Fare adjustment for X ride to XL: $0.56!!!

Inshur

Hairytee

Last night I got an X ride pickup at the JW Marriott on Central Park South. FIVE people get into my SUV. I ask how many they have and the guy says 5. I said you ordered an X which is only for 1-4 people and that he will be charged for an XL. I take them down to Sullivan Street. Traffic was bad and my total pay was $22.44. Afterwards, I contact Uber support to alert them it was an XL ride. I get a message back saying my pay was adjusted to $23.00! So I got a WHOPPING $0.56 extra for it going from an X to an XL ride!!!! Will NEVER do another XL ride again!!!!!

Hairytee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, it’s funny the same happens for Black rides. Last night I also got a Black request. I get two blocks away and the guy cancels. I then get an X request and accept it. Turns out it was from the same guy! I was so pissed that I canceled on him! Wasn’t going to give him the Black ride for an X price after canceling on me. As luck would have it, I go a few more blocks and get a different Black request which was a $40 fare!

jaybx17

Yeah, it’s funny the same happens for Black rides. Last night I also got a Black request. I get two blocks away and the guy cancels. I then get an X request and accept it. Turns out it was from the same guy! I was so pissed that I canceled on him! Wasn’t going to give him the Black ride for an X price after canceling on me. As luck would have it, I go a few more blocks and get a different Black request which was a $40 fare!
This little jewish kid called it a "hack" once. His brother taught em how to get an upgraded ride at X cost. No lie, went to one of them preppy schools on the west side too so you know they had the loot... smh

drbrkln

This little jewish kid called it a "hack" once. His brother taught em how to get an upgraded ride at X cost. No lie, went to one of them preppy schools on the west side too so you know they had the loot... smh
Are you saying that whoever orders Black then cancels and reorders X right gets the same driver ?

Uberinghonda

Last night I got an X ride pickup at the JW Marriott on Central Park South. FIVE people get into my SUV. I ask how many they have and the guy says 5. I said you ordered an X which is only for 1-4 people and that he will be charged for an XL. I take them down to Sullivan Street. Traffic was bad and my total pay was $22.44. Afterwards, I contact Uber support to alert them it was an XL ride. I get a message back saying my pay was adjusted to $23.00! So I got a WHOPPING $0.56 extra for it going from an X to an XL ride!!!! Will NEVER do another XL ride again!!!!!
Next time tell them to change it to uberfool. You will get paid more lol.

TiRaMeELDeMBou

Are you saying that whoever orders Black then cancels and reorders X right gets the same driver ?
This wont happen if you drive like this
20190413_230736.jpg

If you can do black then turn all else off whats wrong with you

Mikemike88

Did you know that the time rate is higher for UberX than UberXL?

It's crazy but I don't understand why people still accepting XL rides. Most XL rides are 5-6 people or passengers will lots of stuff to move.

Hairytee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did you know that the time rate is higher for UberX than UberXL?

It's crazy but I don't understand why people still accepting XL rides. Most XL rides are 5-6 people or passengers will lots of stuff to move.
I don’t accept XL rides. They are the worse and the fare is only a little more than X and you have to deal with a boatload of passengers. Totally sucks!
Post automatically merged:

Crazy that XL is .49min same as X. :o-o:
Yes and per mile is only $.42 more!

Wardell Curry

Mistake 1. You told pax you are adjusting fare to xl. Just drive man and handle adjustments after. When I was cleaning and people order x with 5 people. I smile, greet them, take them to destination , say good by with a smile. After trip ends, I tell Uber I took a trip with 5 pax and they ALWAYS adjusted fare to correct the amount. Never had an issue here.

Zubera

Cheapos fishing for desperate XL and Black drivers. Surprised it happened there though, according to this blog says all the scams happen in the outer boros :rolleyes:
Don't you think it's these drivers fault because they make precedents of it by accepting X?

This wont happen if you drive like this
View attachment 313060

If you can do black then turn all else off whats wrong with you
Exactly

If you go that way that you have to ask for adjustment why don't you ask to adjust it to SUV?

Last edited:

LiveNLearn

I don’t accept XL rides. They are the worse and the fare is only a little more than X and you have to deal with a boatload of passengers. Totally sucks!

Yes and per mile is only $.42 more!
Yea bro all that nonsense XL is way more work. Not worth the extra pennies. Thats absurd. Uber should have scaled the difference. And they are probably charging inflated XL prices blaming it on the TLC

I saw Black only get .63min ....not worth the extra effort and add that black is basically dead...you can make close to that with a 6k Prius....49min?

YouBeer

All these fools sympathising with you.
Funny.
You have an SUV level vehicle and youre accepting X?
Bwahahaha.
Serves you right.
Take your medicine.

Mistake 1. You told pax you are adjusting fare to xl. Just drive man and handle adjustments after. When I was cleaning and people order x with 5 people. I smile, greet them, take them to destination , say good by with a smile. After trip ends, I tell Uber I took a trip with 5 pax and they ALWAYS adjusted fare to correct the amount. Never had an issue here.
The first mistake he made was accept X with an SUV.

Uberinghonda

He has to tell them he has to adjust the fair, if they get charged more they will know why, or else they will complain to uber to get a refund.

Inshur New York