• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

FAQ card for new riders

st3rling

I've had several newbie riders in the last 2 weeks using Uber for the 1st or 2nd time. And all of them asked me how it works, how much we get paid and most importantly if they really don't have to tip.

What do you guys think about making, let's say, a post size card (or even business size) that will include some facts about Uber to educate new riders? So, whenever you get a newbie, you could just hand out the card for them to study during the ride. Probably keep it short and maybe somehow entertaining to keep their attention.

It could be like a FAQ card or something in pdf format that anyone can download and submit to the online print shop to print yourself a few dozens of copies on good quality paper. Any graphics designers out there to create nice design for the card?
  • Uber was started in 2009 by Travis Kalanick and its estimated worth around $50 billion right now
  • Yes, you're insured by Uber while the trip is on
  • No, the tip is not included and you're not required to tip, but if you think the service provided was great...
  • We wait 5 minutes after arriving at the destination, the call the rider and if no response, cancel the trip
  • You will be charged $5 if you are a "No show" and trip is cancelled by the driver
  • We cannot accept the ride if your name doesn't match the name in the app
  • Please ask driver if you need a charger, change/shut off the radio station
  • Please notify the driver BEFORE you puke so he/she can give you the barf bag
What do you think? Worth it?
Please feel free to add change suggest anything you like.

P.S. I apologize if this was already suggested/implemented on this forum

I think this is absolutely fantastic. I could probably get away with printing a couple of these off at work. Now, instead of handing them out, why not just put a rail between your driver and passenger seat, thin enough to clip a clipboard onto and just hang the facts list, then tell them about it and to please return when finished. I should probably make a sign that reminds riders not to slam my doors too. That's a huge pet peeve.

painfreepc

I've had several newbie riders in the last 2 weeks using Uber for the 1st or 2nd time. And all of them asked me how it works, how much we get paid and most importantly if they really don't have to tip.

What do you guys think about making, let's say, a post size card (or even business size) that will include some facts about Uber to educate new riders? So, whenever you get a newbie, you could just hand out the card for them to study during the ride. Probably keep it short and maybe somehow entertaining to keep their attention.

It could be like a FAQ card or something in pdf format that anyone can download and submit to the online print shop to print yourself a few dozens of copies on good quality paper. Any graphics designers out there to create nice design for the card?
  • Uber was started in 2009 by Travis Kalanick and its estimated worth around $50 billion right now
  • Yes, you're insured by Uber while the trip is on
  • No, the tip is not included and you're not required to tip, but if you think the service provided was great...
  • We wait 5 minutes after arriving at the destination, the call the rider and if no response, cancel the trip
  • You will be charged $5 if you are a "No show" and trip is cancelled by the driver
  • We cannot accept the ride if your name doesn't match the name in the app
  • Please ask driver if you need a charger, change/shut off the radio station
  • Please notify the driver BEFORE you puke so he/she can give you the barf bag
What do you think? Worth it?
Please feel free to add change suggest anything you like.

P.S. I apologize if this was already suggested/implemented on this forum
from this:
No, the tip is not included and you're not required to tip, but if you think the service provided was great...

to this:
No, the tip is not included and you're not required to tip, but your not required to tip the taxi, bartender or denny's waitress...