Fare Calculations - uberX Hartford 8/18/15

borrowedtune

I did 3 trips yesterday after the rate change. The first red flag was all 3 of my trips were whole numbers: $7.00, $12.00 and $28.00. It seemed unusual. So, I did some math.

TRIP 1
Duration: 14.08 x $0.16 = $2.25
Miles: 2.81 x $1.10 = $3.09
Base = $1.75
Fare Calculation by me: $7.09
Fare Calculation by uber App: $7.00

TRIP 2
Duration: 15.02 x $0.16 = $2.40
Miles: 7.34 x $1.10 = $8.07
Base = $1.75
Fare Calculation by me: $12.22
Fare Calculation by uber App: $12.00

TRIP 3
Duration: 43.32 x $0.16 = $6.93
Miles: 17.97 x $1.10 = $19.77
Base = $1.75
Fare Calculation by me: $28.45
Fare Calculation by uber App: $28.00

In total, this is a discrepancy of $0.76 over 3 trips. Is it just me? Check your trips.

I sent an email to our CT partners.

CROWBOY

Why would you drive at those rates to begin with? All of you drivers in Hartford county are going to ruin it for the rest of us. You're proving to Uber, people are willing to drive for little profit. They'll roll out lower rates for the entire state now.

Last edited:

Simon

Why would you drive at those rates to begin with? All of you drivers in Hartford county are going to ruin it for the rest of us. You're proving to Uber, people are willing to drive for little profit. They'll roll out lower rates for the entire state now.
This.. not sure what your driving but your profit is slim to none at this rate. It will take a week for drivers to figure out that driving 20 minutes south will make more money.

UberTaxPro

Sponsor
I did 3 trips yesterday after the rate change. The first red flag was all 3 of my trips were whole numbers: $7.00, $12.00 and $28.00. It seemed unusual. So, I did some math.

TRIP 1
Base = $1.75

TRIP 2
Base = $1.75

TRIP 3
Base = $1.75

In total, this is a discrepancy of $0.76 over 3 trips. Is it just me? Check your trips.

What happens if you pick up in Stamford(fairfield county) and drop off in Hartford(Hartford County)? Which rate will be used? What happens if you pick up in Hartford and drop in Stamford?

What happens if you pick up in Stamford(fairfield county) and drop off in Hartford(Hartford County)? Which rate will be used? What happens if you pick up in Hartford and drop in Stamford?
If you start in Stamford the rate will be a 1.50 But if you pick up anywhere in Hartford County the rate is 1.10

TRIP 1
Base = $1.75

TRIP 2
Base = $1.75

TRIP 3
Base = $1.75

Just don't know why Hartford Country Uber drivers are still driving at these rates. Makes you wonder

UberTaxPro

Sponsor
Just don't know why Hartford Country Uber drivers are still driving at these rates. Makes you wonder
If they keep driving at those rates a rate reduction for the rest of the state is coming soon. The more drivers, the lower the rates....simple Uber math!

borrowedtune

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK... so no one on this forum drives in Hartford or, at the very least, drove yesterday. All I was asking was whether or not your trips were being calculated correctly. It's kind of a big deal and worth a "heads up."

I was not asking for your opinion of my intelligence or offering myself as your surrogate target of rage. The numbers speak for themselves. I, like you, have had 24 hours to digest this new development and am in the process of forming a new strategy/plan, which may or may not involve uber.

Simon

OK... so no one on this forum drives in Hartford or, at the very least, drove yesterday. All I was asking was whether or not your trips were being calculated correctly. It's kind of a big deal and worth a "heads up."

I was not asking for your opinion of my intelligence or offering myself as your surrogate target of rage. The numbers speak for themselves. I, like you, have had 24 hours to digest this new development and am in the process of forming a new strategy/plan, which may or may not involve uber.
Well we all here.. know we explained the math to you already. Its evident all over this forum. So why even test driving in Hartford County if all the facts are present?

Second we are wondering why (when we look at the rider app) we see flocks of dummy drivers working for free in Hartford County.

Third if you and the rest of the drivers there continue to drive for that rate it WILL go statewide.

Our little group here are well educated on the Uber economics and I guess we get dissapointed in our group's drivers driving for free. We taught you better than that.

borrowedtune

You're not making yourself look smart or educated by pointing out the obvious or hijacking a thread. I'm not sure what you don't understand or why you insist on doubling down. The fares are being calculated incorrectly. It's as simple as that. If you want to talk about the impact of rate reductions, there are 3 duplicate threads that were started yesterday.

Vitold

TRIP 1
Base = $1.75

TRIP 2
Base = $1.75

TRIP 3
Base = $1.75

borrowedtune

I just got an email response from uber. As suspected, trips were being rounded down and they were unaware of the issue. I have been assured that trips will be calculated correctly going forward and adjustments will be made to previous ones.

Simon

You're not making yourself look smart or educated by pointing out the obvious or hijacking a thread. I'm not sure what you don't understand or why you insist on doubling down. The fares are being calculated incorrectly. It's as simple as that. If you want to talk about the impact of rate reductions, there are 3 duplicate threads that were started yesterday.
Well keep driving in Hartford then I guess.

Vitold

You also missing 1$ safe ride fee,so you should get another dollar.
I do send the email but so far no right answer

ctuber

To the OP, hope you get that resolved, obviously the rate cut wasn't enough now Uber is also stealing from you directly.

Looking at the Pax app right now, can't believe how many fools are sitting around Hartford still.

borrowedtune

To the OP, hope you get that resolved, obviously the rate cut wasn't enough now Uber is also stealing from you directly.
This was the point.

And yes, uber has responded favorably to the issue (scroll up). I would still recommend any Hartford area drivers to send their own email to support documenting their incorrect trips and double check their fares going forward.

Zoots Alures

Ok, it's 1648 (4:48pm) here on Thursday. I just brought up Uber Rider App. For Hartford County I see: nine (9) Drivers at Bradley; eight (8) in Hartford proper; two (2) in the West Hartford, Newington area; and a couple (2) in Tolland & Windham Counties. Such solidarity in our community. Extending the benefit of doubt, I suspect that some if not all of these drivers are NOT aware of what's going on.

Regarding the "Safe Riding Fee" I believe that's for Insurance that the Driver doesn't collect as revenue. One should omit it from your net accounting practice.....

Simon

TRIP 1
Base = $1.75

TRIP 2
Base = $1.75

TRIP 3
Base = $1.75

Bumping this up for information purpose