Fare cuts email from Uber!

chevelle454

Pretty sure they're making money out the ying yang just charging the Buck sixty and even percentage of cancel fees Sheer # of drivers out here . They killed side car so there out to get lyft now.

Pretty sure they're making money out the ying yang just charging the Buck sixty and even percentage of cancel fees Sheer # of drivers out here . They killed side car so there out to get lyft now.
And you of course will be on the road to help them accomplish their goal, even at a loss :eek::rolleyes:

Ubernomics

Guys:
After a couple months working for Uber, it grabbed my attention so many online reviews are always talking about rude policies from Uber, problems on billing, poor feedbacks, poor revenues and so on. Also tons of posts on how we can improve platform and revenues. Obviously Uber has great fans, but great haters too. However, I dont want to focus this post on Uber revenues as a platform. I honestly think Uber brought an option to match a driver in need of income with a rider in need of transportation alternatives. They have a lot of merits, while it is our own decision to accept or deny their 20, 30 or even 80% in commissions...Definitively, as a brokerage platform they are, they have the rights to ask for whatever they want!!

However, keep in mind Uber is taking a % of SOMETHING. This SOMETHING is the topic I want to analyze and this SOMETHING is the real source of income, for Uber, and or course, for drivers. This source is definitively the RIDERS and the RATES. Another important element is this puzzle is the business CONCEPT and how it benefits involved parties.

My conclusion about all this intro is:

Uber is helping riders to sunk drivers!

I just sent this email to UBER and they promised me to forward it to involved parties.

"Yesterday I was congrated for one of our riders just because my 4.9 feedback. However, Im just thinking myself, why not to have a 5.0 as all of us deserves??
My self response was it is just because Uber is NOT balancing riders-revenues- drivers or even protecting us against their whims. A 4.9 review is obviously the result of a pristine service, while a couple are giving us whatever they want based on their concepts and "personal criteria" . An average review is the result of their pretension of a flying car, an error proof GPS or even the availability to pick them up with our flying car in front of the arena just 5 minutes after a great Miami heat game. Also the availability to identify them in the middle of the crowd as our "20 years neighbor" they are. Definitively Uber its the perfect tool for anyone to suck us.

If riders are the kings of this business, drivers are the kingdom.

There is not business for Uber without a happy driver, even though they have happy riders . Just to be the attractive and real source of income its supposed to be for drivers, definitively Uber will need to review the big hole is hurting our pockets and taking smiles from riders, while is taking tears from drivers.

In the understanding Uber provided a great app allows riders to request the service from anywhere, drivers are on front of such situations as riders requesting service while they are still seated inside the restaurant or even asking for the check, riders taking a bath just because app showed me driver is 10 minutes away or riders even requesting the service in a "front of their eyes" heavy traffic day just to use our cars and move them two blocks away for $5.00; its obviously the perfect option for any rider to get relaxed, chat in Facebook or simply take a little city tour for 5 bucks. Meanwhile and financial wise, riders can control their financials, their leases, their maintenance costs and their personal mileages with no hassles.

Based on Uber high end technology, I personally think it is not impossible for Uber to match GPS locations, time consumed, distance traveled and traffic, just to analyze this great "$2,48 in revenues" business. At the end, it is obvious Uber is giving riders a tool to pay drivers the worst wage I even seen in my life, even comparable with minimum tipped wage in USA. Definitively under this model, Uber is not an option for drivers.

Business possibilities will be endless at the time Uber can realize drivers are losing thousands just in non billable waiting time, non recovered expenses on riders pickup (distance based on Uber criterias) , non recovered physical effort and non recovered car deprecation.

