Fare details no longer shows

MiltonalpharettA

Uber is full of shit why are they hiding the actual amount the charge the passenger now?

So did Uber refund pax the overcharged and adjusted the fare based on actual time and distance?

Carbenger

Screenshot_20170907-123321.png
Screenshot_20170907-123337.png

Here is the answer I got, but basically, it is not in the best interest of uber for you to know how much pax pays. It is easier to manipulate the pay that way. Goes back to the "missing tips" issue.

PTCGUY

When we accept a ride we enter into a contract with said Company at so much per mile and so much per minute to perform such service as per contract. There is not any manipulation of the agreed to price.

When a pax initiates the service of Company they have entered into a separate contract of price for such service.

The two contracts are separate and individually binding. One not having bearing upon the other.

Last edited:

MiltonalpharettA

When we accept a ride we enter into a contract with said Company at so much per mile and so much per minute to perform such service as per contract. There is not any manipulation of the agreed to price.

When a pax initiates the service of Company they have entered into a separate contract of price for such service.

The two contracts are separate and binding. One not having bearing upon the other.
You have turned in such a tool for Uber dude! Uber is definitely manipulating pax and drivers. For pax charged them based on actual time and distance. For drivers don't hide what you charge the pax.

PTCGUY

You have turned in such a tool for Uber dude! Uber is definitely manipulating pax and drivers. For pax charged them based on actual time and distance. For drivers don't hide what you charge the pax.
If keeping it real makes me a tool then so be it.

Uber is under no obligation to make a third party privy to a contract entered into with another party.

What does it accomplish in regards to your contract for services with Uber to know what Uber is charging in another transaction? Nothing, as proven by your still accepting rides.

The business world is designed to buy at the lowest possible price and still maintain a "quality" service or product and sell at the highest price the market will bear.

Harleyfxdx1

Yes, it no longer shows what they charge the pax, even when you go into fare details. It's been obvious for months that they have been ripping off most riders, however, they have also underestimated and lost money on a few of my rides.

steveK2016

Uber is under no obligation to make a third party privy to a contract entered into with another party.

What does it accomplish in regards to your contract for services with Uber to know what Uber is charging in another transaction? Nothing, as proven by your still accepting rides.

The business world is designed to buy at the lowest possible price and still maintain a "quality" service or product and sell at the highest price the market will bear.

I'm actually surprised they starting showing that detail after the May 2017 addendum. It wouldn't surprise me if they removed it completely. I agree, its none of our business in the grand scheme of it. What is our business is how much Uber is willing to pay for my services and it is my responsibility to make my decision if its worth doing so based on that alone.

MiltonalpharettA

Yes, it no longer shows what they charge the pax, even when you go into fare details. It's been obvious for months that they have been ripping off most riders, however, they have also underestimated and lost money on a few of my rides.
I'll make sure the lose on all my trips!

No business will be successful with providing manipulating tatics.

STJ

I'll make sure the lose on all my trips!

OK this defies logic; as steveK2016 pointed out Uber is still paying you the rate (miles + time+ base) that they were a year ago so the same trip you drove last year from A to B you will make the same this year driving A to B. But because they now potentially charge the passenger more based on upfront pricing algorithm and on some they make more and some they lose more you want to find a way to make sure they lose more?? So your logic is that even though your are making the same amount for the same trip you would rather they lose money on every trip and if every drive use the F'd up logic then the business collapses and they go out of business and you get nothing now.

It's like when you see a union go on strike against a company that is losing money and then eventually the company shuts down and you see the union cheering that they won. When most people look at it and say you won?? you don't have a job now.

MiltonalpharettA

OK this defies logic; as steveK2016 pointed out Uber is still paying you the rate (miles + time+ base) that they were a year ago so the same trip you drove last year from A to B you will make the same this year driving A to B. But because they now potentially charge the passenger more based on upfront pricing algorithm and on some they make more and some they lose more you want to find a way to make sure they lose more?? So your logic is that even though your are making the same amount for the same trip you would rather they lose money on every trip and if every drive use the F'd up logic then the business collapses and they go out of business and you get nothing now.

It's like when you see a union go on strike against a company that is losing money and then eventually the company shuts down and you see the union cheering that they won. When most people look at it and say you won?? you don't have a job now.
It's Fd up logic for you to think Uber is my main source of income. Maybe you would have no job if not for Uber.

