1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Falsely Accused

Discussion in 'Stories' started by CapeCodGuy, Jan 11, 2019.

1. My account was recently terminated for some kind of sexual misconduct. This couldn't be further from the truth as I have always been a protector of those who may be vulnerable. I'm not even sure who filed the complaint!....and I certainly have no idea why. Uber drivers are at great risk of slander and false accusations. What a shame, this world we live in. ......just trying to make a living and any low-life can shut you down. I believe i was caught in the crossfire between two feuding families but I'm not sure who or why. Either way, my account was closed and I am sitting here in shock. I tried to defend myself with Uber, but the guy on the other end of the call seemed to have his mind made up from the get-go. ....such a horrible feeling, being accused of something you didn't do. Very sad.

1.5xorbust and 1974toyota like this.
  2. complain to Mass. Labor dept, also complain to your local state reps, if more people did this, they'd have more regulations on what Uber can do in these cases,GL,jmo

3. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

4. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Do you have a dash cam? If not, SOL unfortunately, people will do anything to scam a free ride.

Santa, Merc7186, 911 Guy and 3 others like this.
  5. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    A pax probably video recorded you when you were saying or doing something that you shouldn’t have been doing, and they sent the video to Uber. You got busted.

6. mrpjfresh

mrpjfresh

Driving:
    UberX
    How very Shakespearean! Maybe, in the future however, more drivey drivey and less touchy touchy.

Unfortunately, it is just easier to break off one little ant than to take the risk on yet another sexual deviant slipping through the cracks and making headlines. If you were doing this job without a dash camera, then forget about suing the rider as it is he said, (s)he said without proof. If you walk the tightrope without a net (ie: dash cam) and you fall, you pay the ultimate price. Sorry.

Santa, Seamus, 1.5xorbust and 2 others like this.
  7. Merc7186

Merc7186

Driving:
    UberXL
    Sorry OP but without dashcam evidence to back up your claim, it is strictly your word against the pax. And your word means zero to uber.

1974toyota likes this.
  8. Les in Jax

Les in Jax

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber is not a good company to work for. You can be deactivated over false allegations not even related to safety. Only way to partially protect yourself is use only words Yes and No. Any conversation puts you in jeopardy with Uber.

9. Seamus

Seamus

Driving:
    UberX

mrpjfresh likes this.
  10. Coachman

Coachman

Driving:
    UberX
    I'd like to see the notice Uber sent you. Please post a screen shot.

11. These days it's becoming an epidemic with passengers making false claims because they want a refund or free rides. I was recently permanently deactivated because 2 different people said I was driving drunk. Shocking, because im a T-totaler and haven't had a drink in over 5 years! So after 3 years and 9000 rides, they terminate me just like that! I'm still fighting with support and the answer bots trying to get through to someone, so good luck!

But it's easy to find out who made the accusation, just flip through the days rides and go into "fare details" for each one until you find the person that got refunded. That will be your accuser. Best of Luck.

1974toyota likes this.
  12. file a complaint with your State labor dept,jmo

13. I wonder, if you do have a dashcam if you can file suit against Uber and John Doe for libel/slander. If a court lets the case proceed then you can subpoena the identity of the complainer. It would seem if you have evidence that proves your innocence you would have a good case. I would think Uber would have some liability by joining in on the slander and terminating you without an adequate investigation.

LyftNewbie10, mrpjfresh and Santa like this.
  14. FLKeys

FLKeys

Driving:
    UberX
    I would absolutely pursue a slander case if I was unjustly treated and had evidence to prove it. If enough people do this and word would get out to these PAXholes that think it is fun and games making them realize their actions have consequences. I'm sure most of them that want a free ride don't realize that they are potentially costing someone their job.

CarpeNoctem likes this.
  15. do us a favor, call a real Lawyer NOW,tell them you want to sue uber,ask him how much?how long?whats the chances of a good outcome$$$ for you? get back to us,have a good day,jmo

Santa and Uber's Guber like this.
  16. A lot of attorneys will take a case on a percentage basis.

17. I'd like to hear about 1 guy on this board tell us they sued Uber,how they did it,how much time/$ it cost and the out come, many people say i'm gonna sue, they have no idea whats involved,time,$ etc,as far as % basis? its like those Personal injury ads,NO lawyer will take on a case,if they don't think they'll win,thats why they say i'll take a case,any way good luck.jmo

18. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Not for a percentage of peanuts.

BigRedDriver likes this.
  19. TXUbering

TXUbering

I had a pax that couldn't have been more than 23 years old. Cute young lady, but she told me about a guy that was in his 50s trying to hit on her and acting a little aggressive towards her. I'm not saying that your story may be the same, but in this heightened sense of women's boundaries, you have to have even better judgment about how you act. Even if you didn't do anything wrong, put yourself in Uber's position. Should they sacrifice bad PR because you didn't bother to mount a dashcam to protect yourself? If you decide to drive on Lyft, let this be a lesson to you, get a dashcam.

BigRedDriver likes this.
  20. Most dashcams have enough storage for 4-8 hours. Unless you are carrying two sd cards with you, an downloading the data on to a hard drive, your cam footage will be over written by the time you are aware that you are accused