Riders just need to come outside in a normal Miami day and say

" hey, today is the perfect day to call one stupid Uber driver will drive for me on this traffic; perfect stupid I will pay 13 cents a minute, 85 cents a mile, while I can chat, rest and browse facebook within the next 30 minutes; perfect stupid will do this big favor using his car, gas, tires, insurance and time to get $2.48 of income"

Honestly I think this is simply the worst business scenario Uber can do to satisfy a rider and get profits. Riders are considering Uber is a gift. However, Uber is not considering riders are buying our cars, our future and our families by chunks, thru a great technology platform is helping them to suck us.

Thanks Uber for this great idea, but be aware:

If you keep this concept, business model has 2 winners and one big loser.

Time will tell

Hope you like it and lets see what happens. I'll posting a couple data can show you with numbers the big difference in between "how to make money in a business" or "how to move money using a business"

Blessings

Machon that was horribly written I'm sorry to say. It seemed like it had great intention but the delivery was very poor. I sure hope that wasn't sent to Uber because if that is what was sent I guarantee it went straight to the delete bin. Nothing against you personally, I'm sure your a great person, but proof read your stuff next time.

chevelle454

And you of course will be on the road to help them accomplish their goal, even at a loss :eek::rolleyes:
Nope not me. I don't work the drunk hours and I don't chase surge. Make no money I go home Eventually these idiots will figure out that they pay taxes and maintain there vehicles. Then it might be worthwhile again.

JerseyBoy911

We have been confronted with an issue of social and economic justice. Riders must join us moving for change. The time has come, join Social Justice Rideshare on Facebook. Negotiating with Uber is futile the time has come for action.
So youre saying you've tried to negotiate?

wethepeople

Yeah, this is not temporary it never was temporary before.
Also Uber did never cut their own earnings they found a great way thru the SRF to take out over 50% on short trips.

The bad thing is that at this moment I have no other source of income and will have to continue.

THe only thing that I can and will change is the type of conversation with PAX..
It will become a mandatory that I will bring up the "rate cut situation" and will ask what they think about it.
THEN AT THE END OF THE TRIP I will see if they tip or not and instead of 4stars for not tipping I will give them 1Star so I don't see those greedy bastards ever again.

If someone doesn't know about our situation, we can't really blame them, but after the mandatory "hey Uber just cut our income once again, what do you think about it sir?" conversation there is no excuse for not tipping anymore.

Lyftonly

Is this a joke? I'm done driving. Screw Uber.
Uber is a scam man! They don't want to pay out real money anymore, they won't eliminate the SRF bc that's thier money. The sad part is as much as you think you depend on uber, they depend on you more. The best thing you or any of us drivers can do is tell uber and they're cheap ass Pax to take a hike, roll with the punches and find something else to do untill rates go up to a reasonable fare. Assuming the rideshare industry doesn't get taken out in court by the taxi industry

thedominican1

For those of you that think this is temporary...

Look at that safe ride fee... Wow.

These rates cuts are permanent, Uber never raises the rates after cuts, heck you where driving not making any money before, how on God's green earth are you going to drive now.
JUST STOP DRIVING.

Slavic Riga

Coming soon
UBER Banking - we connect people to money.

We are not a bank but a technology service provider.

Our company has $ 50 billion in assets, registered in Amsterdam, Netherlands where the Govt. is always high.
We retain expensive lawyers to kick Governments that to not respond favorably to our business plan & underground economy,
& also to our economy sharing mobile application.

Don't forget our motto "You earn for us, we become rich & powerful. You poor".

SD_Expedition

The cuts have been bad. No one is making money. Drivers out there trying to make $5 to $7 after expenses and the UBER guarantees. I urge everyone to join us as we band together and rally. That's right. This is a Rideshare Rally. Please visit you can advocate on uberpeople.net and add your email. More info will soon follow!
The cuts have been bad. No one is making money. Drivers out there trying to make $5 to $7 after expenses and the UBER guarantees. I urge everyone to join us as we band together and rally. That's right. This is a Rideshare Rally. Please visit you can advocate on uberpeople.net and add your email. More info will soon follow!

lol The Uber of tech startups for rallies.