• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Far away trips

Merc49

Lately uber has been sending me pings for a 3 min. ride thats 20 min. away. Its almost in rapid succession and always when bars are letting out. They are burning up my acceptance rate and i called and complained about that and people ordering over and over again like pushing the button over and over makes the driver accept your ride. I asked them if they could make money buying hamburgers for 5 dollars and selling them for 2. I said i cant make money picking up pools that cost more to do than i make. And as usuall they could only read from the scripted sheet of responses. They will not adjust your rate because they said you have to accept all rides sent to you unless you are out of time for that day.

Coachman

Well the first thing you learn is that as soon as you decline a 20min pickup you go offline for about half a minute so you don't get hit with the second or third request. I do the same after a cancel. I don't want to get the next request from that rider no matter whether I canceled or they did.

Sometimes I just take it as a sign that I need to pull over a few minutes for a pee break.

Last edited:

Uberisfuninlv

Remember as a rookie Uber no longer gives us CTB. We get paid with 3 point bonus “happy hours” towards our Uber Pro Status. At Uber, points and stars and badges are worth more than money :rolleyes:

Declineathon

Lately uber has been sending me pings for a 3 min. ride thats 20 min. away. Its almost in rapid succession and always when bars are letting out. They are burning up my acceptance rate and i called and complained about that and people ordering over and over again like pushing the button over and over makes the driver accept your ride. I asked them if they could make money buying hamburgers for 5 dollars and selling them for 2. I said i cant make money picking up pools that cost more to do than i make. And as usuall they could only read from the scripted sheet of responses. They will not adjust your rate because they said you have to accept all rides sent to you unless you are out of time for that day.
"You had to accept all rides?" Thats a declaration of employment.