STJ

It's Fd up logic for you to think Uber is my main source of income. Maybe you would have no job if not for Uber.

Not sure where in my post I ever insinuated Uber was your only source of income, the last paragraph was an example from what unions have done in the past. It still doesn't make any logical sense that you are still getting the same amount for the same trip last year as you get this year so obviously your ok with that rate since you still drive for Uber but yet you would rather put them out of business and lose whatever income you are getting from them even though they haven't changed anything about what you make not to mention rather than if you are just unhappy with what they pay and just quit driving for them you would rather see them lose money, go out of business and take it away for those folks that are ok with what they pay and some that do need it.

And don't assume, I am semi-retired and took a buy out from my company. I then got another job mostly for benefits and the pay isn't that bad and do Uber on the weekends.

My logic is that if I don't like how much someone is paying me to do a job or I am not happy doing that job I just quit/leave, I don't try to screw them over and put them out of business because there are people there that want and/or need to be there.

MiltonalpharettA

Not sure where in my post I ever insinuated Uber was your only source of income, the last paragraph was an example from what unions have done in the past. It still doesn't make any logical sense that you are still getting the same amount for the same trip last year as you get this year so obviously your ok with that rate since you still drive for Uber but yet you would rather put them out of business and lose whatever income you are getting from them even though they haven't changed anything about what you make not to mention rather than if you are just unhappy with what they pay and just quit driving for them you would rather see them lose money, go out of business and take it away for those folks that are ok with what they pay and some that do need it.

And don't assume, I am semi-retired and took a buy out from my company. I then got another job mostly for benefits and the pay isn't that bad and do Uber on the weekends.

My logic is that if I don't like how much someone is paying me to do a job or I am not happy doing that job I just quit/leave, I don't try to screw them over and put them out of business because there are people there that want and/or need to be there.
When I started Uber in fall of 2015 I was getting $1 a mile and 16 a minute. Also when I started it was apparent when the pax was being charged a surge rate and I got a cut of the of surge fare

PTCGUY

Well that took me a week and a half of reading to get to the only paragraph that said anything. Of course, it had to be the last paragraph.

STJ

While the mileage rate is obviously lower now you have accepted the new rate because you continue to drive and log on to the app. But even if the rate was still the 1/0.16 the formula doesn't change that you were paid (base + miles + time (+surge if applicable)) the only difference now is that the passenger may be charged a different rate which sometimes is more or sometimes is less but one of the things riders wanted was to know what the trip was going to cost them before they started, thus upfront pricing.

So with upfront pricing a reality in this industry you want to know what the passenger is paying so it goes back to the you get 75% of the fare they were charged? If yes then you would benefit on the trips where it was higher but if you want the good then you would also have to accept the bad which is when Uber under estimated the fare and lost money. Bet you aren't willing to take the loss with the gains?? No it sounds like you want the gains but them keep the loss, correct? Like that would be a model that they or any business could sustain.

With the up front pricing model Uber is the one that takes the risk so they get the reward or the penalty not the drivers. We still get the exact same thing we got last year (or whenever the current rate went into effect) for the same trip from A to B. This model keeps our pay stable, it's Uber's that will fluctuate. And just like last year if there is a surge your mileage rate is multiplied by the surge so again you are getting the exact same thing as you always have for the same trip.

So who cares what Uber is charging the customer, it's there customer. You are contracted to get a rider from point A to B within preset agreed upon criteria (ie service level, vehicle requirements and etc) and for that you will be paid an agreed upon rate of ( base + miles + time) +(surge if applicable) and they offer incentives if you meet certain goals.

There is another industry that has almost the exact same model and it's the airlines. Using Delta as an example, do you know that almost 50% of Delta's flying is not done by Delta? It is done by "regional airlines" which are contractors. They get paid the same whether the flight is full or empty and they get paid x amount (by block hour) for flying the plane from point A to B which like us can differ from day to day. So because they get paid the same hourly block hour rate it's Delta that takes all the financial risk on the flight so because they have to eat the losses on the days when it's not full they get to keep the profit on the days when it was packed.

Well that took me a week and a half of reading to get to the only paragraph that said anything. Of course, it had to be the last paragraph.

PTCGUY Yeah I can be a bit wordy LOL :-)