1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Falsified accusation of drug/drunk driving

Discussion in 'Advice' started by MyJessicaLS430, May 29, 2018.

1. MyJessicaLS430

MyJessicaLS430 Member

Hi everyone,

I was temporarily put on hold from driving uber 2 days ago because a rider reported about impaired driving due to the use of alcohol or drug. I don't even have a drop of water while I drive! Uber representatives said they are reviewing the case but have not provided any updates since then.

If Uber is willing to reactivate my account again, I will only be doing deliveries (I have met some rude and arrogant riders). Since I do uber for fun, doing delivery seems to be the most secure way to guard against fradulent complains.

Anyone has experienced with this? Any comments or shares are appreciated!

tohunt4me and 1.5xorbust like this.
  2. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧ Well-Known Member

Uber is giving you time to sober up, then you will be active again.

3. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Fraudsters come in all shapes & sizes. When you’re driving Eats, the customers will accuse you of eating their food.

4. The Gift of Fish

The Gift of Fish Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure you're normal. No offense.

Uber's Guber and JoshInReno like this.
  5. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

You get 3 reports of impaired while driving in the last 500 days.

PTUber likes this.

6. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

I think the fix for that kind of false complaints is to avoid driving drunk college kids. It's kind of a game they play to get free rides.

They're too self-obsessed to care whether they screw up some driver's family livelihood. The world is all about them.

7. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust Well-Known Member

Avoiding pool pax and the night shift should help you avoid those types of accusations.

Jo3030 and Uber's Guber like this.
  8. OtherUbersdo

OtherUbersdo Active Member

I'd find a new hobby .

Scott.Sul likes this.

9. Atom guy

Atom guy Well-Known Member

My local McDonald's has taken food protection to ridiculous extremes. The food is double bagged, and both bags are taped shut with giant stickers. The drinks are put in plastic to go bags, wrapped up, and taped inside. The food is practically mummified. Meanwhile, my local 5 Guys just hands the driver a wide open greasy bag.

10. Rakos

Rakos Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Demand they compensate you...!

Rumor has it they MAY give $150...

Give it a try...8>)

Also offer dashcam video proof...

Of your soberness...8>)

Good Luck...!

Rakos
    khi-me-cuu-va-cham-soc-cho-con-nhu-con-de.jpg

JMlyftuber likes this.
  11. Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    LOL!

Travisbickle89 likes this.
  12. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    Wait till you meet the violent riders. Uber won't be fun anymore. Especially in Houston.

13. Pulledclear

Pulledclear Active Member

I’m not sure you understand the word fun.

command3r and SpongemanGreg like this.
  14. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

Says who???

Yup! No stealing frys

15. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

I went into the greenlight hub and asked.

16. Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Return to the hub and ask again..... you get a different answer each time.

Demon, Mista T and AuxCordBoston like this.

17. #professoruber

#professoruber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    There is driving while impaired and driving "like" you are impaired. Based on feedback from riders and watching drivers at airports/events, I am estimating 30% of the drivers drive "like" they are impaired.

My favorite example is a event or bar area and a drive stops in the middle of a busy road. Cars are stacking up, a few honks, but as you watch them they are oblivious. They have the eye of the prize (the rider) and are in haze until I get out of my car, bang on there window, and tell them where to pull over and to call the rider. And they look at me with that dazed and confused look.

18. Retired Senior

Retired Senior Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This happened to med a few months ago. I had the flu but thought I was OK to drive. I only did 1 ride before realizing that I should have stayed in bed. The passenger was a young woman. She notified Uber that she believed that I had been drinking. I was suspended for 3 days. I did drive to the "greenlight" office in Stamford and said that I would have rather been told to go to the nearest police station, and pay for a breathalyzer test, than lose 3 days of work.

I have since posted my "solution" to this particular problem in several places, but apparently it is either too daunting for Uber to work something out with various police departments or too simple for the uber techies to take seriously.

Uber can - the instant they get notified that a driver may have been DWI - send out a directive to visit the nearest Police dept. and be tested. Many drivers who have been falsely accused would be happy to comply. Of course, I do realize that in a case of some-one driving when they are ill, it may not be practical to visit the local police, but a test that is certified by the cops should at least be an option.

Rakos likes this.
  19. CJfrom619

CJfrom619 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I would definitely start drinking water while you drive.

20. Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    This is absurd. Police don’t conduct testing unless they’re conducting their own investigation for the purpose of having you prosecuted. As for Uber, they’re not going to hassle setting up appointments to have you tested, they just simply deactivate you and send your pings to the millions of other ants who sit in waiting.

kcdrvr15, RockinEZ and Mista T like this.