096

Yeah I noticed this too. I just close the app and relaunch it after a trip. 70% of the time it displays straight away or stuck in 'processing'

Yesterday though none of trips were displaying any of the fares and I got worried it kept saying 0 after 10 trips. But it's slowly coming through today.

Like others said, keep a bookmark to the uber driver sign in page on a browser and its displayed there immediately.

MyRedUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've tried deleting and re-installing the driver app. I'll see if that helps next time I'm on the road.

outtodrive

They seemed to have flowed through overnight however still missing a driver cancellation on the dashboard that is showing in the app which I am disputing the 5min from accepting. Problem being until shows on the dashboard you can't get the trip id for them to investigate the matter. If anyone knows where else I can get this please shout out.